The weather thread

Guest morph100

I know I know, not accurate till 3 days before, but it's fun to speculate and if they are over at netweather forums then we can as well.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79920-summer-2014-thread/

"June could prove to be a tricky month to nail down with no really clear signals from the expected pressure pattern, so low confidence at this stage. Currently with a weak low pressure anomaly close to the south of the UK, the CFS forecasting model is suggesting a wetter than average month is likely for a good deal of England and Wales with Scotland and Northern Ireland closer to normal. Temperatures countrywide are forecast to be near to, or a slightly warmer than the long term average."

"June with a low-pressure anomaly but warmer than average could possibly mean thunderstorms,"

NFR NFC

And no one can predict the weather that far out, they can try and form a pattern as much as they want but weather is unpredictable and can completely change it's cource in the space of a couple of days.

We didn't have a winter this year for example, and no I don't classify a couple of days of fairly cold weather winter, and this was coming off of the back of many experts predicting we'd be buried in snow after 3months of unrelenting snow fall. I don't think Brighton even had frost once this past winter and I don't recall it hitting 0 either... even at night. But I guess we had 3 months of unrelenting rain fall so maybe they were on to something, but no one predicted the winter Canada/America got.

Edited by Yesiamaduck

I know I know, not accurate till 3 days before, but it's fun to speculate and if they are over at netweather forums then we can as well.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79920-summer-2014-thread/

"June could prove to be a tricky month to nail down with no really clear signals from the expected pressure pattern, so low confidence at this stage. Currently with a weak low pressure anomaly close to the south of the UK, the CFS forecasting model is suggesting a wetter than average month is likely for a good deal of England and Wales with Scotland and Northern Ireland closer to normal. Temperatures countrywide are forecast to be near to, or a slightly warmer than the long term average."

"June with a low-pressure anomaly but warmer than average could possibly mean thunderstorms,"

NFR NFC

It's going to be lovely. You'll be able to walk around without a coat during the day, but it won't be too hot in your tent in the morning. There will be no mud and, somehow - no dust either.

The Weather Gods will smite all non believers, and they shall smite them hard. They're like that, the Weather Gods. A bit purvy if ask me, but there we go.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is old news ( the beginning of the month) , but i though as we get into May that it's relevent , and i know it's from the Daily Express, so possibly ( :) ) over exaggerated . BUT, it's boody lovely to read :), and i thought i'd bump the weather thread as well!

The Met Office said the UK record for May high temperatures is 91F (32.8C) recorded in London, Kent and West Sussex, in 1922 and 1944.

If thermometers breach these highs, as long-range forecasters think, Britain could be in for the hottest May ever.

The Met Office’s three-month contingency planner suggests the warm weather is set to continue right through the summer.

It states: "Latest predictions for UK mean temperature favour above-average temperatures for April-May-June.

"Overall, the probability that the UK mean temperature for April-May-June will fall into the warmest of our five categories is between 25 and 30 per cent."