Resale

Guest chestwig

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also why should i care what you think, i accept i might not be getting a ticket. i didnt come on here trying to get my ticket back, obviously as this is the wrong site in which to do that. basically came on here to find out if i was the only person that thought glastonbury festivals had over reacted

Glastonbury Festival takes their whole ticketing policy and touting stance very seriously. I am sure it costs them a lot of money to get tickets printed with pictures on.

Although I think they have made an example of the situation, I also think they have every right to do this to protect their policies and stance.

Being seen to be weak on possible touting scenarios would be very hypocritical and so I dont think they have over-reacted at all

also why should i care what you think, i accept i might not be getting a ticket. i didnt come on here trying to get my ticket back, obviously as this is the wrong site in which to do that. basically came on here to find out if i was the only person that thought glastonbury festivals had over reacted

i dont see the difference whether it was me or my friend that posted the joke, it was obviously a joke that the person at glastonbury festivals admitted to knowing it was a joke. i understand why they did what they did but after,

my friend who is registered with glastonbury admitted to it.

glastonbury saying there is proof i didnt have 26 tickets.

then admitting that its impossible to sell ticket on ebay.

and then giving me back one of the tickets that they said i had the intent to sell.

and with them not being able to show proof of me trying to sell the ticket

i still feel like its an overreaction

iv got my money back now anyway minus booking fee, which will prob be going towards a holiday during the last weekend of june.

i dont see the difference whether it was me or my friend that posted the joke, it was obviously a joke that the person at glastonbury festivals admitted to knowing it was a joke. i understand why they did what they did but after,

my friend who is registered with glastonbury admitted to it.

glastonbury saying there is proof i didnt have 26 tickets.

then admitting that its impossible to sell ticket on ebay.

and then giving me back one of the tickets that they said i had the intent to sell.

and with them not being able to show proof of me trying to sell the ticket

i still feel like its an overreaction

iv got my money back now anyway minus booking fee, which will prob be going towards a holiday during the last weekend of june.

a comment on the glastonbury facebook status said that i had bought 26 tickets and 6 were going on ebay, this was to wind up somebody who was having trouble getting tickets, i then got a phone call saying my 2 tickets had been cancelled (mine and my friends) because i had intent to sell even tho that said that they knew i didnt have 26 tickets and that its impossible to sell them on ebay. since then my friend has got his ticket back but they refuse to give me mine back, i spoke to a person at glastonbury named rob who is responsible for cancelling the ticket, i apologised and was then told that i was an idiot and for me to stop 'weaseling' down the phone to him, he then hung up stating that i was an idiot and he didnt care about my situation
Edited by mikeb

Probably not going to be the popular view (no doubt understatement of the week :P) but here goes anyway ... my 2p's worth and all that:

Hmmmmm, wonders if that would perhaps be the very same "Robert" who quite intentionally acted in a clandestine and 100% totally unprofessional manner in another ticket-related matter that ended in a not dissimilar way to this one - at least initially, anyway :P A ticket-related matter that was widely discussed on eFests at the time but then all traces of the discussion mysteriously disappeared completely shortly afterwards it has to be said. A ticket-related matter that despite the intentionally clandestine and 100% totally unprofessional manner in which all attempts at communication with a certain ticket holder were made, was fully expected by "Robert" to result in the recipient of said clandestine and unprofessional communications taking them seriously, believing it was all totally above-board and entering into further discussion (potentially involving disclosure of personal information) with the totally unknown and seemingly random individual sending unsolicited, totally untraceable, 100% unofficial and/or "off-the-record" communications to them despite any possible 'claims' being made to the contrary ?

Taking what's been said here entirely at face value and obviously not knowing the other side of the story, it sounds very much to me like someone was being way more than a bit silly and someone was being a complete c*ck. Suffice it to say that I would suggest that posting inflammatory cr@p on any message board in public is perhaps more than a bit silly even if it was an alleged joke :lol:

For avoidance of any doubt, I hate touts with a vengeance so if there was even the merest hint of any truth in what was allegedly posted as a joke then you got exactly what you deserved I'm afraid. However, if it was clear to all that it was a joke (albeit one in *VERY* poor taste :P ) and there was absolutely no evidence whatsoever to indicate otherwise then I would suggest that you got a bit of a raw deal as a result of your (and/or a friend's) gross stupidity. In addition, if there is indeed any connection between this incident and the other incident referred to above (in terms of the personnel involved if nothing else) then I think that I perhaps need to seriously reconsider my previous and very long-standing unquestionable support for the Company involved :lol: There's a 'right' and a 'wrong' way to conduct business and all that and it should without doubt always be conducted in an above-board and entirely professional manner IMHO ... and ESPECIALLY so if you happen to hold a senior position within the Company.

:P probably not a bad thing mind you although anyone who can guess what I'm on about in respect of the "other incident" might possibly understand my rambling ! Can't really say what I want to say and all that because it would almost certainly cause probs.

Bottom line: If what kieran55555 has said is entirely factually correct [##] then whilst I don't condone what he or his friend did (even if it genuinely was intended to be a 'joke' at the time) I most certainly can't condone the actions that were taken against him or the way things were allegedly handled in general. There's no excuse for apparently dealing with whatever did happen in an unprofessional manner no matter what the circumstances. The account given indicates unprofessional actions and unprofessional conduct. It would appear to be heavy-handed at the very least. A previous unrelated incident but with a similar outcome initially was also handled in a totally unprofessional manner right from the start. It may well be coincidence of course but it would appear possible that the same person was involved in cancelling legitimately paid-for tickets in both cases despite what appears to be little (if any) real justification and/or any evidence of breach of contract or even any evidence of the ability to do so in the future. No doubt the Ts&Cs allow for "refusing entry for reasons various" and cancelling a ticket is precisely that I guess but ...

Maybe those peeps who have offered (or may well offer) spare CV or parking tix at face value or less to others on here who are looking for one will also find that they're subsequently tracked down and will have all their tix cancelled because they actually ARE attempting to transfer tix rather than apparently just making stupid and not-very-funny jokes about doing so ! Only kidding of course ... I hope :P

[##] I've no particular reason to believe it isn't so am taking his account at face value but I am quite obviously well aware that it's only one side of the story and all that and maybe not the whole of one side of the story either. However, I shall be bl**dy annoyed if the account given is somewhat less than entirely honest !

I doubt a resale will happen. If it does there won't be many going at all. Plus they have made such a big deal about it being completely sold out to turn around and say "actually we have five tickets left" would look weird....

Although we all know there is at least one ticket available now!

For the record, you deserved to get your ticket cancelled. Your mates comment was not funny and designed purely to upset people who were already disappointed and probably very upset at not getting a ticket. Nearly half a million people registered so about 70% are not going to Glastonbury this year. That is a lot of annoyed people.

Hell, even taken as a joke its not funny. It wasn't even a joke! Has anyone on here said it was funny? Has anyone on this board actually laughed at it? If it was genuinely funny you might have a point.