Arrived, tent pitched, first beer drank.......

Guest Jenny Bucket

Well last year my first destination was the efestivals world cup, but sadly that's not happening this time :-(

Tradition dictates a BBQ in the sun having set the tents up followed by a nice cold beer and a bit of a wonder, usually across the Pyramid, through the market and along the railway line and then back through The Other and Dance Field. A great feeling.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult one this year.

Youngest daughter has her final GCSE on Weds afternoon. What to do? Executive decision has been made. I am to spearhead the advance party with eldest daughter early am Weds (daughter to act as pack mule), set up camp, watch the England game and be suitably merry by the time wifey and youngest daughter arrive Weds evening via public transport.

A trip to the stone circle is probably on the cards when all the family is assembled to enjoy the atmosphere.

Kev

Set-up tent, Unfold the easy chair, crack open can of gin & tonic, Light up a bifta and a smile.

Then listen for the sound of foot-pumps pumping up airbeds and then go round and offer up my battery powered one. (It creates instant love from the neighbours !)

Off topic , but sort of related.

Went to V the other year , and whilst myself and mate went back to the car for the rest of

the stuff my girlfriend stopped behind and offered to pump the beds up.

Security we were wondering around , but were offering to pump beds up , help with tents etc

cos they were bored and wanted to something to do. Sow whilst she sat in a chair with a beer

strapping blokes did the beds for her.

And these were the black stab vested security not the students in a high viz !

:P

Our first time last year and wanderings didn't start until 7:00pm ish on Weds so we wanted a drink. Set off in a random direct and ended up going through the Greenpeace field and into the market area near the Greenfields. Stopped at an organic drinks stall and got quite merry on mead whilst talking to random strangers. Good times.

Pitch tent > drink a gallon of water to recover from Epic Trek of Doom > crack open a can of G&T > crack open another > therefore the first place I visit is the loo! Thereafter, Brother's Bar, bimble up to the Stone Circle to admire the view (I still walk up without looking back after all these years!) then down through the Park and general wandering/drinking - hopefully this year I'll be sober and awake enough to make the Cider Bus meet!

last year was my first, got there about 9pm on the Wednesday. Put the tent up and decided to wander, by some sort of miracle managed to find the Brothers Bar. Had a few pints then spent the rest of the night dancing like a loon outside one of the wine bars.

Happy times :P

before first beer.

pitch tent, carry mountain of pointless tat backstage, spend an age dealing with the frankly unterested and bored backstage caravan staff to get passes and wristbands, hike to backstage lock up, dump laptop, camera and other tat, check out whatever changes have been made, check news board, call office, look at metro-tossers populating back stage bar and braying, say f**k it, leg it out of there sharpish, head for the Avalon bar, suck on a cold one.

One year, I swear, I'm going to book it off as holiday instead, go in with everyone else as you all seem to have far more fun than me and get trolleyed from wednesday to sunday...

This year, after I get checked in and set up, I plan on doing this sequence first:

--find La Grande Bouffe

-hope and pray they are open on the Wednesday

-if so, enjoy!

-if not, find something else nearby

--go to Brothers Bar

-grab a couple pints

--go to the Pyramid to watch the World Cup

Firstly it'll be a visit to the cider bus via the Pyramid field. My wife is going for the 1st time & Im really looking forward to seeing her marvel in the world of the Glastonbury festival. After that it'll have to be Brothers Bar for some 7% cider. If still standing we'll make our way to the Stone Circle to watch the world underneath us......

Cant wait!

We dont get there till 3-5pm (wednesday) so we'll have a few drinks, then eventually head down to the efest meet @ the cider bus... stay there till dusk, then go woundering about!

ooo - writing all that just made me really excited.

Usually set up camp, help out others who seem to have never put a tent up in their lives :P .

Crack a couple open, burn a few down, get food.

Off for a wander with a qty of alcohol & smoke untill the early hours usually teh stone circle round the circus /theatre/pyramid then back to the circle.

Repeat x 4 but with less sleep, more consumables & some music :P

Have always camped near the Stone Circle, so that's the first port of call. Last year we then strolled up the very steep hill to that lounging area between SC and The Park. Then a circuitous walk around the entire site (beers en route as necessary), ending up at the cider bus to meet a few peeps.