Ufc

just/john

Wow, I love Jack Slack's work. That was a nailed on TL;DR, but turned out to be a gripping and informative read from start to finish, and his use of gifs to illustrate his points was spot on. Certainly food for thought, particularly with regard to Holly Holm, it would be great for the sport if her ringcraft were to be enough to stop RRR, although it will take an almost inhuman amount of composure to be able to keep her head under the pressure. 

The stuff about JJ made me even more worried for VL's wellbeing. JJ is more scary than RRR to me, because she messes people up bigtime. Penne was a mess after their last fight, how she lasted as long as she did is still a mystery.

IIIIIIITS TIIIIIIMMMEEE!

to copy and paste for your picks

Rousey v Holm

Jedrzejczyk v Letourneau

Hunt v Silva

Hall v Whittaker

Struve v Rosholt

Matthews v Arreola

My Picks

Rousey v Holm  still think RRR is "unbeatable"

Jedrzejczyk v Letourneau   dont even see it getting out of the first round

Hunt v Silva  tough pick, but I think Silva will take the honours

Hall v Whittaker   Hall is finally becoming the fighter he always could be

Struve v Rosholt     I just like Struve, and I hope he gets the W

Matthews v Arreola  Younger, faster, just fancy him to win.

Its the first card I have been looking forward to for a while, be interesting to see how full the stadium is going to be, touted as "the biggest UFC crowd ever"

Rousey v Holm        On the feet, second round. Or armbar wheneever Ronda feels like

Jedrzejczyk v Letourneau       Many Many punches

Hunt v Silva     KO

Hall v Whittaker      some crazy kick KO

Struve v Rosholt         Unanimous Decision

Matthews v Arreola        Don't know

Edited by daniel.k

Rousey v Holm - RD2 submission, I'll be glad when it's all over and we can get back to the McGregor show, much rather have him shoved down our throats constantly.

Jedrzejczyk v Letourneau - JJ by a clear decision win but this is just a guess, I can't recall seeing much of Letourneau

Hunt v Silva - RD1 KO

Hall v Whittaker - Hopefully  Hall gets another finish.

Struve v Rosholt - Rosholt is boring as hell so could be a boring decision fight either way.

Matthews v Arreola - Not sure

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Watching the UFC 193 embedded videos and ronda is talking some absolute garbage at the end of most of them, especially episode 2, proper scripted stuff, whereas every one else on the videos just talks to the camera man. 

I actually don't know how she'd handle herself if someone did beat her after watching these videos 

• Downvote 1

that was a real shocker. Jack Slack's column called it perfectly regarding Holly's game plan.

Dana saying the rematch would be a good diea? Dont think so Dana, meisha is due a shot, then cyborg, then RRR rematch imho.

Interesting to see about the whole UFC game bollocks, RRR being the cover star, I wonder if that why Dana wants to give her another try. Its gonna be a bit embarrassing to have her on the cover when its not her belt, and they are obviously holding off on announcing the "second fighter" for the games cover until they know if Conor is champ.

She will get a rematch as that is what will do money and they will want the belt back on her, I agree that she doesn't deserve one but that's how the ufc work. one of the best moments ever for me, The thing is the fight probably goes the same way again, like Barao and TJ. Holm has her number if she can't clinch her, A lot of credit has to go to Jackson-Wink, best mma camp going - Holly, Jones Cowboy and of course Holm herself, just a fantastic performance and proved everyone wrong, I love anythin can happen in this sport."

Seen the video of Miesha saying on twitter "fuck ronda rousey". I'd give her next shot and make Rousey vs Cyborg but doubt they will do that.

Valerie done well against JJ but the champion was just too much, great stuff by Hunto and he wants on the Korea card next weekend. Whittaker looked good against Hall and Rosholt/Struve, well the least said the better,  Prelims were pretty damn good too.

6 hours ago, mjsell said:

ronda just didn't look fit enough either. Absolutely out classed in all aspects. I hope holm can promote the sport and gender with the same impact, maybe even in a more dignified way. 

I disagree on the fitness, Ronda always looks a bit pudgey. I believe she has just taken too much on her plate (unintentional joke there) and has been surrounded by yes men since she rose to fame. everyone telling her she's invincible, poor coaching from ET, and all of the hollywood/wwe bollocks. Its bound to make someone completely detatched from reality.you could argue she needed knocking out to bring things back to reality.

I will piss myself if Aldo destroys cmcg, it will expose zuffa's hype machine for what it really is.

I don't think theres anything about hype or Ronda taking the fight easy or thinking she was invincible, She trained as she would for any other fight as far as I can see but she lost due to strategy. She stood toe to toe with a superb boxer and got absolutely hammered as a result. Holly looked surprised at home easy it was. She was complacent thinking she could out box Holly. Remember Ronda got hit a lot in the Correia fight standing toe to toe.

Anyway, rematch for the big bucks!

Mayweather has offered to help her, I actually think he is being serious. He is a business man after all. 

I think she should take an extended time away from the sport and get a new camp and start learning boxing, she will never be on the level of Holm's skill as that takes years but I'm sure in a 16-18 month period she would improve a lot. It's funny how I'm saying this when just last week I was saying she would finish the fight in the second round.   I never realised how bad her boxing actually was until that fight. She would still most likely beat everyone else in the divsion but she needs to improve that aspect of her game. Of course she could come back at UFC 200, without changing camps and catch Holm in the clinch and get the job done this time, anything can happen but that would be too risky, if she loses a second time it's all over and it will be hard to build her back up from two knockout defeats.

I listened to the podcast with Rogan, Dana and Tony and Rogan was saying i's wrong for people to pick on Rousey for losing and if you do that you are a c**t, twenty minutes later he is making dick jokes about Cyborg. Dana was basically saying Rousey lost because  because she has so much on, complete excuse. She was outclassed. If she finished Holm quickly it would be a different story. 

Edited by When Jokers Attack

oh it was perfect for the haters. she looked like a really bad TUF contestant. and the stumble to the knee just sealed the deal IMHO. I was well fed up of her bullshit, but cant deny every time her walkout song starts and she storms out with that stern look on her face, I get goosebumps.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

People were picking on her for losing because shes become a bit of a twat. Saying all sorts of shit before fights, not touching gloves etc.

Having watched the fight a few times she was so bad though. Like a drunk stumbling up to someone who was chatting up his bird at times.

As bad as she was her corner men didn't help, you could clearly hear them tell her she'd had a brilliant first round ! Almost like they'd drank the kool aid and bought into Rondas mystique. Any good corner man would have told her to take it to the mat, and keep holm off her feet, or at worst get into a clinch game, just to try and get Holm out of her rhythm ,  as Holm just destroyed her standing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1