Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

anyone on here watch brotherhood?

Just started watching it because it was on the on-demand service, and noticed it was made by showtime (dexter, weeds, californication, sleeper cell) so checked it out. Is about two brothers and their links to the organised crime in Providence. Have only seen a few episodes so far but have really enjoyed it so far.

shooting stars was brilliant! bring it back for a new series.

i thought they would have had better guests, but it was still top. i love it. :)

The first hour had me demanding that it should be brought back, then the actual show had me hastily take back what I'd said. Was alright enough, but if that was the best they could do for a one-off, I wouldn't want to see a full series.

Working my way through The Sopranos. Not a good idea to start watching during exam revision time.

Also, the 8th season of Scrubs starts tonight in America for anyone interested.

It's confirmed that JD, Carla and the writer/director leave after this season.

The first hour had me demanding that it should be brought back, then the actual show had me hastily take back what I'd said. Was alright enough, but if that was the best they could do for a one-off, I wouldn't want to see a full series.

+1 completely.

a very good advert for quitting while you are ahead.

some of the old stuff had me crying with laughter, they really should have shown the hernia society clip in the "best of" bits, one of my fave moments ever. and vic and bob were gods in their heyday.

Edited by t8yman

Woo hoo, another series of Oz and James.

It must be great to get paid for going round and getting drunk all summer. Loved the idea of the train station pub crawl!

I saw them at Worcester Beer Festival in August filming this show. Here is my mate Rich posing for a Footballer's Handshake with Mr May at the said event:

n846290576_3925713_3854.jpg

I Sky +'d last nights episode - I'll watch it tonight I think.

I saw them at Worcester Beer Festival in August filming this show. Here is my mate Rich posing for a Footballer's Handshake with Mr May at the said event:

I Sky +'d last nights episode - I'll watch it tonight I think.

Brilliant. The man's a legend!

I believe they visit a micro brewery up my way (near Fraserburgh) at some point during the series.

Brilliant. The man's a legend!

I believe they visit a micro brewery up my way (near Fraserburgh) at some point during the series.

James May actually seemed a bit grumpy that day (hung over maybe?!).

Oz on the other hand was hilarious - a really lovely guy.

Ale - a subject close to my heart.

Cheers for the heads up on this one, me and the Mrs have been enjoying it. We're up to ep 7 so far. I didn't think I'd enjoy a biker show, but this has had us gripped and got us through the boredom of been stuck in bed with the flu.

We've just finished series 1 of HBO's True Blood http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/ and that's been great entertainment. It's set in Louisiana in a society where vampires are out in the open and campaigning for equal rights there's some great plots/relationships in there as well a fair bit of gore.

I assume The Wire has already been mentioned in this thread, but The Wire creators' take on the war in Iraq "Generation Kill" is definitely worth a watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995832/

Other stuff I've enjoyed that I've not seen mentioned have been Weeds, Deadwood and Battlestar Gallactica....Bring on The new year for the rest of Season 4!

Thanks for the heads up on Generation Kill we have just finished episode 3 of season 1 and we are gripped it is a great show, Really surprised as I usually don't do war stuff but this is funny and great drama at the same time, I only watched it as it was the people behind The wire which is fantastic and this is shaping up to be really good highly recommended.

I only watched it as it was the people behind The wire which is fantastic

That's how I came across it. Although I didn't constantly feel like giving Ray (Ziggy from the Wire) a a slap round the chops in this prog though :blink:

It completely gripped me and I watched the whole series within a few days, there's some pretty heavy stuff in there and it seems like no-one has a clue what's going on half the time. I think I'm going to get "Rolling Stone's" book next time I put in an Amazon order so I can get more of his perspective.

I'm Oscar Mike to my bed

• 5 weeks later...

That was tonight's episode.

No wonder he didn't look happy, he lost the brewing competition.

Its a very amusing series. Great banter!

Anyone watched 'Pushing Daisies' with Anna Friel?It's on the on demand part of V+ and i've watched the first four episode's of series 1 and thought it was quite interesting.Kristin Chenoweth is in it :rolleyes::lol::P .I love that woman.

Pushing daises is a good and very quirky show. But as expected probably because of its quirkiness its been cancelled at the end of season 2.

As for what Im personally watching, Im trying to cut down on the number of series that I watch/collect on dvd. Out of what is currently showing on TV I watch 24, Lost, Supernatural, Heroes, Sarah Connor Chronicles. Sitcoms; Not Going Out is pretty much the only comedy show I watch, shame there isnt more like it.

I'm enjoying "Being Human". The basic concept - a warewolf, a vampire and a ghost sharing a flat - reminds me a bit of rentaghost or some such, but it's rather amusing and ironic. I doubt it has much in the way of legs mind.

Moses Jones is okay too. I only watched it to see the new Doctor Who in action (I think he'll handle the difficulties of looking slightly odd and shouting "run" into the camera) but I'm actually enjoying it.

That bird in it is the worst actress on tv. I don't remember seeing acting as bad as that anywhere!

true, but she has other redeeming features :lol:

the Lee Mack written script is quality.

Im also enjoying being human a lot too. One of the few decent UK based dramas imo.

Anyone watched 'Pushing Daisies' with Anna Friel?It's on the on demand part of V+ and i've watched the first four episode's of series 1 and thought it was quite interesting.Kristin Chenoweth is in it :lol::):) .I love that woman.

ITV ruined that for themselves. Started showing it 11 weeks before Euro 2008, with 12 episodes to show. Instead of having a double episode week, they just didn't show the second episode.

Sopranos still.

Scene where Junior sings at the end of season 3 is one of the most beautifully shot scenes I've seen.

We played a drinking game to Masterchef before going out last week. Drink whenever Greg or John overly exaggerate something. A few more rules and it'd be up there with the Soccer Saturday one.

I'm really enjoying Being Human, proper Sunday evening telly to sit & chill in front of.

Saw Pushing Daisies for the first time the other day, didn't have a clue what on earth was going on but it looked brilliant. Reminded me a lot of Glastonbury :lol:

+ 1 for being human, the werewolf is my favourite, I just like what seems to be his slightly 'put on' well spoken voice.

Pushing Daisies seems like a hyper fairy tale, very much in the vein of the wizard of Oz - not managed to catch the second series, which is a bit pants but will probably try and get a dvd if they release it.

Anyone catch madmen last night I have recorded it but was wondering what the verdict was?