WWE

lharris92

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

CFO$ have been doing the music for a long while, haven’t they? 

Maybe I'm being unfair then, what has he been doing then? Whoever is writing the music should be fired. Growing up it was a huge part of the package for the wrestler. I can easily remember Savage, hogan, Rock, Bulldog, Bret Hart music. I couldn't reel off Owens, Rollins, Ambrose, Balor etc.

On 12/2/2017 at 8:54 PM, pink_triangle said:

Maybe I'm being unfair then, what has he been doing then? Whoever is writing the music should be fired. Growing up it was a huge part of the package for the wrestler. I can easily remember Savage, hogan, Rock, Bulldog, Bret Hart music. I couldn't reel off Owens, Rollins, Ambrose, Balor etc.

A lot of the old stuff was actually Jimmy Hart. Certainly the 80s stuff. 

So Impact have hired Don Callis to come in and run the company alongside Scott D'amore and Ed.

Makes sense as will be run out of Canada, I'd expect many of the guys coming through Lance Storm's academy to get a chance alongside D'amore academy. 

Hopefully Callis and D'amore will try a run a product that does the basics well, simple storytelling, great wrestling. 

Seems like Impact will be working with ROH moving forward, id love to see Kaz and Daniels get involved on Impact again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well my thoughts about clash of the champions.

Rusev getting huge babyface reaction and as usual doesn't win. He really needs to be the brands top face.

The tag team match was the best match. I think usos are most improved stars of the year. Nobody having better matches at present.

I thought the Orton/Nakamura was overbooked rubbish that made no sense.

Clash was an absolute piece of crap.

The womans match was a particular disappointment, Charlottes moonsault on to all the lumberjacks who decided to all gather in one spot over that side of the ring, then she still misses the entire bunch of the, lands on her feet and they all fall over anyway. My god, it was shocking. They didn't need the lumberjack element, it served no purpose and took away from the match instead of adding to it. Charlotte and Natalya feud has sucked, Charlotte as a face sucks. 

They should have kept Charlotte heel and let her feud with Becky. 

Smackdown is an complete mess at the moment for me. 

They need to book Owens v AJ at Mania moving forward, not sure who i'd have Naka face, maybe Corbin win back the US title and have Naka beat him for it at Mania.

On 02/12/2017 at 8:54 PM, pink_triangle said:

He had moved onto their other stuff like movies I believe. 

9 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Well my thoughts about clash of the champions.

Rusev getting huge babyface reaction and as usual doesn't win. He really needs to be the brands top face.

The tag team match was the best match. I think usos are most improved stars of the year. Nobody having better matches at present.

I thought the Orton/Nakamura was overbooked rubbish that made no sense.

They should have called an audible on that and made Rusev and English win. 

Also I am absolutely loving #RusevDay 

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Who would you rather have AJ face? They've been pushing Owens as their main heel all year, yes more than Jinder, you don't get to headbutt Vince lightly! 

One thing that you can be certain about is that the Smackdown match won't be the main event! In terms of who I would rather see AJ fight I would say Rusev, Wyatt, Reigns, Cena and Samoa Joe without thinking too much.

Saying that I don't think it's essential AJ is in the world title match as he can have an entertaining match elsewhere on the card.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

One thing that you can be certain about is that the Smackdown match won't be the main event! In terms of who I would rather see AJ fight I would say Rusev, Wyatt, Reigns, Cena and Samoa Joe without thinking too much.

Saying that I don't think it's essential AJ is in the world title match as he can have an entertaining match elsewhere on the card.

The only one you listed who is on smackdown is Rusev and he isn't getting in the world title picture, AJ deserves to be in a world title match at a Mania IMO, only other option is someone winning the rumble I guess and jumping to Smackdown to go for the title, but knowing WWE it will be AJ v Orton, which honestly I guess wouldn't be too bad, reckon AJ would get a good match out of Orton at Mania like Rollins did the other year.

7 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

The only one you listed who is on smackdown is Rusev and he isn't getting in the world title picture, AJ deserves to be in a world title match at a Mania IMO, only other option is someone winning the rumble I guess and jumping to Smackdown to go for the title, but knowing WWE it will be AJ v Orton, which honestly I guess wouldn't be too bad, reckon AJ would get a good match out of Orton at Mania like Rollins did the other year.

AJ strength is his wrestling, but he isn't particularly charismatic. It means he has great matches, but the storylines behind the feuds are generally not memorable. I could go either way on him being in the World title match or not. Most of the best Wrestlemania natches haven't been for the title.

It doesn't really matter who is on which brand. WWE can switch people whenever they choose. Your right Rusev won't be in the world title picture, but he absolutely should be. As for Orton he got a good match out of Rollins, every bit as much as Rollins got one out of him.

• 3 weeks later...

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Zayn fighting for the world title at the Rumble, Rusev jobbing to Fandango on smackdown. They need a big shake up of creative on that brand.

I am however looking forward to the 25 year raw. Probably the only time I'll watch a weekly show from start to finish.

Rusev is sooooo over and they ain't doing shit with him. So annoying.

Wish they didn't spoil so many of the guest wrestlers but I did pop for Austin at the end of that video package. 

Is it definitely just a 3 hours show? I saw rumours of 5 but Meltzer said it is currently only a 3 hour show. Not sure how they're gonna get everybody on.

Also, did anyone watch Jericho vs Omega? 

Edited by WS_Jack_III

9 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Also, did anyone watch Jericho vs Omega? 

Was amazing, actually better than i expected. Jericho was unreal. He isn't done yet either, he showed up the next night attacking Naito (most over guy in the company) so they will be doing a match down the line.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

47 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Was amazing, actually better than i expected. Jericho was unreal. He isn't done yet either, he showed up the next night attacking Naito (most over guy in the company) so they will be doing a match down the line.

Yeah i heard about that. Was hoping he might be in the Rumble but doesn't seem likely now.

I loved the match, Jericho went all in on the herl character and he can still go!

The Jericho vs. Omega match was insane. Such amazing psychology. Jericho is definitely one of the absolute greats of all time. I can’t think of anyone who has consistently reinvented themselves as incredibly as he has done over the years. 

I stuck around for the Okada vs. Naito match and thought that was also amazing. I’m going to start paying more attention to NJPW based on those two matches :) 

Ziggler to win the Rumble...

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Jericho vs. Omega match was insane. Such amazing psychology. Jericho is definitely one of the absolute greats of all time. I can’t think of anyone who has consistently reinvented themselves as incredibly as he has done over the years. 

I think that's overstating things. I like Jericho and respect what he has done. However when I think of all time greats, I think of Hogan, Savage, Austin, Rock, Undertaker etc.  I suppose it depends where you set the bar.