Resale

Guest chestwig

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic thread scares me a little bit. As much as I think the reaction by Glastonbury (if it is authentic) is a little bit extreme, I certainly would not consider copying Kevin's post to 'test the water'....

I will give someone a cold can of Cider on the Wednesday afternoon in the sun if they go onto the same facebook page and recreate Kevin's post....Any takers? Didn't think so...

If this really happened then I sort of respect Glasto for taking the matter so seriously and showing strength. The festival itself, as a business holds great international prowess. It was a horrible message to write and clearly an incitement to those who couldn't get tickets.

Common sense prevails!

a comment on the glastonbury facebook status said that i had bought 26 tickets and 6 were going on ebay, this was to wind up somebody who was having trouble getting tickets, i then got a phone call saying my 2 tickets had been cancelled (mine and my friends) because i had intent to sell even tho that said that they knew i didnt have 26 tickets and that its impossible to sell them on ebay. since then my friend has got his ticket back but they refuse to give me mine back, i spoke to a person at glastonbury named rob who is responsible for cancelling the ticket, i apologised and was then told that i was an idiot and for me to stop 'weaseling' down the phone to him, he then hung up stating that i was an idiot and he didnt care about my situation
Edited by Bugle

2 things,

1/ If you have already bought tickets then cancelled them, your registration number may still be showing as used, this happened to me in 2008, probably best to register again.

2/ Nothing wrong with being 30 or even the other side of it!!! Us Oldies arent the ones laying face down in the fields at Glasto because we cant handle our booze :P

I meant no offense, I just put the 'Argh' as its scary to think about myself in 10 years time. Im enjoying being 18 I dont know where I'll be when Im nearly twenty-ten/30. This whole growing up business scares me a little, although I also look forward to it. I cant wait to finish Uni and get a real job, if there are any left.

As for the partying me under the table Im not so sure my friend as a ex-stimulant and opiate addict Im not so sure, I know/knew how to party. Although my body did seem to age quite alot in that year and half years so perhaps Im just burnt out now and unable to party properly.

Anyway yeah growing up should be ok now everything is back on track and looking good.

I want tickets tickets tickets tickets!

You bunch of wet blankets.

First, nobody can buy 26 tickets. Secondly, there is no way that one can resell a ticket to anyone else. Third, it was a joke. Fourth, and possibly the worst aspect, one of his mates has grassed him up.

Yep, absolutely humourless me! :P

Joke?!? Posting a message gloating about how many tickets you have (whether or not its possible to even have that many tickets is irrelevant) ON THE OFFICAL GLASTONBURY FACEBOOK PAGE whilst dozens of people are in there having spent the previous couple of hours hammering F5 with no luck really isn't my idea of humour. Having the tickets taken off him I would consider really harsh had it just been his own status that was changed so only his immediate mates could see it - but that wasn't the case. It wasn't his mates grassing him up that got his tickets removed - it was where the bloody message was posted!!

The guy later went on to say that it was one of his 'mates' :P using his facebook account that wrote the message anyway. If this is indeed true, then yep, its a shame he had his ticket cancelled. If it was him who wrote the message then i'm sorry - he deserved all he got for being a smug twat

One more ticket coming free by the end of the week :P

Once I get the confirmation email for the festy job I have (should arrive by Monday), I will be getting a refund on my G ticket.

So at least one extra person might still get to go to the ball.

Hi there to all, just had a look at the Glastonbury official page and it might be interesting for you to know that 7th May is the last day to rethink about using your ticket. This might be a small indication of further sales. Always a great idea to keep a look out for those desperate cases

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news...e-day-is-friday