The Weather Thread

LOCHLAND5

That be the Festival Gods telling you that Gazeboes are NOT allowed at Lowther Calling...

Haha, yeah I've heard the no gazebos rule for the last 5 years yet used one every year without an issue! Really glad I took one last year as everyone around us used it hence was handy for meeting new folk (until the snapping/blowing away incident on saturday night). Im with Ram on the weather situation, I'd take overcast any day of the week as long as theres little to no rain.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Met Office has issued this as their latest long term forecast

UK Outlook for Saturday 18 Jul 2015 to Saturday 1 Aug 2015:

Many southern and central parts of the UK are likely to be mostly dry, often with fine, warm conditions. Towards the north and northwest there will be some cloudier conditions with rain at times, although even here some good periods of dry weather are expected. Temperatures are likely to be around average in the north, but in the south there may be spells of very warm weather for the time of year. These hot conditions bring a low risk of occasional thundery outbreaks, mainly for the southeast.

Updated at: 1202 on Fri 03 Jul 2015

do we think there will be improvements to the infrastructure to at least help out if we do get the worst case scenario weather wise again? Maybe some metal paths through the campsite / on the main bits through the arena?

Honest answer ................ No !

do we think there will be improvements to the infrastructure to at least help out if we do get the worst case scenario weather wise again? Maybe some metal paths through the campsite / on the main bits through the arena?

I know there has been some new roads put in up there, but whether that's for logistics or people is a different matter.

I can cope with most things the weather gods throw at me, last years was just about the worst I have been too - T in the Park 2012 takes the gold award, but the mud there was puddley, not the sludgey type that sticks to your boots at Kendal!!

Dont mind a bit of rain, as long as its backed up by some reasonable non rainy weather (doesnt even have to be sunny!)

My tent nearly blew away at the weekend and got flooded as we slept in the car. Actually worse than kc weather last year but was only bad on the Friday and ok Saturday Sunday.

Got soaked a few times the weekend before so think we are due a bit of luck. Fingers crossed for sun sun sun at Kendal. With the extra folk this year and a big crowd on Thursday I'm not sure the site, or me, can handle a repeat of last year's weather.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to refer to Accuweather as Inaccuweather! :sarcastic:  

Ha! I didn't think it was great but it's one of the few places that do a long term forecast so I always end up looking at it.

Not at all, can change from hour to hour here!

Eesh! But what am I supposed to do in work when I'm bored if I can't check the weather?

Festival-goers evacuated over storms

_84351446_tiree.jpg

More than 1,000 people had to be evacuated from the site of a music festival because of storms last night.

The Tiree Music festival-goers were sheltered in schools, the island airport and people's homes.

Organisers said the festival, headlined by The Fratellis and due to run until Sunday night, would get back under way again on Saturday.

Director Daniel Gillespie said: "We got 1,000 campers under shelter and to do it so quickly has been amazing."

He added: "It's been pretty humbling seeing the response. We were driving round last night taking food and water to the people and even their spirits, their reaction, was incredible as well.

"The weather has settled and we are ready to kick off day two with double the celebration, after we showed last night how strong community spirit is in the festival and Tiree.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful people of Tiree, who have been tremendous in opening their doors to our visitors, showing our visitors the very best Hebridean hospitality."

An official statement from festival organisers said they had "no major issues or concerns but have taken this measure as a caution".

It added: "Working closely with Argyll and Bute council, our in-house health and safety team and emergency services, coaches and buses have been arranged for attendees and we have provided accommodation for campers in local schools, business centres and churches.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful people of Tiree who have been tremendous in opening their doors to our visitors."

The festival, founded in 2010, has previously won awards including Best Small Event at the UK Event Awards and Best Small Festival in Scotland at the Scottish Event Awards.

This weekend's line-up includes The Fratellis, Funbox, We Banjo 3, Skerryvore, Manran, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Gentlemen of Few, Skipinnish, The Chaplins, Cherry Grove, Trail West, Gunna Sound, Dun Mor, The Lowground and Chunks.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910