Bestival 2009

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there-Bestival newbie (but not festival newbie) this year!

Have a few ickle questions about stuff. I bought my tickets and I think I bought ferry crossing with them but its unclear. Anyway due to a change of plan we're going in someone else's car-do we need individual tickets for the crossing or will the one for the car suffice?

Also how is security? I'm not the biggest fan of having my bag turned inside out especially when lugging a tent etc as well.

You all seem like rather knowledgable people!

Recently back from Glastonbury, had a fantastic time, I mean it would be difficult not to, then the realisation hits that you are back to the real world and the grind takes over, how depressing.

To cure this I started to research other festivals to go to, after Glastonbury in 2010, researched several and Bestival was our favourite, then had the realisation at the weekend, hold on, we could maybe squeak it this year as well, genius we thought, lets not think of sensible reasons not to go just book the tickets, yeah we said, d'oh.

You know what is coming, that very day the tickets sell out, could not really afford it anyway, so we were taking the "well we will save some money" thoughts from it, however I thought one last effort. No way we can afford tout prices for tickets and would loathe to get one from blood sucking touts in the first place, so a quick, I say quick I seem to have been typing for a while, nonetheless a quick appeal for tickets.

Anyone has two tickets, for face value or a little more, for your trouble, please let me know.

Thanks

:):lol::lol::):D:):):)

Rather optimistically I am now going to ask a question about the site, optimistically as you can see from above I currently do not have a ticket.

I am somewhat obsessed with maps, looking at last years map a couple of things strike me:

1. There is an area marked as 24 hour field, is this really true? I thought you were kicked out back into the camping fields at 03.00AM

2. Is there a nice place sit and enjoy the view of the site and relax, maybe some high ground like flagtopia at Glastonbury?

3. When is a site map likely to be released for this year?

Not long now :D

Anyone travelling down early might be interested in a pre-Bestival meet on the Wednesday night.

There is quite a few of us staying in the Waverly Park where the lovely host is putting on some DJ bloke called Hojo Hits (:)) plus lots of cider :D

Everyone is more than welcome, means an easy trip on the Thursday morning to the site to get set up early :D

Hopefully see some of you there

x

Tickets not usually sent out till a couple of weeks before.

For anyone interested in the Pre Best bash at Waverley park, besides the infamous DJ Hojo Hits the band Bastilla have now been added to the bill. They are on Rob Da Banks label and hail from the fair IOW itself.

The Waverley park bash makes a nice 'gentle' warm up to the main event. The campsite overlooks the sea, there are good hot showers, an outdoor swimming pool and as Paul says there will be sum yummy cider as well. It's pretty inexpensive to camp there, and last year it wasn't that busy, so if you are on the Island on the wednesday, come on down, the band are DJ action are all free ! I'm going just for Hojo Hits :rolleyes:

My friend may be pulling out of going, which means I would be doing the same as I did at Glasto and going semi by myself, which was OK at Glasto but messes up the whole Bestival plan. Tempted not to go even though I really wanted to I can't really afford it ;) Oh I am so annoyed.

My friend may be pulling out of going, which means I would be doing the same as I did at Glasto and going semi by myself, which was OK at Glasto but messes up the whole Bestival plan. Tempted not to go even though I really wanted to I can't really afford it ;) Oh I am so annoyed.

Got me and my friend a ticket in yesterday's resale! :D It was also my birthday so that was a lovely present from Mr Da Bank. Sooooooooooooooo excited!

To those of you still needing tickets, keep your eyes very closely on the official Bestival forums, as there are always people selling at face value as the festival approaches. Also watch Gumtree, as there are tickets on there, too. Mostly overpriced but if you're there at the right time, there are people selling at non-inflated prices.

Don't think i've been so excited about a festival before. My bro's just emmigrated to Australia and i broke up with the mrs this week, so im going all out, full bore, hell for leather etc etc.

Now just need to get that costume sorted...

Got me and my friend a ticket in yesterday's resale! :D It was also my birthday so that was a lovely present from Mr Da Bank. Sooooooooooooooo excited!

To those of you still needing tickets, keep your eyes very closely on the official Bestival forums, as there are always people selling at face value as the festival approaches. Also watch Gumtree, as there are tickets on there, too. Mostly overpriced but if you're there at the right time, there are people selling at non-inflated prices.