Doherty Acting Up In Press Conference

Guest k1n60fthew0rld

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a21194...itting-row.html

"Ian Wright expressed outrage on Live From Studio Five last night after The Libertines spat beer over show reporter Minnie Stephenson.

Stephenson was interviewing the band on location at The Boogalo pub in North London, where they had earlier held a press conference to discuss their reunion plans.

As the chat began, frontman Carl Barat was seen commenting on an earlier incident which had apparently involved his bandmate Gary Powell.

He told Stephenson: "I have to apologise as our drummer just spat beer over your back."

Viewers then watched as singer Pete Doherty approached Stephenson from behind and spat beer which appeared to land in her hair, prompting her to say: "There it is again. Wow, look at that - I've just been splashed with beer again. It's so rock 'n' roll, guys."

When the show returned to the studio, host Wright was visibly angry and blasted: "You know what, Pete Doherty does my head in. I hate that geezer. He's spitting on her back. What a complete mug he is. What a fool. I hate that guy."

Meanwhile, messages from viewers on Live From Studio Five's Facebook page have branded Doherty "an absolute disgrace" and "a vile human being" over the incident."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERYONE KNOWS ITS WRONG! But what do you expect with Pete. He's a complete twat and does stupid things like this, but you've got to see the funny side in a way and not be such miserable durks.

Edited by Swellx

A legend is only a legend in the eyes of one self. So what the f**k makes your perceptions better than anyones else? It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't then name yours and then believe they are some kind of modern fact.

And he is a tit.

Probably, shooting up a vile of crack in the toilets and whilst being told it's ok as he's a tortured soul or "legend".

yep, then he followed that by shooting up some weed. :P

If you're going to talk about drugs, perhaps it'd help to have the first idea of what you're on about? :P

Edited by eFestivals

Does it actually matter? I pride myself on knowing f**k all about drugs mate, there's no need to belittle the poster on the basis that they don't.

They're right though, Doherty is a junkie. And worst thing is, as much as I hate him, I hope he doesn't die from it, because he'll just end up becoming "legendary" (hur hur hur) for "dying too young".

There are so many more talented musicians out there who are more deserving of the attention that this pr**k gets on a daily basis, purely because he's out of his face most of the time.

Sorry about calling it vile of crack as I always refer to it like that as it sounds horrid and takes away the romance.

It goes get injected, it's get heated in a spoon with a bit of soda/vinegear and sucked through the needle. I'd find a link but not a chance in hell I'm looking drug use on a work computer.

Not crack.

It'd solidify in your veins (which is why it stands a good chance of killing anyone who is stupid enough to do it), and you'd get no hit from it anyway as crack oil doesn't dissolve into blood.

Cocaine can be injected, but that's a completely different chemical substance (and one that's soluble, unlike crack). The chemical make-up is changed when cocaine is turned into crack via the addition of another chemical agent (such as bicarb or ammonia).

The needle you're thinking of is either for use with heroin when dissolved in water in a spoon, or for crack use some people sometimes draw off the water&slush with a needle and leave the crack in the spoon - crack is non-soluble in water, and the water and crack are separate things. Think of oil with water - you can't combine them, they separate themselves from each other.

It's kind of funny how this forum is full of people slagging off Axl Rose and saying how he's a prize prick, then going on to say how great Pete Doherty and The Libertines are.

Carl should have sacked the reunion off, I would have.