Bestival 2009

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lily Allen joins our line up & becomes our Fancy Dress judge, plus more acts announced...

plus all these new additions...

A DJ set from Orbital / La Roux / Jack Penate / Music from The Penguin Cafe / The Big Pink / Just Jack / Crazy P / Esser / Annie Nightingale / Tinchy Stryder / Frankmusik / Maps / Filthy Dukes / Lucky Elephant / The Pretty Things / Chase & Status Ft. Takura, MC Rage & Plan B / Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele / They Came From The Stars I Saw Them / Baddies / DJ Food / Tru Thoughts 10th Birthday with Robert Luis Ft. Kinny & Lizzy Parks (Acoustic) / Caspa / Cagedbaby (DJ Set) / Russ Cuban / Gaz's Rockin Blues / Ou Est Le Swimming Pool / Dinosaur Pile Up / Wave Machines / Coopers Rage / Cordelier Club / Man Like Me / The Dawn Chorus / Workhouse / Delphic / Fight Like Apes / George Pringle / Goldielocks / Laura Izibor / Riva Starr / Rox / Speech Debelle / The Shutes / Tommy Sparks / The Qemists / Newchurch Male Voice Choir / Beat Boutique / Brian Monaco (Kitchen Party) / 2020 Sound System / The Bloody Beetroots / Coki / DJ Charge / Kry Wolf / Plastician / Tim Boogaloo / DJ Dan (Propaganda) / Price (DPR Recordings)

plus one more amazing headliner coming soon...

Please check the Artsits section of this website for the full line up so far, complete with biographies and photos of (almost) all the artists...

Rob da Bank has the lo-down on the new announcement...

"Lily Allen chipped up at Bestival 2006 just as she was becoming massive, donned a rabbit fancy dress outfit with massive pink ears, completely nailed the crowd and hung out all weekend having fun. So I'm delighted she's coming back to do all it again with another brilliant number one album under her belt. Not only that but she's also going to judge all your outfits before you even arrive in our new Outer Space Fancy Dress Comp!

I've grown up with Orbital's anthems from 'Chime' to 'Belfast' and I can't wait to see the brothers Hartnoll DJ on the main stage and I'll be wearing my laser specs in honour. And La Roux, Jack Penate, The Penguin Cafe and The Big Pink are all non stop on the da Bank jukebox at the moment so I'm well pleased to be welcoming all of them to Bestival too.

See ya down the front!"

outer space fancy dress competition:

Anyone who saw her Bestival 2006 set will know that Lily loves a bit of fancy dress, so we’re over the moon that she's not only going to sing her heart out for you but she's also agreed to a harebrained scheme that we've cooked up for all the Bestival fancy dress aficionados out there...

So many of you spend so long making your outfits, having fancy dress meetings and swapping tips online that we thought Lily would make a great judge of your creations. So starting next month (April) we'll be running a monthly online competition for the best Outer Space outfits. Simply email a picture of you in your outfit to fancydress@bestival.net and we'll post the best 5 on this website with Lily picking a winner each month who’ll win a special prize and after 6 months the overall winner, as judged by Lily, will win a lifetime’s supply of tickets to Bestival. So get designing! We can’t wait!!

And to add to our dressing up delights at Bestival this year we will also have Pimp My Outfit! Located in our infamous Dressing Up area there will be accessories galore available from our fancy dress helpers to Pimp Your Outfit – so there's no excuse to be shabby this year!

Edited by Paul ™

I guess Orbital have exclusivity clauses in their contracts with other festivals they are playing and the DJ set is a way of getting over that....

Anyway, who cares Orbital DJ set followed by Kraftwerk is immense.... Apparently Bestival tickets are selling well.....

hi all

my first year going to bestival this year

i was just wondering what time everything starts and ends generaly

i dont know that much about it to be honest

just been told its a fun friendly atmosphere

eFestivals has just received the following from Orbital's press officer:-

"Despite recent news from Bestival HQ, the sonic time-lords Orbital will not be appearing at the event performing a DJ set.

The bands agent has simply said, “…due to other live commitments Orbital will not be able to confirm playing a DJ set at Bestival”."