Bearded Theory 2012

Guest Rich BT

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're making a distinction here between folk music and the finger in the ear stuff - well, that's a relief - otherwise, I'd be in danger of further damaging my already gammy finger ...... ;)

"Listened to some Terrorvision and Dreadzone on the Bearded Theory FB site this afternoon. Will sound soooo good in the open air + beer."

I seen to remember that, a few years ago, Terrorvision seemed to play for free on Saturday night at Rock City almost every week.... The trouble was, I was always too busy doing whatever to get myself down there for 9pm or whatever of a weekend night! I finally ambled over to see them on the second stage at Monsters of Rock - and found myself caught in a massive mud slide :O To this day. I can remember nothing about the band but everything about the mud :rolleyes: Do you think they're still worth checking out?

I am SO in festival mode today, the sun is shining, i'm trying to find time to practice putting up the new tent as my old one took a bit of a hammering at glastonbury last year... V V Excited about BT, all the festivals i'm going to this year are new to me but BT is the first so its beginning to bubble to the surface now :D happy days

According to Perks its now 56 days until BT.

Vodka and lime in my bag, but Thornbridge beer to buy on site is my plan.

Favouring taking smaller but waterproof tent, providing my back can put up with all that crawling in and out. Otherwise its the bigger but a bit unreliable Glasto tent, approaching its 16th year.

Gotta try and locate my tent, havent used it since Glasto last year, am sure I lent it to someone......must find it and get it up and aired and theres only......55days....

(check out my lame countdown - before you slate it, I have just done it 5 mins on me lunch!!)

http://www.happycountdown.com/BEARDED%20THEORY%202012/ :)

i'm not too fussed about the weather at BT, now i have a slightly bigger but most definitely waterproof tent (had sime minor flooding at G last year on the friday night) its really no problem either way, i shall get my fleeces out and my thermals too :) so excited for all my smaller fests this year! :D

Thanks outtolunch.

That Lichfield will definitely let in water, the way it is so loosely guyed. Mine has a dark green fly sheet, with the same lighter green around the the opening. Beautiful tent. Many happy memories.

'Our' Tempest is orange.

Like the motorhome. Waterproof and lockable. Heavenly.

Thanks outtolunch.

That Lichfield will definitely let in water, the way it is so loosely guyed. Mine has a dark green fly sheet, with the same lighter green around the the opening. Beautiful tent. Many happy memories.

'Our' Tempest is orange.

Like the motorhome. Waterproof and lockable. Heavenly.

well you do need a mower for each gardener or else they will never get all of the grounds finished, or is it that you are a lawnmower racer in you spare time.

my mower is a newer version of this

hayter-harrier41-push-used.jpg

but not as new as this

ha410.jpg

and here is the VW awning and just behind it the tent I forgot about, the toilet tent

95692792_89402cb793.jpg

Edited by outtolunch

Have considered buying a Beta before. But by the time you're get to a 450 its heavier than my Lichfield, at 8kg. Isn't the Beta like the Omega?

Also fancied the Vango Theta, which has good headroom for the size of tent. But now we've got the Tempest, which is higher spec, but lower ceiling height. I'll be ok in a gale and/or rain, but it is going to be beautiful and sunny.

I'm taking a chair to BT, something I didn't do and regretted at Glastonbury last year. Its nice to sit outside the tent, rather than just lurk around it.