Recommend A Cider

Guest NeilVJ

Hi All, In the lead up I thought I'd be the one to start a mass cider thread for us cider lovers.

I'll start it with the daddy of all by recommeding Brothers Festival Strength Pear Cider. I doubt there will many who have been to Glasto and haven't had a few too many of these. Goes down far too easy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glastonbury Cider Bus Cider...Burrowhill...Hot & Spicy...yeah daddio!

Brothers is for amateurs and Kopparberg lovers :P

Oh...and when you clicky...you can head off to purchase some for your own :P

In no particular order though...if you want proper cider...aka NOT fizzy and comes out of a barrel and within a pint or two has you running for the nearest porcelain bowl with self imposed IBS due to high yet very tasty levels of fruit acids...

Hecks - Bramley Apple and Honey - THE greatest cider on the planet 7%

Hecks - Single Varietal Perry and Single Varietal Cider...warning, take with a dose of Imodium! :P

Gwynt Yr Draig - Firey Fox (tasted my first on Saturday, one of the finest tasting ciders in the world imo)

Co-op(!) Tillington Cider - 6.6 % 75cl sold in glass bottles...VERY tasty and just very very slightly fizzy...buggers you sideways

Broad Oak Perry

Addlestones - alcoholic apple juice, available in good pubs and very dangerous!

Old Bristolian - caramel flavoured apple juice and even MORE dangerous than Addlestones and 8.4%

Thorogoods Scrumpy...only available in Australia, served and sold as table wine as it is 13% !!!

If you live in the South East of the UK you can visit the National Cider and Perry Centre at Middle Farm, near Lewes and taste over 50 of the finest pressed ciders available in this country for free! :P

Go and get an education and keep off the Brothers and stear very very clear of anything that is 4.5% or less and clearly has added sugars! :P

koppaberg_bottle_cider.jpg

'Nuff said.

Close the thread now. :P

So much like every other fizzy cider you buy in pubs then?

Cider...the proper stuff, should generally be non fizzy, f**k you royally within say...a pint...pressed with a press and made from apples harvested from the orchard round the back of the barn where the pressings happen.

Massed produced flourescent orange/yellow diluted, nothing freshly pressed about it, fizzy stuff pumped out of a pipe from a metal barrel in the basement of your local...might say cider on the label...but its not ZOIDER! :P

The Wurzels are not singing about the wonders of Dry Blackthorn/Strongbow/Magners/Bulmers are they? :P

If you dont get Glastoenteritis after a pint...its not worth drinking!

If you dont get Glastoenteritis after a pint...its not worth drinking!

Kopparberg tastes like a liquidised bag of penny mix sweets that has just passed through the digestive system of a diarretic camel before being deposited on the sleeve of a Simply Red album.