Worldcup Footie, Pyramid and The Park

Guest Staberinde

Seconded :P

They showed the Lions last year and no one was jumping up and down saying 'If you like rugby so much...'.

I love football and i love Glastonbury like a hell of alot of people going and i think it's only right that they offer the chance to indulge in two great summer time events.

It's not our fault the two clash.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded :P

They showed the Lions last year and no one was jumping up and down saying 'If you like rugby so much...'.

I love football and i love Glastonbury like a hell of alot of people going and i think it's only right that they offer the chance to indulge in two great summer time events.

It's not our fault the two clash.

ah, I'd think i'd prefer us to finish second in the group so will play the sunday, dont want it to disrupt my saturday schedule! but I have to agree, the football will over rule anything, especially a tie against the germans. its unmissable and im sure will be rammed at The Park.

There are plenty of games that I would be interested in watching however South Africa's group looks pretty interesting. It would be quite cool to chill out for a couple of hours and watch a game. However I hope England get knocked out at the group stage, can't stand the players or the fans tbh.

ah, I'd think i'd prefer us to finish second in the group so will play the sunday, dont want it to disrupt my saturday schedule! but I have to agree, the football will over rule anything, especially a tie against the germans. its unmissable and im sure will be rammed at The Park.

There are plenty of games that I would be interested in watching however South Africa's group looks pretty interesting. It would be quite cool to chill out for a couple of hours and watch a game. However I hope England get knocked out at the group stage, can't stand the players or the fans tbh.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/interna..._grp_ids=120565

8/1

You'be be far better puting 2 doubles on USA & Algeria (4&18) - USA & Slovenia(4&9) to go through. But seriously can you really see dropping any points other than maybe drawing with USA?

Having just looked at the fixtures it could be Germany, Argentina, Italy on the way to the final for England. They'll need a huge slice of luck to get through them fixtures.

. Experienced campaigners and more importantly players in form such as Landon Donavon, Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, Demarcus Beasley, etc. I really fancy the US to get something from this game with the English (0-0 or 1-1).

Slovenia: got past Gus Hiddink's Russia in the play-offs. A pacey enough team who gave Russia plently of it.

Algeria: will be absolutely bursting with national pride and also have one or 2 handy players in Bougherra, Ziani and Belhadj (who was excellent after coming on as a sub for Pompey at the weekend in the cup final).

International football can be strange and Greece in 2004 showed that good organisation and a good team spirit can be a huge factor.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the 2nd round ties of USA v Australia and Slovenia V Germany :P

The USA will do ok as they are organised, but any team under Capello will be organised and England have some far better players. Demarcus Beasley - bloody hell :P

England got a brilliant draw. However Germany & Australia will have a much harder time of it against Ghana & Serbia.