What's your poison?

kalifire

Just now, Dave_c said:

I would put money on it there are more alcohol induced deaths per year, by a long long way.

more than likely , I just have seen what happens when someone takes something they haven't a clue what's in it and it fails  ... I'm not saying don't or anything like that but with alcohol I know how far to take it and the consequences for me 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

more than likely , I just have seen what happens when someone takes something they haven't a clue what's in it and it fails  ... I'm not saying don't or anything like that but with alcohol I know how far to take it and the consequences for me 

Fair point, I haven't touched any class As in years, not because I don't want to but because I don't feel the need to. If someone had something on offer I would be very dubious about taking it unless I knew exactly where it came from. The issue is that there is loads of dirty filthy drugs about and some people are careless and just take what they get from some random stranger.

25 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Every other year it's just been copious amounts of alcohol but last year I struggled to stay out late. A combination of age and general tiredness from the state to the ground.

This year will be beer and spirits, as well as some coke as a pick-me-up later in the day. Never taken it into a festival before so any tips on where is best to hide it are greatly received.

Up your nose. I don't do it but it smells great when you sniff it.:P

Just now, Dave_c said:

Fair point, I haven't touched any class As in years, not because I don't want to but because I don't feel the need to. If someone had something on offer I would be very dubious about taking it unless I knew exactly where it came from. The issue is that there is loads of dirty filthy drugs about and some people are careless and just take what they get from some random stranger.

I think in a situation where you know who you are dealing from then the call is yours.. there used to be a saying to keep some patients and short term users safe "know your dealer" in a free atmosphere there are many who would sell crap to anyone  and that is what I worry about for those that partake  I worked in ICU and  in a unit for under 18's where their savvy was non existent ...waste of any ones life but even worse a youngster . The alcohol dependency unit was inherently long term alcoholics not someone who'd taken a swig of moonshine and lost their marbles 

I have done it no getting away from it but in my day it was because we couldn't afford to drink ..but things were different then...Just stay safe it Ain worth it 

Alcohol. I start with a G&T as soon as the tent is up and then prefer to be lightly sozzled for the entire week. I can't really do beer any more though - makes me wee too much.

No drugs. Never have, never will. Although TBH if I wasn't so vehemently anti-smoking I'd probably enjoy weed a lot.

28 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'll stick with Cake. What is Cake? Well, it has an active ingredient which is a dangerous psychoactive compound known as dimesmeric andersonphosphate. It stimulates the part of the brain called Shatner's Bassoon. And that's the bit of the brain that deals with time perception. So, a second feels like a month. Well, it almost sounds like fun...unless you're the Prague schoolboy who walked out into the street straight in front of a tram. He thought he'd got a month to cross the street.

1 minute ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Although TBH if I wasn't so vehemently anti-smoking I'd probably enjoy weed a lot.

You can vape it. Quite a process to get there but it can be done. No tobacco involved! Google it. And, yes, you'd probably enjoy it a lot!

Cider, ideally from the cider bus when in the locality, supplemented with a few micro kegs (aka cans) of craft beers, mostly dark as they seem be more acceptable not chilled.

Enjoy a bit of weed and pretty much the only time if year I partake. Just adds to the sheer escapism of Glastonbury for me as well as being dam enjoyable.

9 minutes ago, Skelts said:

You can vape it. Quite a process to get there but it can be done. No tobacco involved! Google it. And, yes, you'd probably enjoy it a lot!

Vaping weirds me out as much as smoking though. I know it's not as harmful as smoking but... no. I wouldn't (and couldn't - I had lung problems a few years ago and it would be too risky) :(

As it is I'll continue to enjoy it vicariously. I work in a rather, erm, interesting part of Oxford (ironically between the Magistrate's Court and the Police Station) and some lovely smells sometimes waft in from the open window.

3 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Cakes. Fudge. etc etc and if you haven't a sweet tooth then go savoury, quiche works well.

Now THAT is something I could get on board with. I LOVE a nice quiche... :D

Vaping weirds me out as much as smoking though. I know it's not as harmful as smoking but... no. I wouldn't (and couldn't - I had lung problems a few years ago and it would be too risky) :(

As it is I'll continue to enjoy it vicariously. I work in a rather, erm, interesting part of Oxford (ironically between the Magistrate's Court and the Police Station) and some lovely smells sometimes waft in from the open window.

Is your poison pie and a pint? Sorry I had to haha

Shit......I feel like a pusher now.

DISCLAIMER:  I trust you are a very sensible person with a mind of their own and the ability to make wise desicions.

8 minutes ago, Lionel Ritchie said:

Now THAT is something I could get on board with. I LOVE a nice quiche...

I was born and bread in Oxford up until 2 years ago .... 

Beers and joints in the day normally.

Maybe something more acidic during one of the days if the weather is nice. Thursday is ideal as there's not much on so I can just enjoy it without worrying about being anywhere, and can avoid large crowds. Made the mistake of taking it late at night in 2015, which whilst enjoyable, was far too intense thinking back.

Standard party tricks during the night.

Sourcing these things is a lot more difficult now that I'm not a student and don't live in a city. Heading up to Liverpool this weekend for Africa Oye so hopefully I can sort it all.

Just alcohol for us. Beer. Mostly Brewdog in various guises. Usually do JD on the spirit front but its primaraly gin this year. Got quite a taste for it of late .Me and lingle bringing the two gin infusions she has been nursing along with strawberry and pineapple. Bringing a litte white Rum to mix with cola for a change and also some white Russian mix .Just add some fresh milk for the festi breakfast pick me up . Out at the bars will be on cold cider and ales if we find any decent ones .

Wasnt lucky enough to be at the Pilton party last year , does the milk wagon still come round in the mornings ?