Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

first time and loved it.

amazing setting and great food! 

Saw James & the ensemble on the Saturday which ended up being massively delayed - but met some great people in the queue. Enjoyed it so much that we queued for Gaz Coombes the next day too which was the best thing I saw all weekend- really hope it was recorded!

This was my first Festival No 6 and I really liked it. I felt like quite a lot of the novelty of the festival came from the site itself, but still we would never have been short of things to see and do if it had been the same bill and food stalls all in a random field. One of the big things that struck me, which I suppose comes from it being the first week in September, was the noticeably older average age than the other festivals I've been to. Not necessarily a good or bad thing, just something I noticed. Really it meant that the spread of ages was a lot more even than anywhere else. The group I went with really loved it and want to go again next year if they're free, I can see myself going back when the line-up's to my taste again. All things considered, the food was my favourite thing about it, all killer no filler there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking at this festival for next year, has anyone stayed in the Portmeirion self catering accommodation advertised on the website. Wanted to know when these become available and how much they might cost. Also are they right in the middle of the action, could noise be a problem through the night?

Thanks in advance

there are 14 cottages:

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/stay/online-reservations/

should give you an idea of prices

The village shuts at 9 ish so noise not too bad. I hope you are rich though because it costs 2 to 2.5 k to hire them and they go very quickly. There is posh camping and local accommodation if you book up early if you don't fancy slumming it. You should go - it's amazing 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

With Primal Scream announcing a late summer festival, anyone else reckon they might be a shout for Festival No. 6? Sounds right up their alley.

They played the first one in 2012. I don't know if they'd be up for repeating headliners five years into the fest's existence, but I suppose it's possible.

I think Suede will be one of the headliners - just makes sense with the kind of bands they've booked previously and having a new album out. Not given that much thought to any other possibles but I think the range of headliners they've booked in the past couple of fests has opened it up so that they needn't dip into the repeats already.

• 5 weeks later...