seanz25

Victorious Festival 2017

162 posts in this topic

If Kasabian are headlining R + L I can't see them doing Victorious as well, I would assume Reading will have them on an exclusive and can't see Victorious being able to afford their fee.

With the chatter about Libertines, I would say Libs and then an older headliner maybe ala Weller or Elbow maybe New Order?? 

Edited by Callum_96
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

If Kasabian are headlining R + L I can't see them doing Victorious as well, I would assume Reading will have them on an exclusive and can't see Victorious being able to afford their fee.

With the chatter about Libertines, I would say Libs and then an older headliner maybe ala Weller or Elbow maybe New Order?? 

Ah yes Kasabian at Reading, yeah no chance Victorious will have them.

Weller with a good undercard for £35/37 is decent considering his own gigs cost that at least. The others I wouldn't care for. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Callum_96 said:

If Kasabian are headlining R + L I can't see them doing Victorious as well, I would assume Reading will have them on an exclusive and can't see Victorious being able to afford their fee.

With the chatter about Libertines, I would say Libs and then an older headliner maybe ala Weller or Elbow maybe New Order?? 

I really can't see it being the Libs, would love it to be but not sure its their vibe. Someone like Weller would go down a storm though

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah no chance it'll be Kasabian even if the Reading info is wrong (it wont be). They're eyeing up stadiums now - heading the other way to Libertines. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't need to say it again, but I will - Kasabian almost 0% chance this year.

I'm also not convinced they'll stick ROT90's on Friday - Business wise it'd be wise to throw them Sat or Sun in slim hope people may have more of an exscuse to purchase the double weekend ticket. Madness at £20 a ticket should sell in itself fairly well tbh.

For a couple of other suggestions, what's Morrissey upto next year? He's probably in with a shout if he's touring at the time. Kaiser Cheifs subbing Lib's would also be a lovely end to the weekend, think you could see them show up either way tbh. For whatever reason I just can't picture Elbow shifting enough tickets at Victorious. I can't put my finger on why I even feel this way!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Don't need to say it again, but I will - Kasabian almost 0% chance this year.

I'm also not convinced they'll stick ROT90's on Friday - Business wise it'd be wise to throw them Sat or Sun in slim hope people may have more of an exscuse to purchase the double weekend ticket. Madness at £20 a ticket should sell in itself fairly well tbh.

For a couple of other suggestions, what's Morrissey upto next year? He's probably in with a shout if he's touring at the time. Kaiser Cheifs subbing Lib's would also be a lovely end to the weekend, think you could see them show up either way tbh. For whatever reason I just can't picture Elbow shifting enough tickets at Victorious. I can't put my finger on why I even feel this way!

Yes on the same day as Madness wouldn't be sensible, that day doesn't need more selling incentive.  On the day with a bigger headliner like NG was and something there for an earlier party makes sense.

Don't think Elbow would shift a lot. I can't see them getting Morrissey purely based on what he charges for a gig, not sure if R Ashcroft could work being he has The Verve songs he includes but I wouldn't expect him. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashcroft could play but I can't see him headlining, sub maybe.

Elbow have drifted into obscurity and were never that popular anyway. But they wouldn't shift tickets the way Flaming Lips did the other year. 

I hope they don't think James are big enough based on their last tour, I wouldn't be too happy with that, find them quite dull apart from Laid, which will always be an anthem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Ashcroft could play but I can't see him headlining, sub maybe.

Elbow have drifted into obscurity and were never that popular anyway. But they wouldn't shift tickets the way Flaming Lips did the other year. 

I hope they don't think James are big enough based on their last tour, I wouldn't be too happy with that, find them quite dull apart from Laid, which will always be an anthem.

Not so sure, he would shift more tickets I'd have thought than Travis or Echo and the bunnymen.

Sit down is pretty good too but after that yes it wouldn't do it for me, they were very dull opening Other stage this year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The festival is definitely creeping up in price; the day tickets are still a total bargain but the price of camping makes a full weekend more expensive than the likes of Y-Not and Kendal Calling which each offer an additional day of entertainment

Like you said @luckysalt they are going to have to offer something above and beyond what those festivals provide; I can't see them managing to do that without beginning to step on the toes of R&L to be honest

Out of curiosity I dug out my order confirmation for Victorious last year; I paid £19.44 after fees for a day of music which included The Flaming Lips, Primal Scream and Peter Hook, I still can't believe it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

The festival is definitely creeping up in price; the day tickets are still a total bargain but the price of camping makes a full weekend more expensive than the likes of Y-Not and Kendal Calling which each offer an additional day of entertainment

Like you said @luckysalt they are going to have to offer something above and beyond what those festivals provide; I can't see them managing to do that without beginning to step on the toes of R&L to be honest

Out of curiosity I dug out my order confirmation for Victorious last year; I paid £19.44 after fees for a day of music which included The Flaming Lips, Primal Scream and Peter Hook, I still can't believe it

Tbf last year I bought at the last price which was around £40 and got Manics, Travis, The Coral, The Levellers with 3 other acts I enjoyed too.

I think Victorious was better value for money than Y Not and Kendall. Y Not for example had Editors headlining a day and they weren't even topping 2nd stage at Victorious. Sunday suffered and was probably stronger below NG at Kendall than Victorious but having a big name like that is going to suffer lower down. I guess it swings a bit but to be honest I wouldn't want to pay to camp 8 miles anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eww I didn't realise the camping is on Portsdown Hill. That's well off the island, and will take way more than the 20 mins they're saying on the bus - unless they're gonna have a special route for it or something to bypass the traffic. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Eww I didn't realise the camping is on Portsdown Hill. That's well off the island, and will take way more than the 20 mins they're saying on the bus - unless they're gonna have a special route for it or something to bypass the traffic. 

That's the issue. I have a hotel just in case opposite basically the gunwarf shops or close enough so 20 mins walk down. Probably won't go Bournemouth again mind, the beach is nice but as a night out it's shite!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2016 at 6:29 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Eww I didn't realise the camping is on Portsdown Hill. That's well off the island, and will take way more than the 20 mins they're saying on the bus - unless they're gonna have a special route for it or something to bypass the traffic. 

To travel that distance in 20 mins on a bank holiday with the festival on would take a miracle rather than a special route. There are only 3 roads in and out of Portsmouth, all of them are over capacity on a 'normal' day. 20 mins is unrealistic to say the least.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2016 at 8:11 PM, luckysalt said:

Just been looking at the pricing for next year.

If you had bought your ticket at earliest time for the 3 days it would have been £75.60

If you buy at the latest time your 3 days will be £125.72

If you buy now its £90.72

The newly added Camping is £50

So if you buy your tickets at the last pricing tier [the most expensive] and buy camping its gunna be £175+ 

Its suddenly not such a cheap festival anymore guys....

Can only see this getting more expensive and more commercial and just becoming another same old festival. I really hope that doesn't happen. 

The other thing of note is Victorious has now become a more expensive festival than Y Not and the like that it was always compared with. So I expect bigger things this year. 

There's also an additional charge for car parking on the camp site.

Fair play to the organisers for listening to comments and arranging the campsite, but it does push the price up a lot, especially given the issue of not being camping on site. I think the line up (not just the headliners) is going to have to be significantly improved across the bill if they want to appeal to non locals.

It still is excellent value for locals like me (the site is a 15 minute bike ride from my house) though.

In the longer term I think they're going to have to decide if they are a budget festival with a few big names appealing to locals like previous years or are competing with the bigger events.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rseamer said:

There's also an additional charge for car parking on the camp site.

Fair play to the organisers for listening to comments and arranging the campsite, but it does push the price up a lot, especially given the issue of not being camping on site. I think the line up (not just the headliners) is going to have to be significantly improved across the bill if they want to appeal to non locals.

It still is excellent value for locals like me (the site is a 15 minute bike ride from my house) though.

In the longer term I think they're going to have to decide if they are a budget festival with a few big names appealing to locals like previous years or are competing with the bigger events.

 

 

 

I think the he best value way is to book accommodation early in Portsmouth and grab your tickets.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big bunch of us from Brum making the trek down to this again...great weekend away.

Could definitely see James and Charlatans there next year. Think Elbow are also a good shout although agree with previous comments that they might struggle to shift tickets. Other possibilities I reckon either Kaisers or Stereophonics. 

Hoping they go down the route of having fewer bands but longer sets. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phonics is a really good shout, id forgot about them. 

Didn't they only just headline IOW last year tho? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought our tickets today but the email confirmation hasn't come through.

Apart from that, see Kaisers are at IOW thank fuck

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 0:52 PM, Flaminglippy said:

Think Elbow are also a good shout although agree with previous comments that they might struggle to shift tickets. Other possibilities I reckon either Kaisers or Stereophonics. 

I'm hearing Elbow and Stereophonics from a source that should be very well placed to hear these things. 

Edited by Tommy101
I can't type
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm hearing Elbow and Stereophonics from a source that should be very well placed to hear these things. 

Stereophonics are doing Kendal Calling, which has quite a few bands that played Victorious last year - so that seems like a possibility.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm hearing Elbow and Stereophonics from a source that should be very well placed to hear these things. 

Is that Elbow subbing Stereophonics? Or both headlining a night individually? Not entirely sure of Elbow's value to be quite honest.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Is that Elbow subbing Stereophonics? Or both headlining a night individually? Not entirely sure of Elbow's value to be quite honest.

I doubt it, Elbow wouldn't go as low as any of the subs last year, it's just not the right fest really. The Phonics can still sub at a push festivals they would play/3rd down so very similar Manics and imo they won't quite go as high as Noel as to put a bit more quality in that day. It may be slightly more giving a bigger budget you'd assume but they also have a fairly established act on Friday already.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Is that Elbow subbing Stereophonics? Or both headlining a night individually? Not entirely sure of Elbow's value to be quite honest.

Both headlining a night individually as I understand it. I think there is going to be an announcement soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh - Yeah I'd presume the main announcement will be Monday morning (Likely on the cover of The News down here like last year to?) as the next ticket tier goes up on Sunday.

Still not convinced Elbow sell it well. I'm a fan but I don't know just how many others are. Reckon the undercard will need to be solid for it to sell well on day tickets.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.