Who on the lineup have you seen before?

Guest SomeDay

Queens of Stoneage - Pretty good live. Not a huge fan, but was good to lissen and have a pint too.

Biffy Clyro - Always amazing live!

Lostprophets - Seen them too many times, I dont like thier new stuff and thier welsh accent annoys me.

NoFX - Seen them twice, at thier gig amazing. At reading festy, did seem to put a half assed effort in.

Gogol Bordello - Amazing live, so much fun. Not a band to miss.

Billy talent - I dont like him, but my friends who seen him with me does - cant complain

Dizzie rascal - Hes okay, worth seeing with no clashes but nothing special.

The cribs - average band, average performance.

Paramore - Pretty good live, not a huge fan of thier newer stuff

Weezer - Immense, cant wait

Thrice - When I saw them (Think it was in Camden a few years back) thier levels were awfull. Going to see them again though.

Pendulum - If your into that kind of stuff thier good. Pretty brutal last time they played with the slipknot fans.

Enter Shakri - Not my thing, didnt think they were much better live than on CD

Crystal Castles - Always go to see these guys when I can at festivals. Good to have a break from the lockup tent and sit down and chill to them.

Frank Turner - Good act.

Foals - Supprised me when I saw them last. Hopefully see them again.

Heh.... listing them all out makes me excited to see some of them again :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Turner - Never seen him out of choice, but when I have he's a good live act

Crystal Castles - very energetic and a good live atmosphere

Enter Shikari - One of the most energetic bands I've seen on-stage

Pendulum - Wouldn't be noticed if they just played a CD, nevertheless very energetic - but it's dnb (debatable I know)

The Maccabees - I didn't enjoy them, not a fan of their music and they're nothing incredible on-stage

Dizzee Rascal - Good fun but nothing special at all

Wild Beasts - very very good live, incredible vocalist

The Big Pink - Very atmospheric band, shoegaze but still enjoyable, grab a beer perhaps

Mumford & Sons - virtually unknown when I saw them, vague memories of them being fairly good live

Arcade Fire- Ace

Dizzee rascal twice, ace first time, average at last leeds appearance

Cribs twice, ace both times

futureheads twice, ok

crystal castles, alright

klaxons, great fun, four times

biffy clyro, not for me but clearly talented

lcd soundsytem, twice, fantastic

delphic, good performance

new young pony club, meh!

QOSTA - Either brilliant or awful.

Biffy Clyro - Used to be good, but too many post Puzzle songs.

Dizzee Rascal - Great in 08 but probably give him a miss this year.

The Gaslight Anthem - Really enjoyed them both years

The Futureheads - Great early band

Enter Shikari - In the tent suits them perfectly

Serj Tankian - Same as above but was rubbish in 08

Thrice - In the lock up I wouldn't miss them for the world, just don't know how the newer songs will do on a large stage.

Dizzee Rascal - Alright, enjoyable enough. I imagine he's much better with his live band.

Pendulum - Horrible but everyone else seemed to be enjoying it.

Enter Shikari - See above.

Crystal Castles - Ace fun.

Serj Tankian - Not great but that was more the fault of the sound on the mainstage than him.

Limp Bizkit - Fratboy nonsense.

QOTSA - Decent.

Biffy Clyro - Great at Download 2004, rubbish at Reading 2008.

A Day To Remember - Rubbish.

Phoenix - Brilliant.

Yeasayer - Brilliant.

Biffy Clyro - V last year - great live, really powerful

Lost Prophets - V08, Reading 07 - Erm well, ok I guess, actually a bit pants!

Arcade Fire - Reading 07 - fantastic sound live

Futureheads- V08 - as someone mentioned before - will get the crowd going, good to jump up and down to

Paramore- Reading 07 - never have a heard such a foul mouth on one so young!

Blink 182 - hope that they're better than Angels & Airwaves disasterous appearance and Reading 3 years ago!

Pendulum - I predict carnage in the pit when they play :P

Pendulum - possibly one of the worst gigs I have ever been too, f**king dreadful. Place was full of either c**ts looking for a fight or girls in high heels destroying your toes. The song choice was not much better, have essentially forgotten their early fans, akin to getting ear cancer and this from someone who liked them before seeing them.

The Cribs - Pretty good, high energy fast and loud.

The Futureheads - Not a big fan but were good fun when I saw them.

Enter Shikari - Average really, not bad but I wouldn't say they blew me away

Crystal Castles - Decent enough live act, see Shikari really.

Klaxons - Pretty shit sound live, but good energy and decent atmosphere made up for it.

LCD Soundsystem - Utterly f**king magnificent, there are no other words for it. Went into this knowing maybe 4 songs? Came out utterly blown away, if you have any doubts about GnR then get on these, they will put on one of the performances of the weekend.

Mumford & Sons - Saw them in Liverpool with about 40 other people, took them an hour to tune up, good sound and was fun, just very very samey after about 25 minutes. Still was decent enough.

Frank Turner - Nice enough mid afternoon relax with a beer.

Biffy Clyro- Seen a few times now- always pretty good, and they put a lot into their performance. Could do with more old stuff in there.

Lostprophets- Dreadful when I saw them, but they didn't have their guitarist, so possibly a bit harsh to judge based on that.

Dizzee Rascal- Saw him years back. Pretty entertaining set, though that was before a lot of his newer stuff which I don't really like.

The Cribs- Not bad at all, went with my brother as he's a massive fan. Would see them again happily, though the crowd was full of c**ts.

Modest Mouse- Brilliant, though I'm a massive fan, and I'm not sure how they'd translate live to a casual fan. Also might get a bit lost on the main stage.

Mystery Jets- Managed to sneak into a local festival they were playing- not bad at all.

The Futureheads- One of those bands I've seen countless times through playing locally/supporting bands/their own shows. Not paticularly innovative, but very good at what they do.

Serj Tankian- Alright. Wouldn't go out of my way to see him again.

Frank Turner- Really enjoyed him last year, and seems like a very nice guy which is always a bonus.

Klaxons- Pretty dreadful live (god their harmony's are bad,) but the crowd enthusiasm will make up for it if you're a fan. Probably not worth seeing if you're not.

We Are Scientists- Pretty good, and their on stage chat's always pretty entertaining.

To be honest, the majority of the bands I'm looking forward to are the ones I haven't seen, because as you can see my reviews aren't the most positive.

Biffy Clyro - Suprising average :/

The Big Pink - Meh, way too many strobes for such slow drizzle

Two door cinema club - Brilliant, if you like em

Dizzee Rascal - Absolutely hilarious, but yeah brilliant

Pendulum - Need I say?

Crystal Castles - f**king awful

Foals - f**king amazing, but i wanna see what the crowds will be like for their new mellow stuff

So yeah, got lots of new bands to watch on the line up this year! :P

Arcade Fire - Was sat down, at the back of an arena, with my parents. And it still ranks as one of my best gigs ever, they were incredible, lots of energy.

Dizzee Rascal - First time was at Leeds '08, where I didn't think much of him at all, but he was ace at Glasto '09. Although I've a feeling this might've had something to do with where I was, was quite a way back at Leeds, and right down the front at Glastonbury. His presence and crowd working has improved loads, would recommend.

The Cribs - Bit shambolic live, but in a good way. Check them out if you like them, really.

The Maccabees - They're alright, seen them a few times due to circumstances (free tickets, taking the missus etc.), despite never being a big fan. But they're a nice live act, bit of a chillout. Shouldn't be allowed in the same spot as Limp Bizkit, though, that's terrible.

The Gaslight Anthem - Brilliant live band, lots of energy and you can tell they love what they do, they always seem amazed by the reception they get as well. New album's fantastic and they've got a big sound that won't get lost on main stage. Can easily see them headlining some festivals (maybe not this size) after album number 4.

Enter Shikari - Weren't that good second stage at Glasto, they replaced a lot of the keyboard riffs with trumpets, don't know if they still do this. Would give them another chance, though.

Crystal Castles - Very, erm... different. Can't really comment past that tbh.

Frank Turner - :P

We Are Scientists - Pretty good, fun live act. Very good as an alternative to Paramore.

Queens of the Stoneage - As everyone else is saying - were disappointing last time at Leeds. But they've got a reputation as an ace live act, so am going to give them the benefit of the doubt as far as that goes.

Biffy Clyro - Were very good, could do with shaking up their setlists a little though. Another band I can see headlining festivals pretty soon.

Lostprophets - Good fun live, despite being a ****, Ian Watkins certainly has the presence. Again, just need more early stuff in their sets!

Gogol Bordello - Ace, Eugene Hutz is mental. Love it.

Mumford & Sons - Rubbish. But then, I don't like their stuff all that much anyway.

Lostprophets - Saw them at V08 their guitarist was hospitalised and they just didnt really seem to care. One of the biggest disappointments.

Mumford & Sons - Supporting Maccabees they were fantastic despite not knowing any of their stuff, also saw them at NYE this year was a real party, shame they clash with QOTSA but they will be brilliant again.

Delphic - Boring, but i like the album. Was just very underwhelmed and they try too hard live by playing song through the next song, no banter = no good.

The Big Pink - Supported MUSE, great album but just very samey, may go if nothing better is on.

The Maccabees - Not that great at Reading last year but very good the time i saw them before.

Enter Shikari - Just before album number 2, they were pretty solid live. Enjoyed them.

Foals - Too many indie kids, just horrible, it was a Bloc Party gig though. However Total Life Forever promises much so far. Should be good I think.

I only have a friday ticket because the rest of the days were "meh" to me bar Pendulum and Limp Bizkit.

I have seen :

Guns N Roses - Wembley, 2006. Axl's voice was outstanding and they played all the songs the casual fan would expect. Best gig i've ever been to. As it's always been said when you see Guns N' Roses, you will either see the best performance you will ever see or something happens like a little shit throwing something (Which I am on the bands side for this, If someone came into your office and threw a sandwich in your face what would you do?). Either way you come away from the show talking.

Limp Bizkit - Rock Am Ring, 2009. They were headlining the last night of the festival and with the 'old band back together' I was really excited to see them, my first ever favourite band. Durst's voice wasn't as it was, seemingly struggling with the occasional scream in some of the heavier songs like 'Eat you alive' but the band we're outstanding and any doubts you had about Fred was dismissed when you hear the start of 'My Generation'. Definatly worth seeing

Billy Talent - Rock Am Ring, 2009. They sub headed the Sunday behind Limp Bizkit and I didn't know much of their stuff, "Red flag" was the only track I knew any lyrics of but if your unsure of them after the first few tracks I'd recomend staying with them till the end of the set because they win you over and I've become a big fan since seeing them their. Tracks to listen to - Red Flag, Rusted from the rain, Devil on my shoulder and Living in the shadows.

Biffy Clyro - XFM live session, 09/10 ? If you get passed the commercial success of 'Mountains' and 'The Captain' lies a rock band, believe me. I thought they were brilliant in such a small venue somewhere in London and of course they're reasonably well known now so the crowd will be packed for this set. Track - There's no such thing as a jagged snake.

Mumford & Sons - XFM live session, 2010. I quite dug their sound when I first heard them on the radio, loved the banjo and everything but I must say I got bored during the set and if you want a band to get you going.. Don't see these, very slow with not much happening.

Big Pink - XFM Winter Wonderland, 2009. Very Meh, bar 'Dominoes' which had huge success and that song will be a huge hit at a festival they don't have much else to get you excited, If you wanna go for a sing along to that song by all means go to see them, I would say I was disappointed but I didn't expect anything of them. Note: Heavier than you would think.

Phoniex - Rock AM Ring, 2009. Was low down on the second stage and was pleasantly suprised with them. Only saw them because I was waiting for Madness!, When I saw them they didn't have much out and they were a good solid band, I'd recomend them if there is nothing else you want to see.

You Me At Six (embarrased face here .. I had a free ticket) Brixton, 2010. Shit, Bland, little scene girls rock.

The Cribs - 10 (seen them somewhere between 25 and 30 times, so much energy live)

Arcade Fire - 9

LCD Soundsystem - 9

Wild Beasts - 9 (They get better every time)

The Libertines - 8 (Saw them twice, neither time with Pete)

Klaxons - 8 (Again, loads of energy)

Modest Mouse - 7 (Somehow lacked a bit of something live but still good)

The Futureheads - 6

Yeasayer - 6 (Really like them but they just can't recreate the new album properly live)

We Are Scientists - 5

The Maccabees - 4 (an average band in every way)

Blink-182 - 3 (I like them but they're terrible live)

QOTSA - 3 (Like them but unfortunately saw them at Leeds 2 years back when most people agree they were bad)

Biffy Clyro (Back in 2003/4, can't remember much)

The Big Pink - 2 (I left after about 3 songs, this was at their actual gig, slightly better the 2nd time I saw them)

Dizzee Rascal - 2 (quite like him but bloody awful live)

The Drums - 1 (Why are they popular?)

Gogol Bordello - 0 (Shit)

Edited by Bradders

Dizzee Rascal - Seen him at JJB tent at V in 07 probably in the top 2 acts of the weekend

Biffy Clyro - Looked to just labour their way through the set and get off stage

The Futureheads - Looked out of place on mainstage but always worth a watch for the hits

I only have a friday ticket because the rest of the days were "meh" to me bar Pendulum and Limp Bizkit.

I have seen :

Guns N Roses - Wembley, 2006. Axl's voice was outstanding and they played all the songs the casual fan would expect. Best gig i've ever been to. As it's always been said when you see Guns N' Roses, you will either see the best performance you will ever see or something happens like a little shit throwing something (Which I am on the bands side for this, If someone came into your office and threw a sandwich in your face what would you do?). Either way you come away from the show talking.

Phoniex - Rock AM Ring, 2009. Was low down on the second stage and was pleasantly suprised with them. Only saw them because I was waiting for Madness!, When I saw them they didn't have much out and they were a good solid band, I'd recomend them if there is nothing else you want to see.