Doherty Acting Up In Press Conference

Guest k1n60fthew0rld

Well it is true.

This isn't opinion. The facts are in plain vision on a daily basis in the papers for everyone to see, and they have been for the last few years.

The media scandal is the only thing that has kept Doherty in the spotlight. Without drugs, Kate Moss, and whatever else he's wasting his life on every year, the majority of people wouldn't even know who he is.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they would! Pete, in bands or solo has had 16 releases that have charted in the top 20. His music isn't exactly unknown, just look at The Libertines reunion.

And it isn't fact, it's your opinion. The amount of people that have said they're buying day tickets for Reading because of The Libertines shows that people are actually interested in his music and know who he is as a musician as Stylishkids very rightly and truely said.

Fact is, there are a LOT of Libertines fans out there, myself included. And i'm pretty sure I can speak for the majority of them when I say we won't go to their gigs to say "Oh look, there's a junkie on the stage", we go to hear them play their music. Pete Doherty is portrayed as a tosser and a junkie in the media, and while I don't know him personally, it's most probably is true. On that basis he might not deserve this big pay day, but as people Axl Rose and Tom DeLonge might not either, but they'll get it, because they have a talent and people want to see them perform. Fans know it and the organizers know it.

Edited by gabsdilalio

There are people more deserving of 1.5 million than the lead singers of blink 182, arcade fire and guns n roses as well. You could add all the recent headliners to the list as well. However its all down to market value, reading and leeds is a commerical festival and libertines are a big draw to the festival.

Fact is, there are a LOT of Libertines fans out there, myself included. And i'm pretty sure I can speak for the majority of them when I say we won't go to their gigs to say "Oh look, there's a junkie on the stage", we go to hear them play their music. Pete Doherty is portrayed as a tosser and a junkie in the media, and while I don't know him personally, it's most probably is true. On that basis he might not deserve this big pay day, but as people Axl Rose and Tom DeLonge might not either, but they'll get it, because they have a talent and people want to see them perform. Fans know it and the organizers know it.

Yeah its a very big draw but to pay £180 for a weekend ticket, you're not going to fork it out for one band to play an hour set. The negative reaction that the line up has drawn in some quarters will have had an effect on paying for the weekend or one day. Theres a very good chance Libs fans music tastes won't clash with the other 2 days so theres no point with a weekend ticket if you think the rest of the line up is poor.

The only day out of the 3 to sell out at any site is the Libs day at Reading. I'd expect the first to sell out at Leeds to be the Libs day. You've got to understand that they were only announced on Monday and Libertines fans will struggle to get the money together at a short time to pay it. Their fans will mainly fall into the 16-24 category I reckon and that age bracket will struggle to get £85 or £180 for a weekend ticket at short notice just for them. They are the biggest draw for the fest.

They're spending that much money just to see an uber-hyped up band?! Couldn't they wait and see them on their "Doin' It Just For The Moolah" UK tour?!

Holy b'jesus, I'm in the wrong career. :P

And why don't any of your aforementioned friends/people post on here? :P

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime