WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly the 00z overnight brings a low in by next friday and rain with it and the Euro models that first progged a low yesterday has also kept with it overnight..

have to see what the models churn out today....if Jackone did his forecast right now suspect it would be back to 5-6, however next week-end is 9 days away so its by no means a certainty for any of this...as ever the watch goes on.

sadly the 00z overnight brings a low in by next friday and rain with it and the Euro models that first progged a low yesterday has also kept with it overnight..

have to see what the models churn out today....if Jackone did his forecast right now suspect it would be back to 5-6, however next week-end is 9 days away so its by no means a certainty for any of this...as ever the watch goes on.

Outlook for Days 6 - 10 (Monday 22/06/09 to Friday 26/06/09)

Confidence remains high for high pressure dominate across southwest England through the outlook period, bringing predominantly dry conditions with temperatures warm or very warm, especially inland. Towards the end of the period, there is a low but increased probability of showers returning but confidence low on this detail.

My work forecast this morning - not too bad at all.

DRIZZLE? YOU CALL 07 DRIZZLE? Blimey!

Friday 1pm...distinctly recall stair-rods...! Funny looking drizzle!

Just as long as 97 aint repeated, we will all be fine. And...whilst finding large logs to caress...every other forecast this 80 page thread has had so far especially recently has been mostly bloody gorgeous, we all know the lay of the land and the way that clay based soil behaves...yes a wettening makes things messy but a quick and then hopefully constant blast of sun...ok the foor aint green no more but its not 1997...which is what we dont want.

Piece said...f**k off if you think I am being negative...this is no. 10 for me...seen everything that place can throw at me mud wise...never want to go through 1997 stylee ever again...THAT is what worries me...07?...walk in the bloody park!

It will be lush even if it rains...which it probably will...a tiny bit...this is the UK...we are famous for it. :ph34r:

Strudders warned us not to come in here! Ooops! :D

DRIZZLE? YOU CALL 07 DRIZZLE? Blimey!

Friday 1pm...distinctly recall stair-rods...! Funny looking drizzle!

Just as long as 97 aint repeated, we will all be fine. And...whilst finding large logs to caress...every other forecast this 80 page thread has had so far especially recently has been mostly bloody gorgeous, we all know the lay of the land and the way that clay based soil behaves...yes a wettening makes things messy but a quick and then hopefully constant blast of sun...ok the foor aint green no more but its not 1997...which is what we dont want.

Piece said...f**k off if you think I am being negative...this is no. 10 for me...seen everything that place can throw at me mud wise...never want to go through 1997 stylee ever again...THAT is what worries me...07?...walk in the bloody park!

It will be lush even if it rains...which it probably will...a tiny bit...this is the UK...we are famous for it. :ph34r:

Strudders warned us not to come in here! Ooops! :D

1997 was shit, 2007 was shit

Its like arguing if its better to be stabbed or run over.

When its not muddy, its tons better.

I love the fact that so many people manage to be so up for it even when the conditions are dire, but i also think these people are slightly backwards

UK Outlook for Sunday 21 Jun 2009 to Tuesday 30 Jun 2009:

The weather during Sunday and much of next week is expected to be dominated by high pressure. This will mean plenty of dry weather, particularly for central and southern areas with some good spells of sunshine. However, outbreaks of rain are possible at times for northern parts of Scotland, and some showery outbreaks of rain may extend a little further south across southern Scotland and Northern Ireland at times. Temperatures will be generally near normal at first, but becoming warm or very warm, especially for central and southern areas. Thereafter, generally little change. Plenty of dry, fine and warm weather is expected, though rain or showers in the north spreading further south into some central areas later, though dry and warm weather should last throughout the period across the south.

Updated: 1213 on Tue 16 Jun 2009

From the Metoffice for the Southwest.....

You've got to be hopeful reading that surely?! :ph34r::D

Do any of the clever weather people here know how much it actually rained in 2007, day by day? Was it an exceptionally large amount, or just usual summer rain that could well be reproduced any year. I remember it raining a hell of a lot, but then I wouldn't usually be out in it all the time.

What I'm trying to get at is, if we get, say, 10mm rain one day this year, how would that compare to bad years? How much rain is bad rain?

Do any of the clever weather people here know how much it actually rained in 2007, day by day? Was it an exceptionally large amount, or just usual summer rain that could well be reproduced any year. I remember it raining a hell of a lot, but then I wouldn't usually be out in it all the time.

What I'm trying to get at is, if we get, say, 10mm rain one day this year, how would that compare to bad years? How much rain is bad rain?