Ufc

just/john

its an interesting argument, it can be argued that lawler rocked condit more, and harder, but condit threw 4x the blows, landed more than lawler threw, and octagon control was fairly even. condit was certainly the more active and aggressive fighter. also interesting that lawlers corner told him at the end of R3 that he needed the next 2 rounds, and condit absolutely dominated R4. Condit was also no slouch in R5, although I think the hard finish from RL definitely swung that in his favour. 

I'm a huge RL fan, but have always thought of Condit as one of my fave fighters. I was torn during the fight who I wanted to win. I just hope Condit doesnt retire as a result.

Edited by t8yman

3 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

So UFC just bowed down to McGregors demands? I think that's bullshit.

Anyone else would have to vacate the belt, McGregor is the hottest thing they have had in years (maybe ever) so they are trying o get the most of it. If he does win both belts, we will never hear the end of "the first ever champion in ufc history to hold two title belts simultaneously" but the only reason for that would be because he was the only fighter allowed to do it.

It's a shame on Frankie Edgar but smart business by the ufc. If they made the Edgar fight first and McGregor lost, there is no LW title fight. By making the RDA fight, if he loses he is still a champion. If he wins he is an even bigger star and a two division champion. Also this is a tougher test. RDA has looked like an unstoppable beast ever since knocking out Benson Henderson. I find it hard to pick against him and I find it hard to pick against McGregor, 

On 08/01/2016 at 5:20 PM, metallimuse said:

Because that's the nature of employment.

On 09/01/2016 at 5:22 AM, t8yman said:

because its nothing like boxing. the fighters are employed by the UFC.

Understand that but I've no issue with fighters having a bit of power in the organisation. They're the ones who put their bodies on the line and their careers can end in a millisecond or with a lucky punch.

Anyway would love to see McGregor in a different weight class. Edgar will have to wait.

I just realised Penn was lightweight champion when he challenged GSP. I thought he had to vacate the title but he didn't, so it has happened before.

Randy Couture aswell.

Edited by The Nal

I truly don't understand why he thinks he can beat RDA. I gave him props when he finally beat Aldo, RDA is a beast. 

He appears to be putting his money where his mouth is, I'll give him that. But if he loses, it will be a massive brake on his hype train. He's never fought anyone remotely like RDA. 

The Diaz fight would have been huge, and would have been a great tester for him at LW, and been a massive payday for both fighters.

Also, I'm rather keen on the Rotterdam event in May, its only a very short flight (or an overnight ferry) from where I am. Depends a lot on the card, I would imagine struve and 'reem would be on it, maybe even gus.

14 minutes ago, t8yman said:

doubt being cast over wether RDA v Conor will happen, and I didnt realise, it was never officially announced either.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/no-dos-anjos-conor.3148569/

Fucks sake. Only 7 weeks to go?! Are they going to main event with Holm/Tate?

A McGregor/RDA fight could be superb. McGregor is taller than him and can easily come in at 155 considering he struggles so badly to get down to 145. But only 7 weeks out and now confirmation?

Edited by The Nal