'Blur:No Distance Left to Run' on tv

Guest LawskiHoopza

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

Think Tank is a wonderful, wonderful album!

One of the best gigs I ever saw was Blur on the TT tour in Dublin.........

Have you ever listened to it really, really baked?..............do.............its even more brilliant!

Out of Time...........sublime

On the Way to the Club........excellent

We've Got a File on You......raw brilliance!

Jets..........I mean just listen to it! Especially when binned! WoW!

Sweet Song.......well one does not have a soul if they dont get tingles with every listen. I nearly cry every time!...............Sweet!

I could go on but I got to get back to work

Dust off that MP3, role a fat one, spark up and hit play!................believe me............this album has legs you dont know about!

It is amusing me greatly to see all the Prodigy goers STILL trying to justify their horrific decision.

"but...but...but I've seen Blur before!"

"but....but.....but Prodigy was really loud!"

Please keep it coming! I nearly just laughed up a lung.

Just admit you missed one of the greatest Glastonbury sets of all time and we can put this whole sorry saga behind us.

You know that nagging, tight feeling all you prodigy goers have in your stomach? That feeling of slight nausea that wont go away? That's called regret. And do you know what? You will have to live with it for the rest of your lives.

You will never quite understand what we are talking about if you werent there. We can all talk about it for years (and I assure you we will be) and you will forever be on the outside, pressing your noses against the cold glass trying to get a look in.

Well I'm sorry, but this was a true moment of magic. Everything just fell into place. Such a very very very rare event and it was a true priviledge to experience it. Unforgettable.

And you missed it.

Still, I hope you all enjoyed Smacking your bitches up, or whatever it is you did during that stale prodigy set that was exactly the same as all their other gigs.

It is amusing me greatly to see all the Prodigy goers STILL trying to justify their horrific decision.

"but...but...but I've seen Blur before!"

"but....but.....but Prodigy was really loud!"

Please keep it coming! I nearly just laughed up a lung.

Just admit you missed one of the greatest Glastonbury sets of all time and we can put this whole sorry saga behind us.

You know that nagging, tight feeling all you prodigy goers have in your stomach? That feeling of slight nausea that wont go away? That's called regret. And do you know what? You will have to live with it for the rest of your lives.

You will never quite understand what we are talking about if you werent there. We can all talk about it for years (and I assure you we will be) and you will forever be on the outside, pressing your noses against the cold glass trying to get a look in.

Well I'm sorry, but this was a true moment of magic. Everything just fell into place. Such a very very very rare event and it was a true priviledge to experience it. Unforgettable.

And you missed it.

Still, I hope you all enjoyed Smacking your bitches up, or whatever it is you did during that stale prodigy set that was exactly the same as all their other gigs.

Because i had tickets to Blur at Hyde Park (the first date released), i missed them at Glaso and saw Prodigy on Other stage (who played a blinding set) but watching the Glasto Blur set, i get a pang of regret at not seeing them, they were amazing at Hyde Park though!!!

Simmilar thing happened in 2007 when i saw Arctic Monkeys over Bjork, i regret that one definately!

Didn't see Blur because I never liked them - just listened to Drum and Bass mainly during that era. Seen Prodigy before, so I made the REALLY bad decision ..... going to see The Black Eyed Peas at Jazz World. God that was bad. Left after Will.I.Am shouts "Make some noise London!!" Bigger crowd than you might think though. Couple of stiff JDs and on to Arcadia at that point.

Didn't see Blur because I never liked them - just listened to Drum and Bass mainly during that era. Seen Prodigy before, so I made the REALLY bad decision ..... going to see The Black Eyed Peas at Jazz World. God that was bad. Left after Will.I.Am shouts "Make some noise London!!" Bigger crowd than you might think though. Couple of stiff JDs and on to Arcadia at that point.

but, they couldnt even play anything 'new', its not like catching em at the T&C or Reading in 91, when it was vital and important. or mile end in 95, when they were the best band in the world

What's the point of going to see Stevie Wonder on that argument??

Sorry but no no no. It was different class - even Damon said it was the best gig he's ever done.

Because i had tickets to Blur at Hyde Park (the first date released), i missed them at Glaso and saw Prodigy on Other stage (who played a blinding set) but watching the Glasto Blur set, i get a pang of regret at not seeing them, they were amazing at Hyde Park though!!!

Simmilar thing happened in 2007 when i saw Arctic Monkeys over Bjork, i regret that one definately!

but, they couldnt even play anything 'new', its not like catching em at the T&C or Reading in 91, when it was vital and important. or mile end in 95, when they were the best band in the world

What's the point of going to see Stevie Wonder on that argument??

Sorry but no no no. It was different class - even Damon said it was the best gig he's ever done.

Unless you were actually at the Blur gig you will never even get so much as an inkling as to what we are talking about. Unless you were actually there, what happened in that field is so far beyond your comprehension that I can assure you it is not worth even trying to fathom.

I saw Blur at their peak in the 90s. I also saw them on the Pyramid stage at glastonbury in 2009 and the 2 gigs were incomparable.

You people missed a gig that will be talked about for decades.

And all for a gig that will be repeated, and most likely surpassed, this year at bestival.

I imagine you are all feeling rather queasy at this thought. And rightly so. Please allow me to direct you to the nearest lavatories.

Just to reiterate, Blur were O U T S T A N D I N G. And the atmosphere? The atmosphere was almost supernatural in its intensity.

Now, tell me more about that Prodigy gig. I hear the sound was very quiet that night?

Unless you were actually at the Blur gig you will never even get so much as an inkling as to what we are talking about. Unless you were actually there, what happened in that field is so far beyond your comprehension that I can assure you it is not worth even trying to fathom.

I saw Blur at their peak in the 90s. I also saw them on the Pyramid stage at glastonbury in 2009 and the 2 gigs were incomparable.

And all for a gig that will be repeated, and most likely surpassed, this year at bestival.

I imagine you are all feeling rather queasy at this thought. And rightly so. Please allow me to direct you to the nearest lavatories.

Just to reiterate, Blur were O U T S T A N D I N G. And the atmosphere? The atmosphere was almost supernatural in its intensity.

Now, tell me more about that Prodigy gig. I hear the sound was very quiet that night?

Aside from Russy being a prick as usual :P,

Great film!, just watched it and I feel I have learnt alot about the band, granted I wasn't that big a blur fan before I saw them at T(They was before I got into music, I always felt them to be a bit dickishy so never really seriously checked them out, obviously I knew the big hits ), but I found it super intresting, was really well made.

Just watching the glastonbury set now, and ok yeah its not the same as being there but it seems bit like the other blur gigs, I know I will be shot down for that, but it meant a lot to people who were at Hyde Park and T, especially at T with Graham becoming ill and having the thought of Snow patrol being the last band of the weekend! But they arrived. It was the best atmosphere I have ever had at gig when tender was started at T, that was for sure a special run of gigs and so I can understand anyone who chose to go see prodigy when they was seeing Blur at Hyde Park a few days latter.

Aside from Russy being a prick as usual :P,

Great film!, just watched it and I feel I have learnt alot about the band, granted I wasn't that big a blur fan before I saw them at T(They was before I got into music, I always felt them to be a bit dickishy so never really seriously checked them out, obviously I knew the big hits ), but I found it super intresting, was really well made.

Just watching the glastonbury set now, and ok yeah its not the same as being there but it seems bit like the other blur gigs, I know I will be shot down for that, but it meant a lot to people who were at Hyde Park and T, especially at T with Graham becoming ill and having the thought of Snow patrol being the last band of the weekend! But they arrived. It was the best atmosphere I have ever had at gig when tender was started at T, that was for sure a special run of gigs and so I can understand anyone who chose to go see prodigy when they was seeing Blur at Hyde Park a few days latter.