Ufc

just/john

I think they should make McGregor/Edgar ASAP. Both were hardly even in a fight.

Not sure if ufc always do this but they posted a video on YouTube of Aldo locker room cam, it shows after the fight and lasts a while. Highly disrespectful as I don't recall them doing that before . They are loving it though, Aldo was in many ways the bad guy , spoke his mind and out against reebok etc. Since he ain't getting a rematch then it has to be Holloway next.

Rockhold proved me wrong but that fight shouldn't have seen a 4th round. Herb should have stopped it in the 3rd. If Romero is next, how can he go 5 rounds?

The fight won't happen until at least April.

UFC 196 - Werdum vs Cain

UFC 197 - it's in Brazil and it's rumoured to be Silva vs Belfort. I don't think they would put McGregor on that.

UFC 198 - They are targeting MSG so I think they want Mcgregor on that card and it's the most likely scenario since other cards look to have a headliner.

I might not be getting excited about Conor fighting anytime soon. 

Watch the end of this GIF

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/676147118298505216

In case you don't see it, it's Frank Fertitta throwing the belt down with some considerable force. Apparently Conor is playing hardball in negotiations and wants to be a co-promoter with UFC and get paid 8 figures per fight. 

4 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

I might not be getting excited about Conor fighting anytime soon. 

Watch the end of this GIF

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/676147118298505216

In case you don't see it, it's Frank Fertitta throwing the belt down with some considerable force. Apparently Conor is playing hardball in negotiations and wants to be a co-promoter with UFC and get paid 8 figures per fight. 

I'd be surprised if he was that pissed off that McGregor won considering the amount of money hes making for UFC. UFC fighters are underpaid when you compare it to boxing mind you. They get a tiny slice of the pie.

And yeah, McGregor is well known for his negotiations. Met a TV exec who was involved in the documentary that went out and McGregor was making more and more demands as the tv show went on.

Theres talk on Sherdog about rumours of him wanting $20m per fight. Dunno how true that is, but it wouldn't surprise me. One thing is for sure, theres only a couple of fights that anyone really wants to see him involved in at the moment, I would say Frankie, and Cowboy/RDA.

After that, no-one really gets that excited about much below welterweight. 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

Uncle Dana didnt look too happy either when strapping the belt on either. 

He didn't look too happy after McGregor refusing to wear the Reebok tshirt last time out either. Trying to smile about it.

McGregor didn't look happy either. The smirk from Dana and John Kavanagh says it all.

AyIPIO.0.0.gif

wjmgSm.0.0.gif

First fighter to really stand up to the business side of UFC. Course there will be conflict.

Edited by The Nal

I still think he overestimates his worth. He might be good for casual buys, and grabbing headlines, but at the end of the day - MMA is still a niche sport, and I think it always will be. Undoubtedly his rise has been meteoric, but a loss to Frankie would make him far less marketable. I'm not saying Frankie beats him, because he really has backed up his shit talking, but that's how fragile success is in MMA. And Dana and the Fertitas have seen it all before, if he holds them to ransom now - it could be there to bite him on the arse in the future.

Did you see reebok spelled his name wrong on his locker room locker?

11 minutes ago, t8yman said:

I still think he overestimates his worth. He might be good for casual buys, and grabbing headlines, but at the end of the day - MMA is still a niche sport, and I think it always will be. Undoubtedly his rise has been meteoric, but a loss to Frankie would make him far less marketable. I'm not saying Frankie beats him, because he really has backed up his shit talking, but that's how fragile success is in MMA. And Dana and the Fertitas have seen it all before, if he holds them to ransom now - it could be there to bite him on the arse in the future.

Agree 100%. Which is why hes trying to make his money as soon as possible!

11 minutes ago, t8yman said:

Did you see reebok spelled his name wrong on his locker room locker?

No?! haha. FFS.

Edited by The Nal

Interesting thread on Sherdog here. Its worth listening to the Dave Meltzer audio clip in the first post. 

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/conor-wants-co-promote-his-ufc-matches-audio-added-3127235/

Sounds like Conor wants to co-promote his own fights. No wonder Dana and Conor appear to have fallen out.

Edited by t8yman

Totally agree with your pick WJA, and your closing remark. I think the MMA world in general feels the same way. RDA is a monster, we just need to see if the new drug testing regime has affected him ;)

Keep an eye out for Leon "Rocky" Edwards on the prelims. British youngster who has been great so far. Needs to step into the limelight to really make an impact on the viewing public.

just read his wiki, he was born in England, then moved to holland when he was 6.

Overeem was born in Hounslow, England to a Jamaican father and a Dutch mother. When he was six years-old, his parents divorced and he moved with his mother and older brother to The Netherlands where he was raised. As a child, Overeem competed in judo, track and field and basketball. At the age of 15, Overeem's older brother Valentijn took him to Chris Dolman's MMA gym to train.