Arrived, tent pitched, first beer drank.......

Guest Jenny Bucket

We head straight for the Stone Circle. Always have done.

We always head up there, whatever the weather with a few beers, ear to ear grins and breathe in the atmosphere and amazing views. More often than not, we all have a little cry and hug anyone and everyone near us.

We've arrived. :P

Edited by Jenny Bucket

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight down to Jazz World for Brothers Bar opening at 11.00 am Weds.

Although they had a problem this year with the pumps and it was 11.10 ! :P

Always seem to get nice weather for it , just sit in sun and people watch !

:P:P

I've only been the once, last year, when I picked a direction to go for a little wander straight away (Thank god for lazy pop up tents). Pick a direction and stick to it. I ended up returning to camp 12 hours later to discover they'd barely left the area while I was having the time of my life.

This year I might aim for places I haven't been before, like the healing/green fields or the Park. I didn't spend much time in the park, only really for Animal Collective and I missed the healing fields completely, so I'll pop up there to get on a good high for the rest of the festival.

Sorry for the long winded answer folkes, I'm just a bit excited!

Hopefully this year we'll have a Newbie with us. It will also be very different because we'll be trailer tenting in CV West so when we go through the gates on Wednesday we will have already pitched our TT.

So we'll take the Newbie on an orientation walk before heading up to the Big Ground to meet up with our non campervan field friends and try to safeguard their usual patch till they arrive. Possibly put up a small day tent with our friends to save going back to the CV field except at night.

Then it's crack open a few tins of Prosecco with a punnet of strawberries (one of our 'we have arrived' traditions).

Once everyone is settled we usually walk through 'town,' check that our favourite food stalls are in place (we know the bars will be there so no need to check them out) and then up to the Stone Circle for the view and a chill.

A walk down to the leftfield bit, up past the jazz world, jamesontheverge's table in the croissant neuf field and up to the stone circle and flagtopia.

The thing I love is we're there 5 days a year, that's all, but every yer, you spot which stalls are new, which ones have moved, what's different. I find it fascinating that despite how liottle time we spend there, and how temporary it is, you get this intimate, personal psycho-geography thing going on

Set-up tent, Unfold the easy chair, crack open can of gin & tonic, Light up a bifta and a smile.

Then listen for the sound of foot-pumps pumping up airbeds and then go round and offer up my battery powered one. (It creates instant love from the neighbours !)

Edited by JodiB

Once my tent is up I always head up to the Healing Fields for a bit - to chill and soak up the special atmosphere there. Then I carry on up to the Stone Circle for a while to look out across the Glasto site then I head down into Babylon and beyond ... :P

we usually have a wander round the markets to see what's where (to be used as meeting points for the rest of the fest), decide what our first scrummy glastonbury meal is going to be and then find a spot to sit and people-watch and grin like nutters. from there - who knows.

man, i can't wait to hear that wednesday roar.

I've got 3 newbies with me this year and another one who hasen't been for a while so he hasen't seen the park stage yet, so I think i'm gonna take them up to the steep hill behind the teepees and park stage and let them take in the size of the site obviously via the brothers bar. Cant wait now its coming round quick. :P