Recommend A Cider

Guest NeilVJ

Fixed for you.

The name 'Biddendens' rings a bell too. Cider heads - is this a good one? I'm sure my mum has mentioned it a few times.

Edited by LusciousLucy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brothers and kopparberg are shite to be honest...

i would take 10 litres of old rosey by westons :P now that be a proper cider

cant drink kopparberg find it too sweet. bizzarly love brother toffee apple but again only 2 then its to sweet. as the sun was out on friday i finished work early went to the pub and managed to squeeze 5 pints of strongbow in in 2 1/2 hours so right now im with the strongbow. my opinion on cider will fluctuate wildly between now and september.

just remembered i quite like aspalls too

EVIL stuff. Buggers you sideways doesnt it? :P

I'd like to add Weston's Organic in there as well. Which comes in a 3ltr box (like the wine) and 1% stronger than the bottled stuff! A box of that sorts me out good and proper!

I've got a bottle of Thatchers that I might have to crack open :P

I'll be stocking up on the Westons Organic from my local Tosco tomorrow... £4.98 for 3 litres at the moment :P (thanks for the tip Lucy :P )

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price..._campaign=94852

Looks like if you order online you get a further 20% discount too...HOME DELIVERY!!! Stock up for Glastonbury! Its not as if its going to go off now is it??? :P

I personally find it doesnt unfortunately...well only after you open it actually so erm...I would still only say maybe purchase no more than 2 weeks absolute tops if pre-ordering for later usage :P It certainly doesnt even last 2 days when I buy it from the barrel and decanted into a 2 pint pot at the Cider Centre at Middle Farm. Damn those fruity gasses!

Last year for Glasto I had my 12 litres delivered to me the day before I left for to Avebury for the weekend before the fest. It stayed with my chum who drove it to site on the Wednesday. I took one keg to the bus on the Wednesday and the final keg was fine when we opened it up on the Sunday. It was ALL finished by teatime on the Sunday evening. Bought cos I couldnt afford the Bus fares :P At £4 a pint or £6.10 for 4 litres...go figure!

Wtherspoons down here does marckle (sp?) hill which is bloody nice too :P

Thatcher's Katy is my current favourite, 7.4% and so very easy to drink! Will have to make a visit to this cider farm since I live so near but I can only get the bus to Lewes...

I'd love to have a cider orchard with a cider press one day, I can dream...

Edited by Nyika

Thatcher's Katy is my current favourite, 7.4% and so very easy to drink! Will have to make a visit to this cider farm since I live so near but I can only get the bus to Lewes...

I'd love to have a cider orchard with a cider press one day, I can dream...

Edited by LusciousLucy

Well, I like Kopparberg anyway, partly because I have a helluva sweet tooth and partly because it's made pretty near to where my Swedish relatives are from, so got a bit of a hometown connection thang going on. When i'm drinking cider I don't tend to stick to one particular brand, so i'll quite often switch between Bulmers, Magners, Strongbow, Aspalls, Kopparberg and whatever else is available (WKD Core is pretty nice as well). I only turned 18 in December, so not (legally) had the pleasure of the cider bus or many of the bars at Glasto, so I shall be widening my horizons this year, no doubt.

However, any self-respecting gentleman should consume at least two bottles of ice cold Kopparberg on any day when the sun is relatively visible, and i'd say that Glastonbury falls well within that category..

Well, I like Kopparberg anyway, partly because I have a helluva sweet tooth and partly because it's made pretty near to where my Swedish relatives are from, so got a bit of a hometown connection thang going on. When i'm drinking cider I don't tend to stick to one particular brand, so i'll quite often switch between Bulmers, Magners, Strongbow, Aspalls, Kopparberg and whatever else is available (WKD Core is pretty nice as well). I only turned 18 in December, so not (legally) had the pleasure of the cider bus or many of the bars at Glasto, so I shall be widening my horizons this year, no doubt.

However, any self-respecting gentleman should consume at least two bottles of ice cold Kopparberg on any day when the sun is relatively visible, and i'd say that Glastonbury falls well within that category..