Neil Young for Friday?

Guest eFestivals

Regards Young and Springsteen not being one for the kids, there's not many new bands ready for the slot I don't think. The ones mentioned who might such as franz and kaisers are both confirmed and strong rumour respectively so I'm guessing there could be a strong undercard in that sense unless either are other stage headliners to which the kids will be provided for aswell.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regards Young and Springsteen not being one for the kids, there's not many new bands ready for the slot I don't think. The ones mentioned who might such as franz and kaisers are both confirmed and strong rumour respectively so I'm guessing there could be a strong undercard in that sense unless either are other stage headliners to which the kids will be provided for aswell.

I imagine if the headliners are Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Blur they will advertise it (as previously mentioned, i think, by emily eavis) as 'double headliners, with the likes of Franz ferdinand, Kaiser Cheifs and Razorlight playing 2nd from top.

I have respect for Neil Young (mainly though my dad playing it as a child), but when i saw him at Rock Werchter last year i was bored, and trundled off.

As for Kaiser Chiefs, i pray to god there not playing (i know i can be anywhere else) but there mere existance offends me far too much, i think they are possibly the worst band i have ever heard.

Well it's certainly a set of headliners that you won't see anywhere else!

I was hoping to be wandering around aimlessly by the time the headliners were on experiencing other things, but i think the draw of these three would be too great.

Hopefully Blur will play other festivals so at least my Sunday night can be spent somewhere strange!

I imagine if the headliners are Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Blur they will advertise it (as previously mentioned, i think, by emily eavis) as 'double headliners, with the likes of Franz ferdinand, Kaiser Cheifs and Razorlight playing 2nd from top.

I have respect for Neil Young (mainly though my dad playing it as a child), but when i saw him at Rock Werchter last year i was bored, and trundled off.

As for Kaiser Chiefs, i pray to god there not playing (i know i can be anywhere else) but there mere existance offends me far too much, i think they are possibly the worst band i have ever heard.

Christ, if it turns out to be Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Blur on the main stage then im going have to set my tent up in the front of the Pyramid.

Those three potential headliners are just jaw dropping IMO.

Edited by Petewasbristol

Wow. Neil Young and Blur? Have I done something ever so good recently to deserve this?

Saying that if I have to stand through a double-headliner Kaisery sort of affair to get a prime location for Blur I suppose it's a little bit of a mixed blessing... Not that anything can actually spoil this hopeful joy!

Looks like I might be spending a little more time at the Pyramid than I expected or usually would... My fingers are so firmly crossed all this is true!

I could see Neil Young perhaps doing the sunday afternoon slot as the friday headliners are usually a bit more lively. But i still do want to see him so i would probably watch him anyway.

My info - which I can't 100% verify as correct, but I believe to be correct - is that he's defo the Friday headliner.

I know what you mean about the Friday headliner normally being more lively - that idea put me off the scent of Young for nearly two weeks.

But still, me in front of the Pyramid on a Friday night - I'm not sure I've done that for over 20 years. I've not seen Neil Young, so it'd take a massive personal draw on a another stage to have me miss him. ;)

Although the Shakemeister has clearly had a long and critically acclaimed career with a cadre of musician geeks singing his praises, he is an insufferable arsehole and as for his fans, well im afraid you lot are also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiIsIE8iT28.

I don't get the whole "he's a legend" thing at all with this guy. He won't play any of the half-dozen choons I know by him at Glasters. It'll be a complete snoozefest unless youre one of his legion of insufferable arsehole fraternity of fans listening to his creepy warble cooing along. He has no record of crowd pleasing to speak of. Either youre a Shakey fan or youre not. And for me I just can't get past the vocal style. It is shit.

neil young on friday - hmmmm i was hoping for kasabain, but you cant really go wrong with a legend like neil young - there would have to be somehing else amazing for me to miss him

I don't get the whole "he's a legend" thing at all with this guy. He won't play any of the half-dozen choons I know by him at Glasters. It'll be a complete snoozefest unless youre one of his legion of insufferable arsehole fraternity of fans listening to his creepy warble cooing along. He has no record of crowd pleasing to speak of. Either youre a Shakey fan or youre not. And for me I just can't get past the vocal style. It is shit.

And as for the Kaisers? They are everything that is repetitive, one dimensional and wrong about British music today.