Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

;) Oh get you, I'm such a silly sod... :P

thats rich coming from someone who just searched google for danny dyer topless ;)

I just searched 'Danny Dyer' and that was one of the images that there was

and a what the f*ck is wrong with you to CBC for his Danny Dyer fetish.

Stuart here likes southern accents. Just like the typical West Ham fan Mr Dyer here has. I find that a little strange

Just ordered this.

I remember Worm saying that television was for the stupid. I can only assume he's never watched the Wire.

Let me know if it's any good. I read The Corner earlier in the year and am reading Homicide at the moment, enjoying both. There another book coming out on The Wire from the Guardian later this year based on the esisode by episode blogs they've done, might be worth a read.

Let me know if it's any good. I read The Corner earlier in the year and am reading Homicide at the moment, enjoying both. There another book coming out on The Wire from the Guardian later this year based on the esisode by episode blogs they've done, might be worth a read.

On that Amazon page, you can read the first few chapters yourself, I think!

Watched Flash Forward last night (having V+'d it Monday). I have to say, while I liked the concept, I struggled to take the show seriously for a few reasons...

1) The "Five" logo in the corner (may have to download the rest, I can't take a show on Channel 5 seriously)

2) Seth MacFarlane being in it, in what seems like a serious role, but all I hear when he speaks is Brian from Family Guy

3) Harold, from Harold and Kumar being in it makes me giggle too.

4) The guy from Coupling being in it

Essentially I can't take it seriously because of all the actors I know best for their comedy work filling serious roles, and therefore unintentionally making me laugh.

we watched it tuesday night. I think Lost fans will like it, but I have a sneaky feeling I will not. The biggest killer for me was that they are selling it as "from the people who brought you lost" and the writers were the exact reason I stopped watching lost.

The concept is interesting, but where they go with it could be the problem for me.

Watched Flash Forward last night (having V+'d it Monday). I have to say, while I liked the concept, I struggled to take the show seriously for a few reasons...

1) The "Five" logo in the corner (may have to download the rest, I can't take a show on Channel 5 seriously)

2) Seth MacFarlane being in it, in what seems like a serious role, but all I hear when he speaks is Brian from Family Guy

3) Harold, from Harold and Kumar being in it makes me giggle too.

4) The guy from Coupling being in it

Essentially I can't take it seriously because of all the actors I know best for their comedy work filling serious roles, and therefore unintentionally making me laugh.

and you didnt even have to mention the milf guy :angry:

So I'm going to actually hand over my hard earned shekels for the series one box set of Dollhouse.

Any good? The reviews on the Internet look good.

Don't give up until after episode 6. Like every other decent thing Whedon's done, networks made him write additional episodes to put in before that. 6 is in effect his pilot ep, and where it gets good.

So I'm going to actually hand over my hard earned shekels for the series one box set of Dollhouse.

Any good? The reviews on the Internet look good.

I quite enjoyed it, except for the last episode which is essentially just filler.

For what it's worth I tended to dislike most of Whedons other work.

Thanks Sifi on my list for christmas, I am in the middle of Homicide still I have put it to one side to read drivel but that look excellent :D

homicide any good? know it's based on David Simon books aswell, set in baltimore etc...how's it compare to the wire? is it more episodic, a murder and closure each episode or more a continous thing?

today I am NCIS-ing. I watched the new episodes of Bones and Criminal Minds last night

Bones was a bit weak considering the two fantastic episodes at the start of the season, Criminal Minds was fantastic and more than made up for the weak start last week

homicide any good? know it's based on David Simon books aswell, set in baltimore etc...how's it compare to the wire? is it more episodic, a murder and closure each episode or more a continous thing?

It's not fiction Ralph, he was with the Balitmore please for a year I think and the book is about his experience, there are lots of cases he talks about but it isn't a case of this is the story, here are the players and this is the outcome. So far it is really good, very interesting look at the police and the criminals but I am only three quarters of the way thru and it has been hard going at times, But I think in the end it will have been worth it :D

It's not fiction Ralph, he was with the Balitmore please for a year I think and the book is about his experience, there are lots of cases he talks about but it isn't a case of this is the story, here are the players and this is the outcome. So far it is really good, very interesting look at the police and the criminals but I am only three quarters of the way thru and it has been hard going at times, But I think in the end it will have been worth it :D

ah sorry, I thought you were referring to being halfway through "homicide: life on the street"; seven series show based on the Simon Book...