mike99

Glastonbury food with pictures

Can anyone tell me what the best food is for value for someone on a strict budget?

I would say either a pasty from Welsh Oggie stall near Yeomans Bridge i think... or pasta http://www.efestivals.co.uk/info/food.php?fid=105 both are filling too. The Roaming Rotisserie were pretty good value too IMHO http://www.efestivals.co.uk/info/food.php?fid=175

Large yogurts from Yeo Valley were £1 in 2011 so grab one of these for breakfast. Buy some bananas from the fruit stall to fill up between meals. Also take some cereal bars with you. :)

Can anyone tell me what the best food is for value for someone on a strict budget?

To add to my earlier reply there is also Small World Cafe in the circus fields and the lovely Hare Krishna people will feed you for free. :)

To add to my earlier reply there is also Small World Cafe in the circus fields and the lovely Hare Krishna people will feed you for free. :)

We're does the funding come from hare Krishna. Dont they have to pay for there pitch?. How does the free food work are you preached to whilst you eat?

We're does the funding come from hare Krishna. Dont they have to pay for there pitch?. How does the free food work are you preached to whilst you eat?

Have a read at this thread or search the archives on here, there is lots of info! :)

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/172759-hare-krishna-hare-krishna/

To add to my earlier reply there is also Small World Cafe in the circus fields . :)

My favorite food stall on site :lol:...Says more about my food tastes though as there tends to be lot of kids getting tucked in to :P

But yes really reasonable prices there :)

• Upvote 1

Just stick by the pork sandwich stands at the Pyramid Stage and you'll be fine.

Box of Weetabix, pint of milk in a morning and force about 6 down your neck,should fill you up till early evening and the jobs a carrot as they say.

Box of Weetabix, pint of milk in a morning and force about 6 down your neck,should fill you up till early evening and the jobs a carrot as they say.

Agreed

Anyone know if the food stall in the campervan field is just another burger van or is it a bit more advanced

Anyone know if the food stall in the campervan field is just another burger van or is it a bit more advanced

Its a burgervan. They do a filthy bacon sambo too. I wouldnt plan on eating from it all weekend.

Edit - By filthy I mean good, good if you're hungover. If you have a camper you can stock up on food though obviously and cook yourself. Id recommend to do that.

The burger/breakfast van is a little bit too close to the portaloos for my liking. You wouldn't be asking for extra brown sauce like.......

Edited by The Nal

Nah we will prob make our own, in morning and get grub on site through day, then something like pot noodle when we come back at bed time

Thought you were local? Can't you just go home for your snap or bring it in every day?

Thought you were local? Can't you just go home for your snap or bring it in every day?

Maybe Chris Jagger could bring him a hamper in Saturday afternoon?

Can't he get you a backstage hospitality pass to the all inclusive artistes buffet?

Nah we will prob make our own, in morning and get grub on site through day, then something like pot noodle when we come back at bed time

We find a good stash of Heinz tomato soup, bread, crumpets, eggs and cheese are all handy for concocting late night snacks. And bacon for the morning apart from Wednesday & Thursday where I do a full fry up!

We have an oven so I take par baked bread, saves carting it around with you on-site. :)

At restaurants, festivals etc when I am out I like to try things I wouldn't normally eat. Now I love my meat, especially rich meats like game. I could never be a vegetarian and no chance of me being vegan but at Glastonbury I had a vegetarian burger that is up there with any live and kicking burger, it was f*cking superb! :) I forget the name of the place but if facing the Greenpeace wall thingy it was on the left I think, will definitely be looking for it again.

Maybe Chris Jagger could bring him a hamper in Saturday afternoon?

Can't he get you a backstage hospitality pass to the all inclusive artistes buffet?

I have to be patient and see

• Upvote 1