T minus & counting 2019

OG

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, for fucks sake, you can't leave it there. We ALL need to know. What was the score, man? :)

14 hours ago, OG said:

Tell more. A story involving Ron can only be a good one 

The abridged version...

Well, I was over in New York visiting a friend for a wedding. There was 30 odd of us in total, a very eclectic mix of people. At the time, I was under the American legal drinking age so I must have been about 20 so we're talking a good a few years ago. We were staying on a university campus as our friend worked there and we just had an entire hall of residence to ourselves. A short walk away were a few bars. Now, clearly the bar staff knew some of us were underage but being outside of the city and so close to a university they weren't particularly bothered. After we had been there a while (we stayed for three weeks) the staff recognised us and one night they produced a bottle of 151 from behind the bar. Now, 151 for those who don't know it, it pretty potent. At the time, I didn't know/appreciate this. We ended up doing dares with the staff and the 'reward' was shots of 151. 

After several of these on top of a few hours drinking we made the decision to head back. Apparently, I called into a McDonald's on the way home and insisted on high fiving everyone including a couple of gun carrying dodgy characters. Luckily for me, they all found it amusing, to the degree of when I went back a few days later I was called the "funny English guy". 

Anyway, after getting near home and an incident on an army assault course (another story in itself), our eyes set upon the glory of the all American yellow school bus. We ambled over, with no real sense of purpose and imagine our surprise when we pressed a button and the door swung open. Around 10 of us clambered on and there on the dashboard was the key!!!! 

Now I would never drive after a drink, but we were on private land and we were the only people staying there. However, disappointment awaited us as the key was padlocked to the steering wheel and the chain was an inch or so too short to reach the ignition. Despite numerous tries no one could open the padlock, which retrospectively was probably for the best, however we had come so far we couldn't fail now. So we made the decision that we'd take the handbrake off and push...

Now I don't know if you've ever tried to push a bus but it's no easy task. Between us we managed to move it about 50 metres and all managed to get pictures 'driving' it.

The amusement came in the morning when we awoke to the university janitor talking to one of the more elderly people we were with about how confused he was. Apparently, his bus wasn't were he left it... :)

Edited by vintagelaureate
Grammar
  • Upvote 3

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

The abridged version...

Well, I was over in New York visiting a friend for a wedding. There was 30 odd of us in total, a very eclectic mix of people. At the time, I was under the American legal drinking age so I must have been about 20 so we're talking a good a few years ago. We were staying on a university campus as our friend worked there and we just had an entire hall of residence to ourselves. A short walk away were a few bars. Now, clearly the bar staff knew some of us were underage but being outside of the city and so close to a university they weren't particularly bothered. After we had been there a while (we stayed for three weeks) the staff recognised us and one night they produced a bottle of 151 from behind the bar. Now, 151 for those who don't know it, it pretty potent. At the time, I didn't know/appreciate this. We ended up doing dares with the staff and the 'reward' was shots of 151. 

After several of these on top of a few hours drinking we made the decision to head back. Apparently, I called into a McDonald's on the way home and insisted on high fiving everyone including a couple of gun carrying dodgy characters. Luckily for me, they all found it amusing, to the degree of when I went back a few days later I was called the "funny English guy". 

Anyway, after getting near home and an incident on an army assault course (another story in itself), our eyes set upon the glory of the all American yellow school bus. We ambled over, with no real sense of purpose and imagine our surprise when we pressed a button and the door swung open. Around 10 of us clambered on and there on the dashboard was the key!!!! 

Now I would never drive after a drink, but we were on private land and we were the only people staying there. However, disappointment awaited us as the key was padlocked to the steering wheel and the chain was an inch or so too short to reach the ignition. Despite numerous tries no one could open the padlock, which retrospectively was probably for the best, however we had come so far we couldn't fail now. So we made the decision that we'd take the handbrake off and push...

Now I don't know if you've ever tried to push a bus but it's no easy task. Between us we managed to move it about 50 metres and all managed to get pictures 'driving' it.

The amusement came in the morning when we awoke to the university janitor talking to one of the more elder people we with about confused he was. Apparently, his bus wasn't were he left it... :)

Stealing busses, call a copper.

image_update_21b76d93260be51e_1349171723

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

3 hours ago, oneeye said:

oneeye :lol:

Bloody gutted I didn't post that on your bit old son but I didn't even think about it lol.. Should change it to your advertar thing lol

Happy weekend all 

On 25/11/2017 at 10:29 AM, guypjfreak said:

Bloody gutted I didn't post that on your bit old son but I didn't even think about it lol.. Should change it to your advertar thing lol

Happy weekend all 

Not a problem there gf, it’s the wrong eye anyway, your post is the left eye, mine is the right :lol: