Latitude 2009

The Beard

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Any others who have been before know if there is any differences in the campsites ?

I know that Latitude can be a little more sedate than other festies and we are going a s abig bunch of lads.

I have never unsderstood people moaning they cant sleep at festivals but where would be best for us to go ? The last thing we want to do is ruin someone elses weekend (Just a bit of noise and High Jinks) nothing violent !

Hi Guys,

Any others who have been before know if there is any differences in the campsites ?

I know that Latitude can be a little more sedate than other festies and we are going a s abig bunch of lads.

I have never unsderstood people moaning they cant sleep at festivals but where would be best for us to go ? The last thing we want to do is ruin someone elses weekend (Just a bit of noise and High Jinks) nothing violent !

I think yellow was probably the busiest, green being the most sedate!!!

Sorry if anyone has already asked this, but how strict are they on ID?

Like, I'm 17 but the only form of ID I have is my passport and I'm not too keen on bringing that to a festival.

Will I be able to get away with no ID?

Oh and I don't mean this in the case of buying alcohol, I just mean getting in to the festival as under 16s have to be supervised by an over 18 person

Edited by eyeswideshut92

tricky added to the uncut

i'll definatly be there for that

after all my big build up for returning to glasto, latitude got a little left behind for mr this year.

but im strating to get seriously excited about it now

roll on the 16th

tricky added to the uncut

i'll definatly be there for that

after all my big build up for returning to glasto, latitude got a little left behind for mr this year.

but im strating to get seriously excited about it now

roll on the 16th

Yeah me too.Glastonbury seems a distant memory now and need another festival fix! Tricky's a good addition hopefully get to see him if he doesn't clash with anything.Talking of clashes anybody know if stage times are around yet?

Yeah me too.Glastonbury seems a distant memory now and need another festival fix! Tricky's a good addition hopefully get to see him if he doesn't clash with anything.Talking of clashes anybody know if stage times are around yet?

theres a fella on the official latitude forums (monkeyfish i think his name is) that is putting together a clashfinder based on last years set times and myspace confirmations http://bugs.rdmsoft.com/latitude/

he's said he'll update it once the official site has the setimes up!!

Ours came yesterday morning :P

Anyone applied for Radio 4 tickets and heard anything?

I've put in for Now Show ones on the Thursday...

I have worked at Latitude every year it has been on and normally the BBC have a ticket stall just as you walk over the bridge although this gets very busy just as the arena opens each day. { its on the right just outside the Literary tent and you cant miss it }

Lucky enough my pass can get me in before the arena opens so I know how hectic it can be - its like a small London marathon.

I have never had the time to investigate what tickets they were offering but its well worth a try.

Hi all, just ordered my Latitude ticket the other day and am really looking forward to it :P

To those in the know - is there an eFest camp this year? I'm on my own so would be good to join it!

Anyone know much about the VIP area? Just bought a ticket for there on ebay, and am wondering what to expect. The ad said better showers/toilets, private bar, closer to the car park - it's my first camping festival experience (have only done single days in the past) so thought this might be a relatively peaceful one to ease myself in gradually!

Anyone know much about the VIP area? Just bought a ticket for there on ebay, and am wondering what to expect. The ad said better showers/toilets, private bar, closer to the car park - it's my first camping festival experience (have only done single days in the past) so thought this might be a relatively peaceful one to ease myself in gradually!

This will be my 3rd year with a VIP tkt. It's quite chilled - you can get a shower easily if you're camping - loos are OK although I'm happy to use the drops when I'm on site. We always B & B off site and the main advantages are that you can nip on and offsite easily as parking is a synch and you can get in the dry in the VIP area bar if it's raining.

Enjoy the festival - it's beautiful!

I do know about the Latitude Guest Area although I am a bit mystified as to what you have bought.

Normally a person is placed on the Guest List's and they are sent a letter that has to be produced at the Guest Box Office entry point where they have to show ID that has to match the details held by the Guest Box Office.

If it all matches up they are issued a Guest wrist pass.

The Letter explains where you enter and where you park { yellow gate 1 }

http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/LAT_O9_sitemap_16-2.pdf

By the way the Guest Box Office does not open until 5 pm Thursday although the carpark will be open before that.

Most of the advert is true although as I work for the Company that runs all the bars I would not describe it as a private Bar its a guest bar where you will be charged for drinks. { Normally a Private bar means its a free Bar - say if you book tickets on a helicopter to Glastonbury they may run a limited private bar }

The guest Bar may stay open longer than all Public bars but this varies every night depending on demand.

Showers and toilets are better than normal ticket holders but not as good as crew camping and your pass will not allow you into those areas.

The best advantage is the Guest area is far more secure than the normal camping area.

If I was you I would double check all the details before you hand over any money .

I have worked in the guest area so I know how many checks are made before a person can enter - if the seller is selling a invite but have not cleared it with Festival Republic there is bound to be problems.

see http://www.latitudefestival.co.uk/eventinf...px?id=394#body3

Fan-to-fan ticket resale

via http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/F...estival-Tickets

a weekend normal camping is selling for £ 94 { and upwards } and at least once you have the ticket no one is going to ask for ID.

Good luck.