Ufc

just/john

22 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Best thing they can do is strip Conor and have Max and Pettis go 5 rounds for the interim.

Exactly what theyve done. New UFC 206 main event. Aldo is now the champ. Bit of a mess really. The interim champ thing is a bit silly. Should be just #1 contender. Either way McGregor cant hold up the division anymore. 

McGregor issued with a Californian boxing license. 

I'm all for bravado in the fight game but surely hes not going to fight Mayweather? He'll get fucking destroyed. 

Assume its just a PR move to keep the machine turning while hes on his break. We'll probably see him "KO" someone at Wrestlemania too.

Edited by The Nal

Since when did Floyd fight outside of Vegas? fight will never happen, sick of hearing about it, just a publicity stunt for sure and it works so well done Conor.

Mighty Mouse squash match this weekend but a pretty good co-main in Benavides vs Cejudo

Jones was on Rogan's podcast tonight, just the usual from him saying he is a changed man, said he will drink again in the future because he feels he is in control now.  He did discuss almost everything that happened so was a good listen, how much of what he said was true? I have no idea. He is grappling Dan Henderson next weekend so was on to promote that.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

No other viable contenders. Might as well try and pop a rating. 

Yep. This series being 'champion of champions' is what gives it a bit of legitimacy. The whole thing is a gimmick but he needs someone else to fight. 

I see Benavidez beating Cejudo fairly comfortably, but it'll be interesting. He's only lost 4 in his career (2 to Cruz and 2 to Mighty Mouse) and 3 of those were split decisions. Really great fighter, just a shame for him that he's around at the same time as two GOAT contenders.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:06 AM, When Jokers Attack said:

Superboy/Swanson best fight in years!

Great card, cowboy/Brown ruled.

Aldo vs Holloway is next, what a fight. Hope it gets made soon as don't think Holloway suffered any damage.

Don't think it depends on Holloway tbh #wheresjosewaldo

Still thinking of that Superboy/Swanon matchup. The second round is easily round of the year, and I was ready to give that to Whittaker/Brunson. Just an amazing fight, so excited to see where Superboy goes. He could be a star. 

206 was ace, easily top three cards of the year along with 205 and 199 for me. 

Looking ahead, Holloway vs Aldo is such a good matchup. I have to say I can't see Jose losing this one, but it'll be one of his toughest tests. I really am routing for Max here though, would be a shame to see his momentum halted.

• 2 weeks later...

Lists anyone? Still got 207 to come but the UFC are releasing theirs...

Fights: 

1. Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit

2. Cub Swanson vs Korean Superboy

3. Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz II

4. Whitaker vs Brunson

5. Marco Polo-Reyes vs Dong Hyun Kim

Events:

1. UFC 199

2. UFC 205

3. UFC 206

Fighters:

1. Stipe Miocic