Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

As it's absolutely gorgeous today. Thought i'd share a mix I did for a stag do in Ibiza last year.

Currated with sipping cold drinks around the pool in mind!

Anyway in my ears it's perfect sunshine house music.

Enjoy :)

Edited by payneruk
Double post

Right, my knowledge of techno is a little on the limited side. I realise there is a lack of it at Glastonbury, but hopefully someone can guide me to the right place if it's there. A good example of what I enjoy is whatever Daniel Avery throws at me (techno..?). I just put on his DJ Kicks record and now really want to find a dark corner of the festival that'll give me that kind of sound. Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, payneruk said:

As it's absolutely gorgeous today. Thought i'd share a mix I did for a stag do in Ibiza last year.

Currated with sipping cold drinks around the pool in mind!

Anyway in my ears it's perfect sunshine house music.

Enjoy :)

I'm afraid when the sun comes out in Glasgow it seems I go to a dark place in the world of music. Possibly to escape this mythical being in the sky. Close the curtains so it can't see me.

100% will give it a listen later when the sun sets :)

5 hours ago, willsnewman said:

Right, my knowledge of techno is a little on the limited side. I realise there is a lack of it at Glastonbury, but hopefully someone can guide me to the right place if it's there. A good example of what I enjoy is whatever Daniel Avery throws at me (techno..?). I just put on his DJ Kicks record and now really want to find a dark corner of the festival that'll give me that kind of sound. Any suggestions?

You will want to spend your Friday at Genosys...Partok, Blawan, Shed, Norman Nodge... 

Gutted will miss Partok this year due to clashes he is incredible! 

34 minutes ago, satas said:

You will want to spend your Friday at Genosys...Partok, Blawan, Shed, Norman Nodge... 

Gutted will miss Partok this year due to clashes he is incredible! 

Yeh that's my plan I think, but that's all I had and wasn't sure if there was more! Thanks!

7 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Yeh that's my plan I think, but that's all I had and wasn't sure if there was more! Thanks!

No, the selection is just shit. I'm sure @bennyhana22 could give you names he's scraped out of the barrel, but you'll probably be just as well off getting pissed in Mavericks the other nights.

If you are open minded check out lovebullets they have quality acts from Thursday to Sunday (Thursday and Friday is elrow party which is lot's of fun!) only thing is it's more tech-house than techno...

Saturday in glade you got Timo Maas delivering techno and then Paranoid London with their raw acid house..... later on Sasha & Digweed will be spinning some quality progressive stuff with Layo & Bushwacka! to follow 

So there is loads of good stuff going on just depends if you only want techno or do you enjoy house and tech-house too? If it's the latter let me know and I will give you more specific options with times... :)

Edited by satas

8 hours ago, willsnewman said:

Just tidying up after Child 2's 18th birthday party, will

Will post tomorrow with, as @Untz suggests, the slim pickings I've managed to find!

Ben
x

8 hours ago, willsnewman said:

Lena Willikens is worth looking into mate, she's gonna be one of the heaviest hitters at the fest, Also see Blawan and Shed for real eyes down techno to raise the heart rate. Both V talented musicians and selectors. Call Super and Hessle Audio worth looking into too, that'll be a little more varied than Daniel Avery's (amazing) style which is quite strictly techno. I'm most looking forward to Shed, Prosumer, Hunee w/ Antal, Blawan.

4 hours ago, lia_m said:

Lena Willikens is worth looking into mate, she's gonna be one of the heaviest hitters at the fest, Also see Blawan and Shed for real eyes down techno to raise the heart rate. Both V talented musicians and selectors. Call Super and Hessle Audio worth looking into too, that'll be a little more varied than Daniel Avery's (amazing) style which is quite strictly techno. I'm most looking forward to Shed, Prosumer, Hunee w/ Antal, Blawan.

Andy Carrol in greenpeace and shades of rhythm...

6 hours ago, lia_m said:

Lena Willikens is worth looking into mate, she's gonna be one of the heaviest hitters at the fest

I caught a bit of Lena at Field Day and she was great, but she mostly clashes with Bicep and live sets generally take priority for me.

If Bicep is too crowded or I'm not feeling it I'm definitely going to head over there. 

On 16/06/2017 at 10:53 PM, Bradders said:

I'm not particularly up on DJs, but I'm loving Blawan and Hunee thanks to this thread. They're now my two must see DJs.

However, (apart from Hunee Thursday, which may be too busy) they both clash. Also, I have to see Confidence Man in the Rabbit Hole at 3am, so whichever one I end up seeing I'll have to miss quite a lot of anyway. It's a right ballache.

Hunee is playing 3 sets (one is b2b with Antal)  - the Downlow will be way busier than the Beat Hotel too

45 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hunee is playing 3 sets (one is b2b with Antal)  - the Downlow will be way busier than the Beat Hotel too

Ahh really? Hunee Thursday, Blawan at Genosys it is then. What's it like getting out from Genosys around 3? Half an hour to get from there to the Rabbit Hole?

The b2b with Antal clashes with Foos, who I promised my girlfriend I'd see, so can't make that one.

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

Ahh really? Hunee Thursday, Blawan at Genosys it is then. What's it like getting out from Genosys around 3? Half an hour to get from there to the Rabbit Hole?

The b2b with Antal clashes with Foos, who I promised my girlfriend I'd see, so can't make that one.

No problem doing Genosys to RH in 30 mins at that time @Bradders, unless you're in a gang with stragglers!

Ben