Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Desperate Romantics all over now...so have downloaded it for the next month from the IPlayer! :D

Annoyingly missed out on yoinking the Rick Stein series...

Happily back watching Neighbours...shameful I know...got back into it in Oz and its caught up with when I left 3 months ago. :wacko:

The Fixer - I really liked the first series, and thought for ITV it was a good drama. But I cant make my mind up about last night's episode. Why the scene where John was jogging with the backpack on and the "banging soundtrack" - it just came across as very very corny. He isnt Jack Bauer FFS!!

Oh, and ITV - if you are going to broadcast your flagship autumn drama on ITVHD, it might be a good idea to shoot it in HD, and not in grainy grittyvision.

Jamie goes to disneyland (or whatever its called?) as much as I find him an irritating c**t - I do like cooking programmes, and I love america - but after half an hour I went to bed, I was hoping for real americana - not Jamie In Tha Hood. dunno if I'll go back to it.

Edited by the_frame

Jamie goes to disneyland (or whatever its called?) as much as I find him an irritating c**t - I do like cooking programmes, and I love america - but after half an hour I went to bed, I was hoping for real americana - not Jamie In Tha Hood. dunno if I'll go back to it.

i thought that was pretty gid. not a fan of mexican food like, but it was a good watch. next weeks should be better, set on a ranch.

I downloaded and watched almost the whole series of "You have Been Watching" last night, I f**king loved it, its basically screenwipe with a panel - still very much about brooker, but I dont have a problem with that because I love Charlie Brooker. and on every single episode there is someone on the panel that I really liked. I think it should be on weekly myself.

I am one of the few people I know who cannot STAND Shooting Stars. Weird really, because I usually like puerile humour, but Vic and Bob are simply not funny in the slightest.

Nah, you are not alone. I thought it was funny when it first started, all for one episode. Vic Reeves is just embarrasing and Matt Lucas is far better than to be on such a pretentious c**t of a show. Not funny although I would still have a go on Ulrika...

I've found myself watching the real housewives of New Jersey, I am pretty sure that some scenes are 'created for entertainment purposes' but I find watching (with a perplexed look on my face) the spectacle of watching slightly scarily 80's style throwbacks, who sound like Janice from friends quite fascinating .

anyone watch "102 minutes that changed america" the other night?

I thought it was incredible, and very tastefully made - they could have shown 30 different angles of the planes hitting and the towers falling, but they kept it very low key, and kept it very real. I was impressed.

reminded me of the good old days when C4 actually made programmes instead of broadcasting 12 w*nkers washing their feet and crying for 200 hours a year.

Edited by the_frame

I've somehow watched 4 seasons of How I Met Your Mother in 2 weeks. Not especially funny, entertaining or anything like that, but incredibly watchable. There are also some truly epic 'pick up' scenes in it too.

haaaaaaaaaaaave you met Ted?...

anyone watch "102 minutes that changed america" the other night?

I thought it was incredible, and very tastefully made - they could have shown 30 different angles of the planes hitting and the towers falling, but they kept it very low key, and kept it very real. I was impressed.

I watched this last year when it was on, it must have been shown on the anniversary i presume?

very good to see it unfold from the views of different people

in contrast to last weeks programme, I thought this weeks Jamie Oliver in America was absolutely brilliant telly. really enjoyed it, those cowboys are right hard bastards arent they?

couldnt be any more different. i thought last weeks was much better. with more cooking.

thought the bit in the shop where the woman gave him that legal high was quality!