Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's not happening either way but Green Day support with not be Blink 182......how weak would you like Download to look?, not only will they have repeats back again....including bands that are either not relevant much now or having trouble selling an overbooked tour....but they also have a headline act that are playing a positioning for which they could have easily subbed Download instead. 

Green Day with blink subbing would be very strong for Download. 

4 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

And why is that poster missing some of the bands that have already been announced but include some other announced acts???

seems like BS to me

Considering they announced SOAD and Die Toten Hosen as headliners a few weeks back, it's definitely bollocks. :P That poster was around before that announcement.

Aside from that, I think neither of Hellfest and Rock Am Ring (and no other festivals that weren't rumoured) setting up for an announcement tomorrow kiboshes any GNR rumours. Tho I know most didn't believe it anyway.

1 hour ago, Lelouch vi Britannia said:

A friend from Germany sent me this "leak" in a German magazine from few days ago. A7X will be added to Rock am Ring, so they could headline Download.

9m9CcHAl.jpg

Die Totem Hozen are missing from that poster so if A7X get added, they could be headlining second stage.

Edited by biffoire

14 minutes ago, Muggy12345678 said:

Might be nothing but the download have new bands for band tickets deftones thunder and trivium. Might be a chance of them playing. I know deftones did last year but they aren't great and they only played due to there rearranged gig

Deftones were one of the best acts on the line up last year but they won't be playing again, they're too big for anything but sunheadlining or headlining and they're too small to headline, especially after subbing last year.

11 minutes ago, Muggy12345678 said:

Not going on that, going by what metal hammer wrote 

Well MetalHammer isn't going to say "no they're not playing" about Guns n Roses when they're a big demand, everyone would get pissed off at them for saying they are, they're appeasing the fans.

54 minutes ago, Muggy12345678 said:

Might be nothing but the download have new bands for band tickets deftones thunder and trivium. Might be a chance of them playing. I know deftones did last year but they aren't great and they only played due to there rearranged gig

They were booked before that gig got rearranged. 

55 minutes ago, Muggy12345678 said:

I dunno what you mean by all this but Deftones were announced for Download before they cancelled Wembley Arena.

edit: JINX

Edited by dentalplan

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH even disappointing as fuck so far tonight. 

Seen them a few times, saw them at Glastonbury this year on The Other Stage and I think it was the worst I've seen them, wasn't the right crowd atmosphere (understandably), but regardless of that, Oli just cannot sing the songs from TTS and I really do think they are overrated, I would actually be gutted if they were booked to headline Download.. not saying they aren't big enough because I'm sure they're close to it (if not already there, definitely after a new positively recieved album) by now, but for me they're a sub band.

2 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Well you will go to these pop concerts.... Is he singing to a backing track again? 

Yeah, and when he wasn't, Jordan the backing singer was using one. When Oli did actually sing, he sounded ropey and kept half singing everything to let the crowd finish it off. Been taking pointers from Jared Leto, clearly. 

The initial impact of the stage show was good, but after a little while you soon realise that all the pretty lights and streamers are great if you want to be distracted away from a singer who isn't actually doing what he is there to do. 

Setlist was poor. It feels really stagnant now. One song pre-Sempiternal, and that was Chelsea Smile which most of the crowd looked bemused at. Even that song feels stale now as it is the only older one thy play. Not a single track from There Is A Hell... not even Blessed With A Curse. The fact they played Crucify Me which is without a doubt their greatest piece of work to date on Monday at the O2 but decided to drop it for the following shows really riled me up. I guarantee it's because it got little to no crowd reaction from the people they now attract as fans. 

The tracks they choose to play from Sempiternal are getting really boring now, the same ones over and over again. That's The Spirit's material went down the best. Avalanche, Follow You and True Friends all went down well. That Oh No song is a fucking travesty and I don't want to acknowledge it. 

I really don't feel like I fit in with the kind of crowd they attract anymore. At all. As a fan since Suicide Season it really saddens me what they've become. I know some bands have to change in order to get bigger, but I struggle to think of a band who have sold out as shamelessly and decided to ignore their past like BMTH have over the last couple of years. They don't resemble the band I love at all anymore. 

Interestingly, the standing area was really quiet. Not even two thirds full, I would say from looking down as I left (we left before the band had even finished. Didn't hang around for the end). Enter Shikari's standing area was busier in February at the arena, and that's not just me saying that because I love Shikari. Seats at BMTH tonight were packed, standing area was not by any stretch. 

Oh, and they only played for 80mins, which is inexcusable and a piss poor showing for a band who are headlining arenas. 

After being a long time supporter of them headlining Download, I take it back. BMTH as they are now would go down like a lead balloon and I wouldn't hesitate in saying that I believe they would pull one of the smallest headline crowds the festival has seen. If that's the best our world has to offer as a leading light for the future and the next generation of festival headliners, then our world is fucked more than I realised. 

On the other hand, the crap I saw tonight would go down a storm at Reading & Leeds with the client base they have in 2016. 

DAMN IT ENTER SHIKARI SHOULD BE THAT BIG. 

Edited by Andre91

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, and when he wasn't, Jordan the backing singer was using one. When Oli did actually sing, he sounded ropey and kept half singing everything to let the crowd finish it off. Been taking pointers from Jared Leto, clearly. 

The initial impact of the stage show was good, but after a little while you soon realise that all the pretty lights and streamers are great if you want to be distracted away from a singer who isn't actually doing what he is there to do. 

Setlist was poor. It feels really stagnant now. One song pre-Sempiternal, and that was Chelsea Smile which most of the crowd looked bemused at. Even that song feels stale now as it is the only older one thy play. Not a single track from There Is A Hell... not even Blessed With A Curse. The fact they played Crucify Me which is without a doubt their greatest piece of work to date on Monday at the O2 but decided to drop it for the following shows really riled me up. I guarantee it's because it got little to no crowd reaction from the people they now attract as fans. 

The tracks they choose to play from Sempiternal are getting really boring now, the same ones over and over again. That's The Spirit's material went down the best. Avalanche, Follow You and True Friends all went down well. That Oh No song is a fucking travesty and I don't want to acknowledge it. 

I really don't feel like I fit in with the kind of crowd they attract anymore. At all. As a fan since Suicide Season it really saddens me what they've become. I know some bands have to change in order to get bigger, but I struggle to think of a band who have sold out as shamelessly and decided to ignore their past like BMTH have over the last couple of years. They don't resemble the band I love at all anymore. 

Interestingly, the standing area was really quiet. Not even two thirds full, I would say from looking down as I left (we left before the band had even finished. Didn't hang around for the end). Enter Shikari's standing area was busier in February at the arena, and that's not just me saying that because I love Shikari. Seats at BMTH tonight were packed, standing area was not by any stretch. 

Oh, and they only played for 80mins, which is inexcusable and a piss poor showing for a band who are headlining arenas. 

After being a long time supporter of them headlining Download, I take it back. BMTH as they are now would go down like a lead balloon and I wouldn't hesitate in saying that I believe they would pull one of the smallest headline crowds the festival has seen. If that's the best our world has to offer as a leading light for the future and the next generation of festival headliners, then our world is fucked more than I realised. 

On the other hand, the crap I saw tonight would go down a storm at Reading & Leeds with the client base they have in 2016. 

DAMN IT ENTER SHIKARI SHOULD BE THAT BIG. 

Are you that shocked?

It sounds like a cross between 30 STM and a Rammstein show without the setup and pyro.

From the minute Oli stormed Coldplays table at the awards etc, you knew he'd disappeared up his own arse, as soon as they had songs that people knew the words to.