homeless man help appeal - resident of camden gardens ( under railway bridge arch )

poetrychatbore

homeless man help appeal - resident of camden gardens ( under railway bridge arch ) 07.10.15

not often do i do appeals

this is a new avenue

just along from having pie mash and eels

a hard life is on the menu.

under the railway bridge

in the massive decaying arch

temperatures at night are the same as your fridge

this poor man must be effected like starch.

with a bright acid green jacket

he is very visible

i first thought he was part of a illegal racket

now i no he is reaching out for god and the bible.

going home i see him kentish town pleading

again on cold concrete

so humble and not aggressive or leading

this is why i can not retreat.

camden social services are failing

community support officers are you on patrol

could someone please do emailing

help is in need and camden has the remote control.

with olive skin

and a beard and tash over grown

2015 living in camden gardens is a sin

so come on "camden" show some back bone

( this is a pic of the bridge this mans sleeps under http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2790883 camden is great and there is far more good then bad and this is what has provoked me into getting this man help. so keep your eyes on this bridge - lets see how long it takes to get help to this man.)

I feel as if this country doesn't look after its OWN citizens as much as it really should, I mean we give people homes who come in ILLEGALLY sometimes or even people who come from abroad to live here. But yet I seem to see LOTS of British males and females on the streets begging for cash? I have no sympathy for the ones that beg and then spend the cash on drugs,alcohol or cigs and then refuse to get help and just stay there for that purpose but the ones who're actually homeless and living on the streets should get more help. I don't mean to sound so negative and "bad" but when we do these shows what raise money for charity's for kids abroad in Africa or other countries I mean its a good deed don't get me wrong but what about OUR country and the people in it? we're in a state too.

I feel as if this country doesn't look after its OWN citizens as much as it really should, I mean we give people homes who come in ILLEGALLY sometimes or even people who come from abroad to live here. But yet I seem to see LOTS of British males and females on the streets begging for cash? I have no sympathy for the ones that beg and then spend the cash on drugs,alcohol or cigs and then refuse to get help and just stay there for that purpose but the ones who're actually homeless and living on the streets should get more help. I don't mean to sound so negative and "bad" but when we do these shows what raise money for charity's for kids abroad in Africa or other countries I mean its a good deed don't get me wrong but what about OUR country and the people in it? we're in a state too.

It shouldn't be either/or though.  Why can't we help both?

Edited by windy_miller

Agreed. And how many people in England actually die of starvation. (Not saying that homeless aren't in need of help by the way).

So people in other countries don't help them? richer countries? I feel like the priority of the British should be the British, it doesn't seem like we're the "priority" though. Not saying I have anything against it, I even donate to other countries but I feel like we give more than we should to people outside the country than the people who were born here.

So people in other countries don't help them? richer countries? I feel like the priority of the British should be the British, it doesn't seem like we're the "priority" though. Not saying I have anything against it, I even donate to other countries but I feel like we give more than we should to people outside the country than the people who were born here.

huh? we're the 5th richest country in the world. Are you suggesting we should receive aid from america or japan to help us with our, in relative terms, microscopic homeless problem?

huh? we're the 5th richest country in the world. Are you suggesting we should receive aid from america or japan to help us with our, in relative terms, microscopic homeless problem?

But why should people born here get more? Why should the British priority be the British? I am British, but not by choice or merit or anything other than where my mother's fanny was on that fateful day.

Well our country isn't exactly "perfect" or even close to it right now, infact the amount of people from the British public who moan about how its ran is a pretty high amount. The overall statement is pretty much the fact that if people come here ILLEGALLY we give them benefits but yet we see people over here who ain't here illegally who don't even get half that pay or are pretty much on the streets. I could probably say there's certain people who're british who don't deserve the money but then again why do those deserve more too? and that's were my other post comes in aswell. Don't forget we get more people coming in this country because of what we give them compared to other countries.

edit; my internet is really bad here so prob a lot of typing errors lol

Well our country isn't exactly "perfect" or even close to it right now, infact the amount of people from the British public who moan about how its ran is a pretty high amount. The overall statement is pretty much the fact that if people come here ILLEGALLY we give them benefits but yet we see people over here who ain't here illegally who don't even get half that pay or are pretty much on the streets. I could probably say there's certain people who're british who don't deserve the money but then again why do those deserve more too? and that's were my other post comes in aswell. Don't forget we get more people coming in this country because of what we give them compared to other countries.

edit; my internet is really bad here so prob a lot of typing errors lol

The typing is fine, but the content less so. 

It's quite simply a outrageous lie that illegal immigrants receive double the benefits of british people.

Either you are grossly misinformed, or are deliberately spreading misinformation to promote a sinister agenda. I hope it's the former.

It's quite simply a outrageous lie that illegal immigrants receive double the benefits of british people.

Either you are grossly misinformed, or are deliberately spreading misinformation to promote a sinister agenda. I hope it's the former.

I would say more not double, not all but some. And yes its the former.

I would say more not double, not all but some. And yes its the former.

benefit money is allocated on a needs basis by exactly the same rules to all eligible claimants.

For what you say to be true, there'd need to be a special secret set of rules introduced by British MPs in parliament to give those nasty foreigners extra money.

Do you really think that's happened, or might you be talking bollocks?

The latter, in a thread about helping a British homeless guy their main focus is about the foreigners.

benefit money is allocated on a needs basis by exactly the same rules to all eligible claimants.

For what you say to be true, there'd need to be a special secret set of rules introduced by British MPs in parliament to give those nasty foreigners extra money.

Do you really think that's happened, or might you be talking bollocks?

Check the post just above, I guess most my post was referring to as the other guy said "reading too much of the news" and yes I went off topic quite abit lol, I apologize.

Check the post just above, I guess most my post was referring to as the other guy said "reading too much of the news" and yes I went off topic quite abit lol, I apologize.

have a listen to theresa may's vicious speech from yesterday, that will tell you all you need to know about this government's view on immigrants - illegal or otherwise. 

If you dont have the time I'll summarise: send 'em all back!

have a listen to theresa may's vicious speech from yesterday, that will tell you all you need to know about this government's view on immigrants - illegal or otherwise. 

If you dont have the time I'll summarise: send 'em all back!

The immigration argument from both the tories and UKIP is a sham.

If there's any issues over the numbers migrating to the UK, it's not people coming from the EU (where the net number is around even) but it's instead those coming from non-EU countries on visas the British govt has issued.

If they want to issue fewer visas to cut migration, it's piss easy for them to do and naff all to do with the EU.

People are being a little harsh on Chris here, we don't know his age, where he lives, or his background. Rather than bashing him, it might be better to explain some stuff. Don't mean to sound patronising but I know it does.

1. Countries, flags and borders are ridiculous. A minuscule percentage of people are born and die where their "ancestors" lived. Where does a distrust/dislike of others begin? The next street? The next district? The next town? The next county? Or the next country? It's ridiculous.

2. Newspapers Lie, every damn one of them, and the news on telly too. It's either spin, or outright untruths. 99% of the time.

3. The rich steal more from us than benefit claimants and/or immigrants or refugees ever will.

4. The vast, vast majority of people on the planet want a few simple things. Food, shelter, security. Doesn't matter if they are from Belgium or Baghdad, if your kids are fed, safe and happy, that's all you really need.

People are being a little harsh on Chris here, we don't know his age, where he lives, or his background. Rather than bashing him, it might be better to explain some stuff. Don't mean to sound patronising but I know it does.

1. Countries, flags and borders are ridiculous. A minuscule percentage of people are born and die where their "ancestors" lived. Where does a distrust/dislike of others begin? The next street? The next district? The next town? The next county? Or the next country? It's ridiculous.

2. Newspapers Lie, every damn one of them, and the news on telly too. It's either spin, or outright untruths. 99% of the time.

3. The rich steal more from us than benefit claimants and/or immigrants or refugees ever will.

4. The vast, vast majority of people on the planet want a few simple things. Food, shelter, security. Doesn't matter if they are from Belgium or Baghdad, if your kids are fed, safe and happy, that's all you really need.

Well I'm 22 in that case although a lot of the people are a lot older and wiser than I am on these forums, thanks for that post.