Bestival 2009

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy dress day is usually Saturday with most people getting into their gear sometime early Saturday afternoon. A few of the hardcore go for fancy dress all weekend, but they are in the minority. The fancy dress parade is usually late Saturday afternoon eve.

Excellent...I am a definite too!!!

hey Lucy ..... fancy a bet....? :(

I reckon you'll go to Bestival and come back saying it's just sooooooo much better than Glastonbury. And so then say you won't go to Glasto again. And then still go to Glasto. B)

(PS: Bestival is good, but Glasto it ain't .... and if you love it, I'll then point out why you loved it but hate Glasto. And I bet you won't like that reason :P).

Pfffft :lol:

We'll see :lol: It's cost as much that's for sure, what with the ferry... In fact it'll cost more as I've not sorted my journey from Bath to Portsmouth yet.

It's got a lot to live up to in order to fulfil your statement! :lol: Never been before so going with an open mind/heart/wallet (with a moth slowly fluttering out of it) =)

I got tickets from Whitelink... anyone know when/how they send them out? Actually.. there's one thing that's better than Glasto :rolleyes: It only took a few goes to get someone on the end of the phone in order to buy tickets.

See you there and on the MFG!

OK, as Besti regulars will know there is a Pre Bestival party on the Wednesday night before Bestival at Waverley Park Holiday Centre, Cowes Isle Of Wight. Camping is available at the park plus decent showers and a heated outdoor pool (if the weather is good)

Its a fairly low key build up to the main event. Last year it wasn't too busy and there was plenty of camping space, strong cider and fun to be had, and it made a nice gradual entry to get into the Bestival spirit before ambling the few miles down to Robin Hill Country Park. If you're getting to the island early or are from the island and fancy something to do it may be worth popping in.

The event is happening again this year. As far as I understand there won't be any bands playing this time but there will be a bar and music provided by DJ Hojo Hits (who will be well known to Bestival forum regulars) who will spin a few cheesey classics, modern dance tunes, old fashioned rock n roll, folk and Bestival 'faves' plus whatever else he can think of on the night.

So I went last year and had a wonderful time despite the freaky weather conditions!

Wanted to go this year but it's sold out. Gutted! I know it's my own fault but from experience, do folks know if there's likely to be any returns or further tickets made available at any point?

It is to the end of Summer what Glasto is to the start...

So I went last year and had a wonderful time despite the freaky weather conditions!

Wanted to go this year but it's sold out. Gutted! I know it's my own fault but from experience, do folks know if there's likely to be any returns or further tickets made available at any point?