Bestival 2009

Guest SharonStoned

Am sure that will be fine, but as with most festivals you won't get much choice on camping spot but I guess would be fine with a reasonable sized tent.

My questin for the regulars is about fancy dress: do you wear it ALL weekend, if so do you take different outfits or just stay in the same smelly one?!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard reports of horrendous traffic - they're only diddy country roads so back up real quick.

If you are an early riser you can go Monday morning, best to be up and about at 7am, pack up & be off site by 7.30 & on the ferry for 8.30. They're ok about you boarding one that you're not booked on at this time in the morning so the traffic doesn't build up so book yourself on one around that time & you'll be ok.

If you don't think you will manage getting up this early you'll be best leaving Sunday night.

Hey Sharon...hope you don't mind answering a few similar leaving time questions (you seem to be in the know)! I'm booked with red funnel Ferries for 10am - is it realisitc to make this one from the site (we have no car so will be reliant on the shuttle buses that they provide. I'm totally fine with getting up early on a Monday after a festival, this glastonbury we managed to get up at 5.30, but if things aren't moving then I guess there's no point?!

The only reason I ask is because this Glastonbury we had a full on nightmare getting back, waiting for the shuttle bus to Bristol for 4 and an half hours! This would be really bad if it happend at Bestival due to the Ferry.

Edited by SharonStoned

Hiya mate. I've heard about the problems getting back from Glastonbury from friends. They had a nightmare too.

Not an expert on Bestival, but been a couple of times so fire away with the questions - will answer them if I can....

Things get backlogged about 10am onwards so get off site before then. Not sure what time the shuttle bus starts but would imagine it's pretty early to get people moving along. Bus takes about 30 minutes from what I can remember.

You'll be fine with the 10 o'clock boat if you're up early. If you get there earlier than that they'll let you on the one that's going anyway (as long as it's not full, but unlikely)

Hello everyone,

This is my first bestival, I have a couple of questions:

If I want to go from Southampton and get there Thursday afternoon, then leave Monday morning, what is my best option for cheap ferry tickets?

Also, does anyone have any idea what acts are playing on each of the days?

I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

This is my first bestival, I have a couple of questions:

If I want to go from Southampton and get there Thursday afternoon, then leave Monday morning, what is my best option for cheap ferry tickets?

Also, does anyone have any idea what acts are playing on each of the days?

I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks!

Damn you all! ;)

What with everyone bestivalbating at glastonbury and getting emails from the mailing list saying that there arent many tickets left...Im seriously considering getting the credit card out and going for it!

*ding ding* Me and a mate just bought tickets to come too :rolleyes: I never made it to the efest meet at glasto this year so maybe see some of you at bestival instead?

Can't wait.... a load of the bands that are playing at bestival I missed at glasto due to clashes/being out of my tree/passed out under the tress.. so looking forward to catching them this time. Never been to bestival before so it should be good! .. Turning up with no expectations is always best way to experience a festival I find.

See you there!