Latitude 2009

The Beard

I have never had to produce a letter or ID. I have always taken my guest ticket to the guest box office at the VIP entrance and been given a wristband without any fuss.

if you check my post I did not mention anything about people who have already been sent a guest Ticket - I did use the words ' Guest List '

david100 only bought a item on ebay and its unclear what he bought - it may have been a ticket it may have been a letter - he will be the only to know when he hands over the money.

I checked the listings and there is loads of guest camping tickets { some claiming that you can camp backstage which is a load of rubbish } although none actually show a photograph of a ticket { the adverts for normal ticket holders do show the ticket }

Until its clear what he is buying its right to warn him in advance that he may be asked for ID which I have seen happen loads of times as I have walked past the Guest Box Office .

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very muc for your replies guys - this ad did have a photo of three items - a map, a letter and a ticket. I can't read much of what it says but the ticket has, in big red letters at the top, GUEST TICKET, and the letter says at the top 'Guest ticket information', so judging by what you have said as I'll have a ticket I should be able to get in no problem without too many questions.

Great news about the toilets & showers and especially the security. The map is very useful too, cheers!

Thanks very muc for your replies guys - this ad did have a photo of three items - a map, a letter and a ticket. I can't read much of what it says but the ticket has, in big red letters at the top, GUEST TICKET, and the letter says at the top 'Guest ticket information', so judging by what you have said as I'll have a ticket I should be able to get in no problem without too many questions.

Great news about the toilets & showers and especially the security. The map is very useful too, cheers!

I wish you luck - I am busy trying to rearrange things as the WBC Coaches are leaving seven hours before they were supposed to.

Lucky enough because of the far better drainage at Latitude it tends not to get like a mud bath that happens at Glasto so although it may be wet { for some of the time } its highly unlikely it will get that bad.

I have never seen a Guest Ticket although I have seen lots of people queuing up trying to get a wrist band - If I am working in that area I get mine direct from the promoter.

Its a good event although very rarely do I have time to see anything.

Brian

Got my wristband today..."Arena Crew"...ooo.

Not the performers one like last year though. Damn. Even though I am performing, whats that about?

From what I understand, this gives access to the Guest campsite. But not the performers area, behind the comedy tent...is that right?

And what's the "crew" camping...is that the same area as performers camping?

Got my wristband today..."Arena Crew"...ooo.

Not the performers one like last year though. Damn. Even though I am performing, whats that about?

From what I understand, this gives access to the Guest campsite. But not the performers area, behind the comedy tent...is that right?

And what's the "crew" camping...is that the same area as performers camping?

There is various "crew" camping areas hidden within the site but you need a specific pass to enter each area.

Sure a crew Pass will get you on the access Road but once you reach the Gates they will be looking for photo ID on entry or exit.

Taking the information you have supplied it does appear that they have issued you with the wrong wristband but this is something you would have to take up with Festival Republic.

Normally a Crew wristband would not be issued to a Performer.

Once you get to the Arena the only advantage is that you can enter before the Arena opens although you require a additional pass to enter the non public areas.

Brian

Well, I am all packed and ready to go !

Weather looks like it might be a bit of a let down but will not let it dampen our spirits !

Hope you all have a great weekend and see you on the other side.

Latitude has much better drainage than Glasto so even if it gets wet its highly unlikely you will see a mud bath

I have worked it every year it has been on and most of the time the rain has not been a problem - enjoy yourself

brian

Latitude Festival Goers-

Future Cinema cordially invites you to celebrate the joyful union of Zare Destanov & Afrodita Karambolo!

Sunday 19th July – 11.30 PM – Film & Music Tent.

Join us for the biggest Gypsy wedding of the festival and a unique live experience of Emir Kusturica’s cult classic ‘Black Cat, White Cat’, featuring legendary 14-piece Gypsy orchestra Taraf de Haidouks!

With music, dancing, short films by Future Shorts and a screening of the film, ‘Black Cat, White Cat’.

This is the wedding to top all weddings, and the party to end the festival.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship…

http://www.futurecinema.co.uk/blackcatwhitecat/

http://www.latitudefestival.co.uk

Latitude Festival Goers-

Future Cinema cordially invites you to celebrate the joyful union of Zare Destanov & Afrodita Karambolo!

Sunday 19th July – 11.30 PM – Film & Music Tent.

Join us for the biggest Gypsy wedding of the festival and a unique live experience of Emir Kusturica’s cult classic ‘Black Cat, White Cat’, featuring legendary 14-piece Gypsy orchestra Taraf de Haidouks!

With music, dancing, short films by Future Shorts and a screening of the film, ‘Black Cat, White Cat’.

This is the wedding to top all weddings, and the party to end the festival.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship…

http://www.futurecinema.co.uk/blackcatwhitecat/

http://www.latitudefestival.co.uk

hell yes, i shall not miss that. Taraf are incredible.

for another recommendation 9pm-ish on thursday in film and music tent. Patti Plinko and her Boy. Incredible! :O

the ever so wonderful gooma on the official latitude forums has gone and done it again

http://ulteriormotive.co.uk/wp-content/upl.../CLASHGUIDE.pdf

a printable guide for the whole weekend - it came in very useful last year as you only get set times in the official guide and its a bit of pain to carry round with you all the time

the ever so wonderful gooma on the official latitude forums has gone and done it again

http://ulteriormotive.co.uk/wp-content/upl.../CLASHGUIDE.pdf

a printable guide for the whole weekend - it came in very useful last year as you only get set times in the official guide and its a bit of pain to carry round with you all the time

Excellent work :lol:

It'll be my first Latitude this year!! Really looking forward to it.

Problem is we'll be arriving on the Saturday (Off to Kasabian Friday!!!), How full does the camping area get? Will we get a space ok around midday saturday?

Glastonburys a nightmare on the thursday, hoping it's more chilled and not so over sold.

It'll be my first Latitude this year!! Really looking forward to it.

Problem is we'll be arriving on the Saturday (Off to Kasabian Friday!!!), How full does the camping area get? Will we get a space ok around midday saturday?

Glastonburys a nightmare on the thursday, hoping it's more chilled and not so over sold.

Although I work at Latitude so have never camped in the ticket holders area on my rambles they did not look as cramped as Glasto or Reading.

I have seen tents spaced out wide enough you could park a car in between them although you would be wise to get your wrist band and then have a wander around the camping areas - I have a map at

http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/LAT_O9_sitemap_17.pdf

and if there is two of you one could claim the space and the other dive back for the gear.

Its a lot more laid back than Glasto or Reading and you should enjoy it.

Lucky enough I should be onsite around 1 pm tomorrow { although I think the public cant get in before 2 pm } which is claimed should be dry - { well dry at times }

Hope you enjoy it

Thank you Gooma for the Clashguide, superb work. If i knew who you were I'd buy you a cider. That programme they had last year was a phonebook, completely impractical, however informative. They should really do a lanyard style guide a la Glasto 9an give us a programme free while I'm moaning!)

I too am concerned about the wind. Rain is not a problem. I now have a big of a big tent bought cheaply from Argoose and therefore not the strongest of stature. Already got a bit of a rip down one seam. I am off to get some industrial strength gaffer tape. Anyone got any other tips?

Guys.

Does anyone know whether there will be tickets on the door tomorrow? Or anyone who has a spare ticket or two they've not managed to shift.. Me and a friend are driving down purely because seetickets is saying 'pay on the door' where it should normally say 'order' so I assumed that meant they might have day tickets availiable for sale...?

If anyone knows that would be FAB.

Latitude has surpassed itself. The "VIP party" was one of the best-executed practical jokes I have ever witnessed. Anyone who paid £10 for a glass of "champagne" must be feeling very foolish now. And as for those who were lucky enough to be selected for the "VVVVIP area" - probably best not to admit to that one!

The whole exercise should provide psychologists and sociologists with rich pickings for many years to come. Humans, apparently, will do anything to kid others that they are part of a high-flying elite.

Latitude has surpassed itself. The "VIP party" was one of the best-executed practical jokes I have ever witnessed. Anyone who paid £10 for a glass of "champagne" must be feeling very foolish now. And as for those who were lucky enough to be selected for the "VVVVIP area" - probably best not to admit to that one!

The whole exercise should provide psychologists and sociologists with rich pickings for many years to come. Humans, apparently, will do anything to kid others that they are part of a high-flying elite.

I'm intrigued. What was this about?

yer, if the stage is sponsored by efestivals then gottsta let it slide :)

I'd never even thought about this one, just read the thom yorke setlist, the radiohead fan inside of me wants to bitchslap silly the fool on the outside that missed this one!

Damn right. Oh my life he was beyond-words good.