Bearded Theory 2012

Guest Rich BT

Just got tickets for BT (first timer), couldn't resist as I am getting severe festival withdrawal symptoms and need to get away somewhere so I thought, why not. Have heard good things about it. Can't wait. Coming in a caravan but would like to be friendly, can we come to efests camp to say hello??

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got tickets for BT (first timer), couldn't resist as I am getting severe festival withdrawal symptoms and need to get away somewhere so I thought, why not. Have heard good things about it. Can't wait. Coming in a caravan but would like to be friendly, can we come to efests camp to say hello??

It'll seem so much closer when my ticket lands on my doormat, hopefully this week. just need the temperature to rise a bit, though on the bright side we'll have a great view of the stars at night if we have a cold high pressure area.

Also, could any forum experts tell me why I have the words "Warn Status" under my pic thingy?? I have no idea what I'm doing and thinking maybe I've done something wrong at some point?

“It is with great sadness that we must announce that Levellers are not able to play their forthcoming dates in Europe (25 April – 5 May) and at the Bearded Theory and Lakefest festivals in the UK in May. Fiddle player Jon Sevink from the band had surgery on a detached tendon in his finger over the weekend which was a success but has left him unable to play for a minimum of 6 weeks whilst he recupe...rates. Jon and the rest of the band send their sincere apologies to all their fans for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. They will be back in June to launch their new album and fulfil the rest of their summer commitments. European dates will be rescheduled where possible later in the year.”

All at Bearded Theory wish Jon a speedy recovery and we look forward to seeing him on stage again very soon.

We are actively looking for an adequate replacement to headline the Friday and if you have any suggestions please let us know below.

I've said this elsewhere but that would mean 2 of the 3 2010 headliners playing again.

Perhaps something a bit different or bump the bands up if need be rather than repeating headliners.

Though James are about, doing a festival up here a couple weeks before. Also Simon & Oscar from OCS are doing unplugged sets.

Or what about Death in Vegas who are in Liverpool the night before?

Or Gomez?

Though to be honest, with such short notice (4 weeks) they might struggle to get a replacement. Seen shouts for Dan from Ferocious Dog to stand in for Jon, that could work?

We are specifically looking for a new band to come in and headline the Friday. We are becoming increasingly conscious about the repeat of acts and it will be something we look at in 2013.

We will do our best to pull something out of the bag rather than save a few quid and hopefully it will go some way of filling the void left with Levellers not being able to play. A late night and a red hot phone awaits!

Gomez are not fully available hence why we booked Ben on his own but please keep suggesting as we are lobbing bands into a list.