efestivals world cup

Guest Stuster

9-3 to England!

Haven't spotted anyone else posting about it yet so though I'd have a little boast! Espcially as I somehow managed to score a hat trick :)

Massive thanks to Hogga and Chazeboy and everyone else involved in organizing the event :)

By the way, has Eavis turned up yet? :)

Edited by Stuster

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get in!!!!

Eng-er-land, Eng-er-land, Eng-er-land.....

Did anyone get any photos? Gutted to miss out on that!

Saw a few minutes, looked great fun. Apologies to the lady I almost laughed at for not realising the keeper in the kilt probably WASN'T playing for England :)

Sadly the pitch was a bit Abbey Stadium under Beck for my liking... all over, not just the corners. Fortunately the football on display was far more classy and entertaining!

Congratulations to all involved, specially the lady collecting in the turd outfit. It must have been roasting in there.

Fully intended to go - but despite leaving Manchester @ 5am - we were just parking up at half time :-(

Huge traffic jam meant we effwectively lost a day. Happy to report that Thur - Sun went like a dream, so its all OK.

Did intend to start proceedings with some Burrow Hill and a footy match - but it wasn't to be.

Hope everyone had a good one - roll on 2010

Yep, I was stuxck at Castle Cary for 4 hours or so too, then was made to walk 2 miles down/uphill as the coach dropped us off in bloody Pilton so would have been too knackered even if I wasn't 5 hours late... still, glad the right team won!

And it made the Glastonbury Review!!! Page 4 or 6 methinks! Nice one dudes...do I get a mug Neil? :(

how long did it take for eavis to turn up then?

I had gone by then, knee was still hurting from a tackle in the first half and i somehow managed a few bruises on my chest from the game somehow, anyway, no pain no gain and it was all in aid of a good cause :(

Any idea if they did a count up to see how much was donated on the day?

As it stands, £2125 raised online...

how long did it take for eavis to turn up then?

I had gone by then, knee was still hurting from a tackle in the first half and i somehow managed a few bruises on my chest from the game somehow, anyway, no pain no gain and it was all in aid of a good cause :(

Any idea if they did a count up to see how much was donated on the day?

As it stands, £2125 raised online...

I'd also like to express my thanks to all the organisers and sponsors for the match. It's right up there as the highlight of my weekend. I was in the group of folk in the corner singing and chanting throughout the match... we even tried to get a mexican wave started to try and get the rest of the crowd involved. We thought the England keeper played a blinder, hence our decision to name him (our) man of the match and reward him with the du ious prize of a bundle at the end there (we warned him we would!).

It was an absolutley excellent way to spend an afternoon, and look forward to the rematch next year.

Edited by Halcyon