efestivals world cup

Guest Stuster

I'd also like to express my thanks to all the organisers and sponsors for the match. It's right up there as the highlight of my weekend. I was in the group of folk in the corner singing and chanting throughout the match... we even tried to get a mexican wave started to try and get the rest of the crowd involved. We thought the England keeper played a blinder, hence our decision to name him (our) man of the match and reward him with the du ious prize of a bundle at the end there (we warned him we would!).

It was an absolutley excellent way to spend an afternoon, and look forward to the rematch next year.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class entertainment provided by Hobo, and all the "football "players.

Rent a crowd made it highly entertaining, particularly with their cries of "Englands.....No. 1 ", and "lets all have a disco" ...

Sadly though the miserable gits in the corner stopped the mexican wave getting round to where we were sitting !

Still great entertainment on the Wednesday, and i hope that next year my ankle may be well enough to think about kicking a ball and joining in.

A massive well done to all for their efforts in raising more money for a great cause !

I'd also like to express my thanks to all the organisers and sponsors for the match. It's right up there as the highlight of my weekend. I was in the group of folk in the corner singing and chanting throughout the match... we even tried to get a mexican wave started to try and get the rest of the crowd involved. We thought the England keeper played a blinder, hence our decision to name him (our) man of the match and reward him with the du ious prize of a bundle at the end there (we warned him we would!).

It was an absolutley excellent way to spend an afternoon, and look forward to the rematch next year.

Huge thanks from me too to everyone who put tons of work into organising this - it was fantastic to be involved in and it was such a success. What a great thing to look forward to on the Wednesday :lol:

I had gone by then, knee was still hurting from a tackle in the first half and i somehow managed a few bruises on my chest from the game somehow, anyway, no pain no gain and it was all in aid of a good cause :lol:
Edited by parTy animal

We were kicked off the park mate. I've a huge bump & bruise on my left shin from the game ;) Think i showed Hogga & AJT (as well as a few others) at the cider bus meet. I'll try get mynameisearl to post the pics of my injuries once he's recovered from glasto.

Great laugh though and all for a great cause too. Big shout out the the group of lads making the noise at the side and Hogga & Chaz for organising it.

Edit: one cap & one goal :lol:

We were kicked off the park mate. I've a huge bump & bruise on my left shin from the game :lol: Think i showed Hogga & AJT (as well as a few others) at the cider bus meet. I'll try get mynameisearl to post the pics of my injuries once he's recovered from glasto.

Great laugh though and all for a great cause too. Big shout out the the group of lads making the noise at the side and Hogga & Chaz for organising it.

Edit: one cap & one goal :P

Hey everyone,

just to say congrats on putting on such a great event! Me and 3 of my mates wrre part of the rowdy crowd in the corner and we had a real blast! We were big fans of the goalie, ENGLANDS NUMBER 1, that was one of our best festival moments when we all rushed the pitch at the end, was great fun =p

would be col to see some pics up, and roll on 2010!

=)

Hey everyone,

just to say congrats on putting on such a great event! Me and 3 of my mates wrre part of the rowdy crowd in the corner and we had a real blast! We were big fans of the goalie, ENGLANDS NUMBER 1, that was one of our best festival moments when we all rushed the pitch at the end, was great fun =p

would be col to see some pics up, and roll on 2010!

=)

That link dosent allow me to view the pictures.

I played on the ROW team and had a fantastic time. I ended up scoring one of the 3 goals we scored!!

Got a dead leg in the 1st minute and had to get deep heat cream in Glastonbury the next day as i couldnt walk! My brother also played & was covered in bruises on his legs!! Still sore now.

I didnt get the Q Review. Was there pictures of the game in it? Also, anyone know if there are any videos of the game around?

Here's to next yeras event when the ROW team will show a completely different display!!

Gutted to miss this, but figured that putting up a tent was slightly more important in the long run. Was intending on making a donation at the time, so will sort one out later on today!

Might have to turn out for the rest of the world next year, looks like you could use my help......