Petition to outlaw touts

Guest mickg

whats the problm with touts? its the ebay scammers who dont have the tickets that should be stopped.

im relying on touts this year as I wont have the funds the end of march, and will be relying on touts later in the the summer.

Edited by irons

Touts outside gigs are fine. The problem's the people who buy them on ebay purely to sell them on. Forcing people to pay them extra simply because they got there first. It's like going into a supermarket and buying all the milk, then sitting outside selling it for twice the price.

Touts outside gigs are fine. The problem's the people who buy them on ebay purely to sell them on. Forcing people to pay them extra simply because they got there first. It's like going into a supermarket and buying all the milk, then sitting outside selling it for twice the price.

What's more ridiculous?

Say I buy some vinyl at face value and then sell it on for a profit on eBay, what's the harm in that?

I dislike eBay touts as much as the next person, but it will never be outlawed and campaigning for it is a waste of time IMO.

Thats hardly the same. A better comparison would be buying all xboxes, then selling them outside for twice the price. Milk and gig tickets are hardly similar in the grand scheme of things.

If people didn't pay stupid prices on ebay, there wouldn't be such a problem. If after ticket sale day this year, nobody bought tickets from ebay until August, I'd be willing to bet that nobody would pay anymore than a tenner over face value.

Selling tickets you don't have isn't on though, I'll agree with that.