Leaving things in your car

Guest Clareno7

Hello

I've never been to Glasto before and at the ripe old age of 36 (actually I'll be 37 by then) I'm going for the first time. I've been reading the forums avidly - I think I'm becoming obsessed - I am soooo excited!!

My question is about keeping things - I'm thinking alcohol - in the car. If we kept it hidden do you think it would be ok?

Also, if we want to pop out of the site for food - I'm thinking alcohol - is that easy to do? I'm not looking for a Tesco Express but maybe some local shops where we can get bits and pieces. How practical is it to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Clare xx

No problem leaving alcohol in the car and keep nipping back to dip into it. We do that a lot.

The only problem I have is that it's mainly beer we carry and it can get pretty warm.

There are supermarkets bnot too far away but I have never been bothered to drive off the site! just fill the car up before you get there.

Oh and welcome you lucky thing you.

Edited by The Dawg

Glasto's advice is always don't leave anything in your car and even leave the glove box open so people can see there's nothing worth taking.

It's also such a long trek back to the car that I wonder if it's worth it.

The lock ups are good but I don't know about leaving booze in them.

Glasto's advice is always don't leave anything in your car and even leave the glove box open so people can see there's nothing worth taking.

It's also such a long trek back to the car that I wonder if it's worth it.

The lock ups are good but I don't know about leaving booze in them.

I have never had any problem ! , obviously I do not leave lap tops or phones on view !

Re - The Booze , I usually take a large cool box and just before I leave home get the beers out of

the freezer. If you leave them in your car , and the freezer box is covered up , they are usually

still cold on Sat/Sunday ( and I go on the Weds )

TBH - I do not find the walk too bad , usually do it about 9 , 10 ish before it starts for the day !

And its nice to get back to tent with 24 cold beers , which if you carry in a rucksack are not too

heavy !

Well I'll be there too, for my fourth consecutive visit, and I'm quite a bit older so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

What will surprise you is just the sheer scale of the place - it's huge! If you leave things in the boot (as I have each time) I'm sure you won't have any problems but depending on where you camp and where you park, you might not be so keen to nip back to the car - it'll be a long walk and I usually don't bother. Some people spend ages just trying to find the car again. I take a trolley, load on as much as I can then make one or two trips right at the start to get everything to where I'll be camping.

As for popping out to shops - don't even think about it, it's just not worth the effort. Everything is available on site, a bit more expensive of course, but take all your favourite stuff if you want to keep the costs down. If you do drive off, you may not even get into the same car park and you will certainly be further away, behind all the later arrivals and it'll just be a faff all round.

Hope this helps and I hope you have a great time - you will never forget it.

Roy

x

I have never had any problem ! , obviously I do not leave lap tops or phones on view !

Re - The Booze , I usually take a large cool box and just before I leave home get the beers out of

the freezer. If you leave them in your car , and the freezer box is covered up , they are usually

still cold on Sat/Sunday ( and I go on the Weds )

TBH - I do not find the walk too bad , usually do it about 9 , 10 ish before it starts for the day !

And its nice to get back to tent with 24 cold beers , which if you carry in a rucksack are not too

heavy !

Don't bother going off site, it's just not worth it in the slightest! Especially your first time, you won't want to waste time doing that, noooooooooooooooooo :)

Stock up before you go and leave it in the boot, we always do (I've been going for 8 years) and we've never had a problem :)

Thanks forresponding everyone - the cool box idea sounds like a good one - and I reckon a walk will do me the power of good.

Hurray!! I can't wait! No doubt my colleagues, friends and family will find me unbearable by May 2010....

My partner finds me unbearable 12 months of the year.

The other morning about 7.00 am we were laid in bed , when she suddenly screamed

" Ow !!!! you have scratched my back with your Glastonbury bands ! "

:huh:

If you have anything of value then lock it away in the boot's wheel bay or somewhere sneaky. I always leave the actual car compartment itself totally empty and like others have said - the glovebox empty and open.

I'm lucky though, my car is a sedan and the back seats actually properly lock back into position so there's no way to get into the bootspace other than having the key/unlocking the car so i always pile all my stuff into my boot safe in the knowledge that even if somebody DID break into my car there'd be nothing to nick.

Also, i always take my car key off its keyring and leave the rest of my keys in the car too and have a special hidey place that nobody but me knows or will ever find on my car that I put the car key.

Saves ALOT of hassle in the event of loosing your keys when you're 300 odd miles away from home.

And yes... i've done it.

If you have anything of value then lock it away in the boot's wheel bay or somewhere sneaky. I always leave the actual car compartment itself totally empty and like others have said - the glovebox empty and open.

I'm lucky though, my car is a sedan and the back seats actually properly lock back into position so there's no way to get into the bootspace other than having the key/unlocking the car so i always pile all my stuff into my boot safe in the knowledge that even if somebody DID break into my car there'd be nothing to nick.

Also, i always take my car key off its keyring and leave the rest of my keys in the car too and have a special hidey place that nobody but me knows or will ever find on my car that I put the car key.

Saves ALOT of hassle in the event of loosing your keys when you're 300 odd miles away from home.

And yes... i've done it.