Guest SomeDay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcade Fire - amazing

The Libertines - pants

Dizzee Rascal - ok, but only for the hits

The Cribs - not bad. was a while ago though.

The Maccabees - great. seen them loads of times and each time was a blast

Mystery Jets - they are alright. better in the early days

The Futureheads - not for a while but always good

Serj Tankian - he was good. but sound wasnt great on main stage

Blink 182 - tbh i don't really remember them but remember linkin park being amazing after them

We Are Scientists - ok

Foals - very good.

Queens of the Stone Age - worth a watch but never really been my thing and they never blow me away

Biffy Clyro - totally loved them in 2003. Then they were ok last times i saw them. Looking forward to this one though as havent seen them in a while

Lostprophets - fed up of them. seen them too many times and never been interested

Billy Talent - saw them at GIAN and they were awesome.

i have seen....

the arcade fire - one of my favourite live bands in the world ever. brilliant. not 100% sure they can pull of headlining R&L though. will be interesting.

the cribs - always excellent, full of energy.

the gaslight anthem - saw them in the lock up 2 years ago and nme last year. brilliant band and good live. brian fallon is very charismatic and likeable. got a copy of their new album which is brilliant too.

the futureheads - ok. decent enough live middle of the day band, will get the crowd going.

frank turner - meh, he has one or two songs i really like. there are a lot of punk singers doing folky/acoustic stuff at the moment. if they hadn't this background they wouldn't be so big. give him a listen though, you might like him.

blink 182 - saw them at reading in 2000. they were very good. entertaining. the best bits were when they were chatting between songs. hopefully they will play a lot of older stuff as i wasn't so fussed on stuff after enema of the state.

weezer - seen them quite a few times. hopefully they play most of blue and a fair sprinkling of pinkerton too. always good and massively popular with a lot of the R&L crowd.

limp bizkit - again saw them at reading 2000. they should be fun!

klaxons - saw them a few years back and they were surprisingly very good! shame they clash with blink 182!

we are scientists - not a huge fan but they are pretty good live. if nothing else is on i will see them. i'd rather cut of my testes than watch paramore!

queens of the stone age - seen these a few times. they're pretty good although im not a massive fan.

biffy clyro - well....they're biffy clyro. they seem to play every single day of their lives! i'm not fussed on all of their stuff but they have a few good songs. decent live.

lost prophets - well..... hailing from cardiff myself i used to love them and have seen them a fair few times. haven't really liked their music since fake sound of progress got remastered and reissued though! they are good live though and if there is not much on i'll definitely watch them.

nofx - not really my bag but very good live. really get the crowd going! massive punk bands like them, less than jake and dropkick murphy's seem to handle a massive crowd extremely well and get people going who wouldn't usually listen to them in a million years and are perfectly suited for this slot!

hope that helps.... :P

Gogol Brodello: twice, amazing band, lots of energy, it's just incredible to see.

billy Talent: Played like on a DVD, not very good.

Arcade Fire: Awesome. Easily one of the top 5 performances i've seen.

The Futureheads: They were really bad.

Enter Shikari: Really bad too.

Klaxons: They were awesome. Incredible energy. A real blast.

Paramore - underwhelming

QOTSA - absolutely amazing when i saw them at their own gig

Biffy Clyro - awesome before puzzle came out, then got worse when they started setlists with only one or two old songs on

Lostprophets - the older songs are amazing live, shame the new stuff isnt as gd

Gogol Bordello - first gig I ever wnet to, great live band, really fun

Billy Talent - Amazing every time I've seen em

Queens Of The Stone Age - Very good band, and always wanted to see them. Finally got to see them at Reading 2008 and they were a bit of a disapointment. This was way more disapointing as i know they are a f**king great live act. They'll definatly be better this year.

Dizzee Rascal - Got dragged to see the Lily Allen/Dizzee Rascal co-tour at the o2 Arena. Lily was dreadful, but Dizzee put on a hell of a show. Very very good live act, with a superb live band.

Pendulum - Saw them at Reading 2008. Were dreadful, and attract morons to the crowd. Should free AF up from the morons which is good :P

Enter Shikari - Saw them in 2007 i think. They were average, not a great band at all. Totally out-done by the support act, Hundred Reasons. ES were average live when i saw them.

We Are Scientists - Saw them in 2008 on their secret set on the BBC Int. stage. We very good, catchy songs and good live. But it was an acoustic set so i have no idea if they are good live normally. They seem to have an arrogant twist to them.

biffy clyro - saw them for the first time last year, and they are one of my facvourite bands. i thought they were good, but a few more older tracks would be cool.

lost prophets - saw them in 2008, were poor the sound was dreadful though, and that didnt help.

gaslight anthem - i guess im fortunate to have seen these while they were still relatively small. they were incredible, really, really good.

enter shikari - one of the first gigs i went too, and i really enjoyed it.

frank turner - seen him twice now, and both times he was excellent. he has a real down to earth attitude, and comes across really well.

you me at six - were dreadful. sang out of time, guitars were quiet, really, really bad.

edit

big pink - just realised id seen these, proves how forgettable thet are. they were alright however.

Edited by mallett

The Big Pink

Young Guns

Billy Talent

Gogol Bordello

Lostprophets

Biffy Clyro

QotSA

LCD Soundsystem

Frank Turner

Serj Tankian

Crystal Castles

Enter Shikari

The Futureheads

The Maccabees

Arcade Fire

Band of Horses

Foals

We Are Scientists

Klaxons

All Time Low

YM@6

Paramore

Plenty here that i'd happily see again, including Futureheads, Maccabees, QotSA, Enter Shikari and Biffy

Pendulum - saw them at leeds uni before their 2nd album and they were very very good.

The Cribs - always a great atmosphere and a good live band.

Dizzee Rascal - was fun on the mainstage a couple of years ago.

Arcade Fire - very good.

You me at six - not my cup of tea

Paramore - not bad, if you like their music youll like them.

Klaxons - very good

Billy Talent - awesome

Lostprophets - saw them on mainstage in 2007 and they put on a great show

Biffy Clyro - Good

Queens of the Stone Age - werent very good a couple of years ago, but everyone has an off day, they should be amazing!

arcade fire - amazing, can't even describe what the experience is like.. they are incredible live.

dizzee rascal - good

the cribs - when they're good, they are really good but you can tell when they can't really be arsed. they'll be good at leeds.

blink 182 - they're not that good live and are probably worse now that tom has got this annoying whiny singing voice. but they're my favourite band so i'll be pished and singing along to every song.. if you're not a big fan i think you'd be disappointed though.

motion city soundtrack - seen them supporting blink years ago, if i remember right they were good.

queens of the stoneage - always good

bify clyro - they seem good enough live but i'm not really a fan, they're overrated.

enter shikari - love them, i love their live sets.

frank turner - good.

we are scientists - good.

Edited by _rachelbon

QOTSA- really good

Biffy Clyro-excellent

Lostprophets- ok

Billy Talent- AMAZING everytime i see them !

Young guns- meh

Arcade fire-excellent

the cribs-good

the futureheads- good

ym@6- good

all time low-good

klaxons- good

We are scientsts- great live band and very funny

The Futureheads - Nothing groundbreaking but I had fun seeing them

The Maccabees - Walked into their set without knowing anything about them and thought they were great. Definately going to be seeing them come August

Pendulum - If you ignore the music snobs, they are a good live band. always absolutely full of energy, and put on a good show

Limp Bizkit - Download 09, unreal! Highlight of the weekend, so f**king good!

Biffy Clyro - Seen them a few times, always play well and are a good listen

Guns N' Roses - Shockingly bad in 06. Axl turned up an hour and a half late so he could have a roast dinner, had a temper tantrum onstage, then walked of early. Major disappointment and there's not a hope in hell I'll be ending the festival with them

Guns N Roses - at Download a few years ago. First few songs were great and then Axl had a strop.

QOTSA - can be great, but were dull last time at Reading.

Biffy Clyro - at many festivals over the last 10 years. Always good.

Lostprophets - from small clubs to headlining Download. Good fun these days.

NOFX - always great.

Gogol Bordello - not really my cup of tea.

Billy Talent - Good musically. Don't like the singer.

Arcade Fire - forgettable.

Dizzee Rascal - good festival act.

Gaslight Anthem - great with Springsteen last year. Looking forward to seeing them again this summer.

The Futureheads - not for years. Not my thing.

Pendulum - alright if you're in the mood.

Enter Shikari - no thanks.

Frank Turner - s'alright.

Blink 182 - messy, but good fun.

Paramore - Pretty great.

Weezer - was mildly disappointed last time.

Limp Bizkit -saw them back in the day and twice last summer. As good as ever and great fun.

Thrice - s'alright.

We Are Scientists - Better than I expected last year.

Didn't realise it was that many!

Blink 182 - good fun sing along

Libertines - love the band but was a bit underwhelmed live

Pendulum - great in 2008

Gaslight Anthem - Highlight of last year, awesome.

QOTSA - Meh

NOFX - Awesome, even better if you're drunk off your face and fat mike doesn't make you drink piss.

Billy Talent - great and seem to get better each time.

Paramore - meh

We are scientists - really good

Frank turner - good but a bit too much in a big tent, would be awesome headlining the FR stage.

Serj Tankian - good on the main stage a few years ago

Biffy Clyro - Good but I kinda drifted away

Lostprophets - meh

Modest Mouse - great band, lacked a little live.

futureheads - good fun even though I'm not a big fan

Mystery Jets - had one good song

LCD soundsystem - cool as f**k

Dizzee Rascal - gets the crowd going, good stuff

guns n roses - saw them do a download warm up gig at hammersmith, dispite coming on at 11pm and not finishing until around 2.30am, they were amazing, its not the original line up, no slash :/ but ive been a guns fan since childhood, and so i just appreciated the music being played live, they are pretty damn good :P

queens of the stone age - seen them twice before, supporting foos at hyde park in 06, they were decent, and again in 08 at reading before rage, they were amazing, cant wait to see them again

biffy clyro - seen them three times, reading 07, supporting linkin park and at reading 08 again, great all three times, altho recent setlists have lacked stuff other than puzzle tracks

lostprophets - seen them probably 7 or 8 times, ive lost count, they were better in 2007 on the mainstage and when i saw them at their own gig in 07 too, always get the crowd going and always put on a good show, werent that amazing in the tent last year but still realy good, still dont think theyl be able to top their 07 mainstage performance

billy talent - reading mainstage in 07, really good and worth seeing, looking forward to them

dizzee rascal - seen him 3 times before, really great live, and hes got a lot of presence and charisma, knows how to work a crowd and appeals to a lot of people, so itl be a good dance and laugh

mystery jets - absolute w*nk, avoid them, saw them by accident not sure where and left to do something more interesting :lol:

futureheads - foos support act at wembley stadium, found them boring and repetitive, the crowd seemed to be enjoying them, but they werent for me

paramore - only seen them once before opening the mainstage in 2007, just for hayley williams :P but they are really good live too :lol:

limp bizkit - sonisphere in 09, really got the crowd going, and reminded me of my youth :lol: and fred durst didnt come across as a dickhead, he was quite humble and respectful which i didnt expect

motion city soundtrack - saw them years ago, cant remember where, but they were a good, definately seeing them if i wake up in time

pendulum - twice before, once when they were quite unknown then again supporting linkin park and MK bowl, very good, missed them at reading 2008 to watch feeder, but they will get that tent moving, heard it was crazy last time in the tent

enter shikari - seen them maybe 5 times now?? :P good performances each time, everyone will be at libertines this year, im still not sure if ill see them yet

serj tankian - epic! saw him support foos at the o2, he was brilliant, im a huge system fan, so seeing him on stage with that presence was a treat, plus he performed a song with dave grohl later on, also saw him at reading 08, the sound quality was awful, really ruined his set, could barely hear him and i dont think he was too happy about it, at the moment hes touring with an orchestra, so i cant wait for this year!

anyway, thats my input! enjoy :lol:

Ok, here's who I've seen and marks out of 10.

Arcade Fire 9

Libertines 7

Dizzee Rascal 8

The Cribs 9

The Futureheads 7

Frank Turner 7

Blink 182 6

Weezer 7

Cypress Hill 8

Limp Bizkit 8

We Are Scientists 7

Guns n Roses 10

Queens Of The Stone Age 9

Biffy Clyro 7

Gogol Bordello 7

LCD Soundsystem 8

Arcade Fire - Put on a great show, very atmospheric and ambient.

Dizzee Rascal - Yawn.

The Cribs - Again, yawn.

The Futureheads - Saw them support Foos years ago. Hardly lifechanging but still fun.

Enter Shikari - Saw about 30 seconds of them walking past the Other Stage at Glasto, can't remember much else.

Serj Tankian - Pretty decent.

We Are Scientists - Again, don't expect a breathtaking show but still good fun live.

QOTSA - Seen them twice, once they were dull, the other time they brought the f**king house down!

Biffy Clyro - Not particuarly great when I've seen them, better suited to small venues IMO.

Gogol Bordello - A good laugh.

Billy Talent - Don't know them too well but the crowd lapped them up enough in 2007.

I'll do the rating out of 10 thing.

Arcade Fire - 9

Klaxons - 9

Biffy Clyro - 8

The Gaslight Anthem - 8

Lostprophets - 8

QOTSA - 7

Paramore - 7

Dizzee Rascal - 7

The Cribs - 7

We Are Scientists - 7

LCD Soundsystem - 7

The Futureheads - 6

Pendulum - 6

Gogol Bordello - 6

Delphic - 6

New Young Pony Club - 6

Serj Tankian - 5

Enter Shikari - 4

Guns n Roses - my top all time best gig ever but I had the pleasure to see them back in 92 when they were huge!!! Obviously u have to like them in 1st place but when they play well they really play well will be fantastic end :P

Dizeee - always love seeing him live as crowd just bounces

Pendulum - shit on record awesome live always great atmosphere

Biffy Clyro - have always enjoyed their sets

Band of Horses - still haven't warmed up to these yet as just noisy imo

QOSA - not my cuppa of tea

Crystal castles - that womens is nuts but always good live show

Foals - always worth seeing

Frank Turner - I enjoyed gig in march but thought crowd was scary

Enter Shirkara - noisssseee will be great running up to pendulum

frankie and the heartstrings - er just no

Lostprophets - always love seeing these

Klaxons - sorry don't get these and after witnessing that grace cover its not over was traumed!!!

Mystery jets - ok

The Futureheads - few good tracks but nothing amazing

The Cribs - amazing at an O2 academy

The Maccabees - disappointed with their performance in the NME tent last year =\

Enter Shikari - seen them 5 times, never ever anything short of incredible

Crystal Castles - first saw them in an O2 and they were dreadful, last year in leeds though they won me back, one of my fave performances last year

Paramore - enjoyed thoroughly at the MEN, even though I tend to find arena gigs a bit lacking

Youmeatsix - I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. Yet they were supporting paramore and on before the maccabees last year... I hate them :P

Klaxons - Saw at the Manchester Apollo in 2006/7 was the best gig id ever been to for quite a long time

Foals - lots of improvisation, but nevertheless fun

Wild beasts - supported the Foals when I saw them a couple of years ago, and on thursday at Leeds last year, as magical as the album is

Biffy Clyro - seen 3 times now, its always better with a setlist thats heavy on older songs

Lostprophets - not really a fan, but I was actually impressed by them headlining the tent last year, so I will probably watch them again

Young Guns - saw them supporting TBS, thought they lacked something live, some screaming would help fill out the sound

Lostprophets-Seen them three times, always brilliant when i've seen them

Enter shikari-Didnt know much of there stuff when i saw them, but good anyway

Limp Bizkit-So much fun at sonisphere last year, cant wait for them this year

You me at six-Pretty crap.

Hmmm not that many seen actualy :S

Lost Prophets - Great at the time, and if they play a TFSOP/SS heavy setlist it will go down a storm. They probably won't though and it'll end up being a very meh performance. A fall from grace after headlining Download...

Klaxons - Got dragged along but it was surprisingly good and very very fun, if not the most musically brilliantly performance ever. It's a shame I'll miss them, but it is Blink after all.

The Cribs - Very disappointing. I know some people like them, but they're just not my cup of tea. Not even Johnny Marr can swing it...

Biffy - Vastly overrated imo. Put on a decent enough show, but nothing to justify this ridiculous hype they now seem to be getting from all directions.

Serj Tankian - OK so I'm a little bit biased (System are my favourite band!), but I loved it. Yes it's different etc... but credit to him for giving it a go. But granted that not everyone will like it.

The Futureheads - Saw them ages ago, don't really remember much but they have a few good songs. Perfect early day singalong to get the mainstage going.

Queens of the Stone Age - Saw them in 2008 and thought they were excellent, but I do seem to be in the minority.

Biffy Clyro - Seen them quite a few times at various festivals and they've been pretty good

Lost Prophets - Saw them in 2007, wasn't really impressed but I'm not a fan anyway.

The Big Pink - They supported Pixies recently and I thought they were pretty good actually, will probably be watching them at Reading unless something better turns up.

Arcade Fire - They were one of the best acts in 2007, no doubt in my mind they'll be an excellent headliner.

Dizzee Rascal - Saw him in 2008 and also at Glasto last year, always good fun.

Modest Mouse - Went to see them at Brixton last year and they were excellent.

Serj Tankian - Saw him in 2008 and thought the performance was good but the sound was awful, I imagine the tent will be much better.

Frank Turner - Saw him in 2009 and while I don't think I'd ever buy an album I enjoyed his performance quite alot.