Sonisphere

Guest MetalDave

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, there is a choice, you can go and "do the rounds" while a band you dont like are on, or hit the bar, or just explore. its great.

metallica BDO at MK years ago was ace. ministry, qotsa, manson, sepultura, placebo, metallica, terrorvision, monster magnet (IIRC) and you didnt miss anything you wanted to see.

The reason you won't miss any bands is because there will be much less of them! How is that better? I'd far rather have a big choice of bands. Yes occasionally you get a clash, but it means you hardly ever have nothing to see. With only one band on at a time there will often be times when no one you like is on. And it will be crowded all the time.

yeah

if the stages are side by side i think it really works (seen that a few times at Give It A Name and Distortion) but if its at opposite ends of the arena (as it appears to be...) then surely all 60000 people are going to spend their entire time walking from one end of the arena to the other?

In fairness peeps, they can't afford to give smaller bands a chance because (a) they are charging a lot of money for "quality rather than quantity" and (:unsure: you only have one choice of band to see at a time. It's got to be a lineup of strong well known bands that will sell them slightly extortiantly priced tickets!

B x

It's definately an interesting idea,

But It kind of eliminates any room for diversity and new interesting acts, which is what festivals are about. I guess it'll just be a gig in a field like Knebworth was back in the 70s, It isn't really pretending to be anything else.

I'd go if it was cheaper and faith no more & Nine inch Nails were on the bill.

No, there isn't, but the point is there is ZERO chance of you missing the bands you want to see. At the end of the day, they could do what Download do and chuck in as many bands as possible, but that'd result in a lot of filler and the likelyhood that you'd miss a few acts you wanted to see.

the only draw of this festival so far for me is Metallica... i f**king hate Linkin Park, i'm seeing Lamb of God on friday (and hopefully at DL!), and Mastadon are supposed to be doing their own uk tour for the new album anyways. so think i'll need to see a few more bands announced before i think about this one!

edit - tho at Big Day Out in Milton Keynes, i had no problem with the 2 stage set-up, one band playing on one while the other gets set up. but then, i guess i was 15 and it was my first ever fest so didn't exactly have much to judge it against!

Edited by Salt_On_Everything