RATM Vs Babyshambles

Guest Azzy G

Apparently the tent was pretty dead for Babyshambles.

What people seem to forget is that The Killers easily drew a crowd as big as Rage. I was stood pretty near the back and it was quite rammed there. Although I only stayed for two songs before heading off to the NME stage to watch the greatest band of all time, and the crowd there was surprisingly small for an NME headliner who was once one of the biggest bands in the country with a huge back catalogue. So people may have left after The Killers but when I left they had a crowd that could have competed with Rage's.

Watched half of Rage's set and then went and watched Less Than Jake for a bit til they finished then caught the end of Rage (Killing In The Name) and just went back to camp for a lot of bevvies! LOL.. All in all I thought it worked out perfect!

My entire weekend was based around seeing rage, we even endured a terribly dissapointing QOSTA set and i think fratelli's? (maybe, well someone gash) to ensure we were right up there for it. Seeing babyshambles didnt even cross my mind.

Hmmmm would be interesting to of done a poll, see what the ratio of mainstage/NME was last year compared to this year is on the radiohead day especially, i have a feeling it might be rather different.

My entire weekend was based around seeing rage, we even endured a terribly dissapointing QOSTA set and i think fratelli's? (maybe, well someone gash) to ensure we were right up there for it. Seeing babyshambles didnt even cross my mind.

Hmmmm would be interesting to of done a poll, see what the ratio of mainstage/NME was last year compared to this year is on the radiohead day especially, i have a feeling it might be rather different.

I think the Radiohead vs. Lostprophets clash will be very interesting and competitive. Both bands who are very popular amongst Reading-goers. Radiohead will no doubt draw a large crowd but I have the feeling Lostprophets will absolutely ram the tent out, considering the size of them compared to the average NME/R1 headliner.

i got about halfway through rages set, i was up against the second barrier... even there, i was completely crushed. i actually did my hip in, so i squeezed out and limped to babyshambles. it was about half full, a guy staggered towards me and passed out on the floor. noone helped him.

i limped back to the campsite and there was some fat stranger sitting in my chair. all i wanted to do was sit down but he was so baked that i couldn't reason with him. i try and make myself comfortable on the grass, and wonder if i should have just stayed at rage.

sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent there

Rage were the only main stage headliner I watched last year. THe manics crowd was a bit shit bcos of stupid fools watching the killers instead, though it didnt bother me as I got right to the barrier without a problem :(

Cribs instead of a metallica for me aswell, lots of people will criticise this one but at the end of the day you go and see who you like.