Led Zep ... again

Guest Neil

The O2 is just another enormodome, and there's nothing you can do to make the acoustics any better than ok. The best you can do is make it as loud as f**k to block out the inevitable echo that places that size create. It doesn't have good acoustics, let alone the best in the world!
Edited by 5co77ie

I have a rather chuffing idea if Led Zeppelin do play at Glastonbury next year.

A questionaire!

Think about it, a led zeppelin fan (Wearing the hoodie and all the armbands and

looking like a complete plonker) or just any other person that only likes led zep

because of friends or something like that, goes on the website, registers their ticket

They are then asked this question:

Are you going to go to Glastonbury just to see Led Zeppelin?

Yes No

They say "f**k yes Led Zep f**king rock oh my god" (or along the lines of that) and tick yes.

But this bit is what they dont know:

Anyone that ticks yes wont get in!

I know, I know, I am amazing :(

BlackHole2006's amazing idea is copyrighted in any way possible and can not be copied in any way shape or form if you copy BlackHole's idea then you are a moody bugger who spoils peoples fun. This writing is as small as my cock (as in chicken :angry:).

Edited by BlackHole2006

I don't think anyone should underestimate the drawing power of Led Zeppelin. They are surely one of the biggest names in the world even if they are not a regular gigging band. We Brits tend to forget that in countries such as Brazil and the US classic rock acts still rule the roost. Americans in particular will go out of their way to see a band they love and wiil travel across the globe if that's what it takes. Whatever Zep do in this country in 2008 chances are the main demand will originate in other countries.

Won't booking LZ be a somewhat of an about-face for ME next year though? Yes, he likes to put on something for the 'locals' on a Sunday night, but he made it very clear after this years fest that he wanted to get the youngsters back in for next year. I know that LZ would be a big draw for many youngsters but the average age is surely likely to go up rather than down with Bob and his mates topping the bill... :(

Won't booking LZ be a somewhat of an about-face for ME next year though? Yes, he likes to put on something for the 'locals' on a Sunday night, but he made it very clear after this years fest that he wanted to get the youngsters back in for next year. I know that LZ would be a big draw for many youngsters but the average age is surely likely to go up rather than down with Bob and his mates topping the bill... :(

The rumour of Led Zep playing Bonaroo 2008 won't die - could they do an Arcade Fire or Gogol Bordello and play both festivals?

Although having spoken to a few people i think this is the most likely to happen:

Led Zeppelin are currently "considering a tour," according to sources at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium in Wales, which is attempting to book the band for the venue.

Welsh Rugby Union chief executive Roger Lewis, who is involved with the stadium and is a friend of Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, told the Wales On Sunday that venue officials were talking to Harvey Goldsmith, the band's promoter, about the possible gig.

"Initially Harvey said they were only going to do a one-off gig, but now they are considering a tour," Lewis explained.

"We [the Millennium Stadium] are the only stadium in Britain with a retractable roof and we can guarantee a perfect event for 70,000 people. There's nowhere else in the country that can do that."

Edited by 5co77ie

I have a rather chuffing idea if Led Zeppelin do play at Glastonbury next year.

A questionaire!

Think about it, a led zeppelin fan (Wearing the hoodie and all the armbands and

looking like a complete plonker) or just any other person that only likes led zep

because of friends or something like that, goes on the website, registers their ticket

They are then asked this question:

Are you going to go to Glastonbury just to see Led Zeppelin?

Yes No

They say "f**k yes Led Zep f**king rock oh my god" (or along the lines of that) and tick yes.

But this bit is what they dont know:

Anyone that ticks yes wont get in!

I know, I know, I am amazing :(

BlackHole2006's amazing idea is copyrighted in any way possible and can not be copied in any way shape or form if you copy BlackHole's idea then you are a moody bugger who spoils peoples fun. This writing is as small as my cock (as in chicken :)).

One the one hand i hope they play, i love them, i think they are great. But on the other hand i want to go the glasto this year and it was hard enough getting tickets last year (i got them on the 3rd re-sale) and if led zep play it will be even harder to get tickets. But if they are touring the demand for glasto wont be as high as it wont be one gig like o2 was, but its still going to attrack people it wouldnt normally. It would be good it they played glasto and wembly, that way everyone wins

• 2 years later...