Common People Festival

rawaudioinput

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard any whispers as to who might be playing? I want to get a day ticket, but suspect one day won't be my cuppa, the other will and I go on holiday friday. My hope is they don't announce bands while I'm away and it sells out.

Bloody selling tickets before a band is announced. Who do they thing they are, Glastonbury?!

EDIT

Yep, not a clue who there likely to get though. I'd have money on Band Of Skulls playing though, being local and that. Any other good shouts?

This is a good shout - just checked their tour and their last date in New Zealand is in April, their next date is mid july in Germany, so they'll be back for it.

Edited by marcwilson87

Slightly odd that they're expecting people to buy tickets for a brand new event before any details have been announced.

Well a limited presale may be understandable for locals and Bestival fans to pick up tickets.

Lineup's announced at 7pm tonight. Coinciding with the Primavera lineup announcement but dunno if that means owt.

Slightly odd that they're expecting people to buy tickets for a brand new event before any details have been announced.

Yeah I thought it strange, I can't imagine many parting with money, knowing fuck all but the location and date.

(Saying that if I was selected for one of those 10 quid tickets, it might have been worth the punt)

Worth the money?

all value judgements are subject to your own tastes, and if those were my tastes I'd think it more than fair and reasonable at the £30 a day / £55 2-day they're charging. :)

(in case it's passed you by, few festie line-ups are to my own tastes, so that's not any slag off of what it has).

Edited by eFestivals

Worth the money?

Also... Can't have gone to plan this pre-sale thing, went on sale 9AM this morning I've had an email @ 11:09AM to remind me I can still get pre-sale tickets...

I think those with pre-sale links can buy tickets until they go on general sale tomorrow

Well a limited presale may be understandable for locals and Bestival fans to pick up tickets.

Lineup's announced at 7pm tonight. Coinciding with the Primavera lineup announcement but dunno if that means owt.

This is supposedly the leaked Primavera lineup headliners wise:

Ride, The Strokes, Patti Smith, The Black Keys, Sleater-Kinney, The Replacements, Alt-J, (Fuck know's about this lot, not familiar with them tbh) Eels, Swans, Sun Kil Moon, OMD, Underworld, Damien Rice)

I'd be amazed if any of them are at this, especially for £25 a day. Would love Replacements mind.

Edited by seanz25

Not impressed at all sadly and this is literally a 15 minute train ride away from me. The Sunday's vaguely alright BOS & slaves however both have played here or will have played here twice minimum within 12 months of the festival. Couldn't care much for any of the dance acts, Fat Boy Slim doesn't cut it at all from me and feel they haven't been adventurous with the line-up in the slightest. I'm holding out the Sunday headliner is a slightly bit more heavier to fit the others on that day but doubt it.

Also this is across the last weekend of premier league football, if by a god forgiven miracle the Saints hold a potential champions league slot there either gonna need to show it on a big screen or expect to not see many till after 6PM on the Sunday.