Open'er festival 2017

pete76

8 minutes ago, bintang said:

The sound is compatible to The XX.

So there are still some main stage bands missing?

I'm guessing with George Ezra and Dua Lipa stage not announced they are negotiating with a band to co headline with The XX and if the negotiations fall through they can put George Ezra and Dua Lipa both on main hence the stage not being announced.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

I'm guessing with George Ezra and Dua Lipa stage not announced they are negotiating with a band to co headline with The XX and if the negotiations fall through they can put George Ezra and Dua Lipa both on main hence the stage not being announced.

Sounds about right. Let's hope they pull it off. 

• Upvote 1

i think @foolee might be on to something. Hopefully they trying to figure out something for Saturday, which is still looking very weak/soft compared to the other three days. Not distortion pedals in sight...

So, what do people thing of today's announcement overall? Nothing special for me. 

• Upvote 1

As none of my wishes ( Soulwax, Gorillaz, Lorde, Jamiroquai, Kooks, Franz Ferdinand, Die Antwoord, Metronomy, Brian Wilson, Eddie Vedder) was fulfilled, I am rather underwhelmed.

Apart from the excellent headliners the Line Up is lacking on highlights (at least for my taste).

To be more precise I am missing more exciting bands in the midrange. I like The Kills and Royal Blood, but they are not big enough to co headline a festival of this size.

Terrible announcements today... I feel stupid that I was hoping for the acts like Jamiroquai, St. Paul and the Broken Bones or Fleet Foxes, not to mention Eddie Vedder. I think that the number of rap and pop acts is the highest in the whole history of the festival. Probably, that's what the market demands though...

Edited by mln

There always have been one or two strong electronic music names at mainstage, usually one closing out day and second closing out festival (Kalkbrenner and Kygo last year). This year strong contender (in my opinion) is Flume, he's in Europe that weekend. Also last day need some strong names, Lorde is free and not 'big' enough to headline (unless she plays at Roskilde on 1.07, or won't do four-days-in-row marathon). Now, Deadmau5 is in Europe this summer, he was in Gdynia 6 years ago, hell even Eric Prydz would be nice. Mura Masa was cancelled last year, he might as well come back if organizers are still in contact. Bonobo for tent, Sampha, Matthew Dear for alter stage.  London Grammar is fine tent stage addition for any of lacking days. Two years ago I'd say Sheeran for Tent, but now he's too big of a caliber not to headline.

Now this is what I call an announcement! Just announced for DTRH:

791_990_550_crop_imagetool_674_393_13_0.

It takes place days before Open'er. Last week they announced Moderat , Nicolas Jaar , Oscar And The Wolf , Bear's Den , Bonobo , Cage The Elephant , Father John Misty , Rag'n'Bone Man , SOHN , Spinvis , Spoon , Warpaint, a few of which we have already.