Sonisphere

Guest MetalDave

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, massively want to see Devildriver again and think they'd be a perfect sunday night 2nd stage headliner!

on the topic in hand tho, am i the only one thinking Sonisphere is a teensy bit expensive...? its pretty much the same cost as Download for what will be 2 days and WAAAAY less bands. wondering whether they have a VERY good line-up to justify the price...

Dl might not have the biggest headliners but is great because it 3 day. Sonosphere is great because it'll be a stella line up but is only 2 stages over 2 days. I guess while being in competition they are both very different festivals, offering very different things.

I guess it comes down to strength of line up v better and long festival experience I guess.

agreed, massively want to see Devildriver again and think they'd be a perfect sunday night 2nd stage headliner!

on the topic in hand tho, am i the only one thinking Sonisphere is a teensy bit expensive...? its pretty much the same cost as Download for what will be 2 days and WAAAAY less bands. wondering whether they have a VERY good line-up to justify the price...

Dl might not have the biggest headliners but is great because it 3 day. Sonosphere is great because it'll be a stella line up but is only 2 stages over 2 days. I guess while being in competition they are both very different festivals, offering very different things.

I guess it comes down to strength of line up v better and long festival experience I guess.

Love it!! You have inspired a brilliant phone call between me and my daddy!

Me: "Hi daddy, how are you?"

Daddy: "hello daughter. What do you want?" (I think he has leant I only call himif there is an emergency or I want something!)

Me: "Can you buy me a new car please? A man on the internet said we have to spend lots of money and save the economy!"

Daddy: "Hmm...".

I think that definitely gives me hope!!

B x

I had intended to go to Sonisphere if Linkin Park played as rumoured, but Im already doing Glasto & Download and if AC/DC do Reading I'll do that too. So as of this afternoon Im waiting for Reading and if that's no good then I'll do Sonisphere if I can still get a ticket.

Although I still think its an expensive ticket for 2 days. £160 is £160 however many days in the field it buys you.

i am starting to think that people are moaning about this festival as it appears to be the nearest competition to download with the type of music on offer i admit that i have had some wicked times at download but am looking for something new to try and this so far is ticking all the right boxes

i agree the cost of the tickets are expensive but we are looking at two days of continous music granted not everyone may like every band and watch every band but there are plenty of people at download that dont watch every band they can possibly see just look at the sheer numbers still in the campsites and village during they days at download

as i posted on the download forum the cos of a festival isnt just the ticket i live in stevenage which is the town right next to knebworth there for i dont have to fork out on camping and on travel for me to go to download this year it would cost me more than knebworth wwill and that goes for a lot of people from the south

keep in mind who may yet to be added to the line up for knebworth (oh and the use of the word knobworth is a little sad) give it a chance its the first time its happening and people are putting it down before they have ever experienced it every festival has to start somehwere even download

give it a chance and stop moaning about the price look at what u would spend at download and what u would spend at knebworth then see which is more expensive

im pretty sure i will get some flack for this but oh well such is life i have booked my ticket and am really looking forward to going and hell when day tickets for download go on sale im getting me one for the sat to go and see slipknot and who ever else is playing that day

For me the expense mounts up from the length of time spent at the festival so i welcome 2 days over 3 to be honest. Also I'm not as young as i used to be.

The line up to soniphere is shaping up as if I were picking it myself wereas I feel I have little in common with the dl line up. Too old to really enjoy Slipknot, too you to appreciate Def Lep, white snake and the Cru.

It is pricey and an odd strategy for a new festival but I'm gonna stay the course and beleive it will pay off massively. It's gonna be frickin huge!!

Also people do need to stop moaning about it. It's nice to see the DL fans are committed to their festival but some of them are flaming the festival unnecessarily and with considerable blinding biast. This is mainly on the official DL forum incidentally!

Edited by biffoire